Her Fashion Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has started a thread for this subscription box yet! It's from a company based out of Australia who started shipping world wide FOR FREE. This right away was a selling point to me. I'm in Canada and most of the subscription boxes I most want to try don't ship to Canada or shipping costs are just crazy. This box reminds me of reviews I have seen of Popsugar. Looks like it has a great variety of beauty products, accessories and other items. They also have a Her Fitness Box that they just started. The first box ships out in February. I'm really excited to get both!

http://www.herfashionbox.com/

Seeing the previous boxes on their site, looks like this will be a great subscription. And it's free shipping! I signed up for the classic box. I wonder how the fitness box will turn out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just saw my credit card was charged $30.68 and $0.31.  Did anyone else get this extra charge?

I just saw my credit card was charged $30.68 and $0.31.  Did anyone else get this extra charge?
Yes, though mine was slightly more. I'm guessing it's an exchange rate thing, since the box is sold from Australia.

I still can't make a decision about this box... Some previous boxes seem amazing and other just plain boring. And for that amount of money I always expect to be "wowed".

Do it! I subbed for both fitness and fashion. The US dollar is slightly stronger, so it's a little less than $40. They said something on their facebook page that implies that the free shipping might be short term, so now is the time to try it out.

I was so excited about this sub a month ago. I used the half off code and with free shipping it was only like $18. Then I noticed the charge wasn't showing on my account on their site so I emailed to ask. They responded that they accidentally sent out the code to everyone but didn't expect the overwhelming response so now they weren't going to honor it for non Australian subscribers. So I was pretty irritated since they didn't even bother to affirmatively contact those of us who used it. It was pretty unprofessional and almost shady how they were handling this issue. It's not like it was a computer glitch. They deliberately offered it to everyone but then had too big a response so they secretly stopped honorij g it and left it to subscribers to figure it out. I was so disappointed since I loved the past boxes, the ability to choose a style and free shipping. So you can take it to the bank that if they're saying the free shipping is going to end soon, it will. And they likely won't tell anyone beforehand. Including some who already placed orders with free shipping, assuming they handle this the same way they did the discount code. I love supporting fashion subs and even more so, start up subs. But this seriously left a bad taste in my mouth. Just wanted to share so no one gets unpleasantly surprised by a bait and switch deal.

I was so excited about this sub a month ago. I used the half off code and with free shipping it was only like $18. Then I noticed the charge wasn't showing on my account on their site so I emailed to ask. They responded that they accidentally sent out the code to everyone but didn't expect the overwhelming response so now they weren't going to honor it for non Australian subscribers. So I was pretty irritated since they didn't even bother to affirmatively contact those of us who used it. It was pretty unprofessional and almost shady how they were handling this issue. It's not like it was a computer glitch. They deliberately offered it to everyone but then had too big a response so they secretly stopped honorij g it and left it to subscribers to figure it out. I was so disappointed since I loved the past boxes, the ability to choose a style and free shipping. So you can take it to the bank that if they're saying the free shipping is going to end soon, it will. And they likely won't tell anyone beforehand. Including some who already placed orders with free shipping, assuming they handle this the same way they did the discount code. I love supporting fashion subs and even more so, start up subs. But this seriously left a bad taste in my mouth. Just wanted to share so no one gets unpleasantly surprised by a bait and switch deal Agreed ! I subbed to both the fashion and the fitness and I haven't even received shipping notification yet, thought it's been almost two months. They keep changing their send date on their facebook pages. I'm pretty wary of them right now, but at the same time I am also super curious and I really want these boxes. Luckily I used a credit card that expires in March, so they can't keep charging me against my will if I want to cancel.

I saw this on the Her Fashion Box instagram page.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing her on MUT.  So don't look at the link if you don't want to know.

Ok- I just got emailed a receipt for what I assume is the March box. Problem is that I haven't received Feb's yet and have no idea what the status of it is. This really really annoys me!

Ditto--I emailed them this morning to attempt to get a refund.  It's hard to justify purchasing a second box when I have no idea when, or even if, the first box is going to arrive. 

Ditto--I emailed them this morning to attempt to get a refund.  It's hard to justify purchasing a second box when I have no idea when, or even if, the first box is going to arrive. 
The same thing is happening with Social Bliss. No box shipped yet for Feb and they've started charging for Mar. To me that's kind of shady. Especially with first time subscribers.

Oh wow, this is starting to sound really shady!  Please keep us updated on if/when you get a box!  And remember to dispute charges through your CC companies if you can't get a response from the company!

I wrote them and this was their response

Hey Sarah,

Thanks for the email!

The February boxes were shipped Monday afternoon/yesterday morning.   With our international boxes, we actually have to manually write all your addresses on the boxes and then match your tracking codes to your emails. Unfortunately, it's a very time consuming process so we should have the tracking numbers for our international subscribers ready to email very soon!   Thank you for your patience and we are already looking into a much easier process moving forward :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Kind regards, Jamiel   I can accept that answer, hopefully the boxes show up soon!

I just saw a spoiler on the her fashion box Facebook page. Don't look if you don't want to see what is in the box
The person reviewed the "trendy" her fashion box.   http://www.thebeautebuzz.com/sample-boxes/fashion-box-february/  
The Her Fitness Box Facebook page has a photo of the fitness box.
https://www.facebook.com/herfitnessbox01/photos/a.182660848603975.1073741828.181305285406198/227473147456078/?type=1&theater

Thanks for the spoilers! I'm pretty disappointed in the fashion box. It looks nothing like past boxes on their site. I had counted them up for the past year and liked 10/12. It doesn't even look like they included a big ticket item. I won't go along with the RRP of $39 for the lipgloss since that's absurd. String bracelets and necklaces? Just disappointing. It's a good thing they sold this month at a discount (albeit a variable discount depending on whether they honored a given code or not). Dainty jewelry I love, but not gold plated charms on a literal string/cord. Even my 9 year old would be like "meh, no thanks." It's like they made up for offering a discount by lowering the box value. Not a great way to attract new subscribers.

Back