Hourglass Ambient Lighting BLUSHES!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

As if I needed more blushes, but these these are are....ahhh i need. now. I have the ambient lighting palette and i totally fell in love with hourglass. Their lip products, veil primer, eye brow pencil....I want it all. but its so expensive!!

ANYWAYS...

Thoughts on these? besides gooo goooo gaaaa gaaaa LOL

I had the Dim Infusion blush in my cart on the Depots site, but they'd had an error with processing Canadian orders and by the time I could go online again it was sold out anyway. Still angry at Sephora about that... I only want Dim Infusion. If I love it, I might grab one more colour. I just want a coral blush so these came out at a great time. I love the ambient lighting powders to death so.

I'm very intrigued by their concept here. I haven't made the plunge and purchased a full size Ambient Lighting powder, simply because I don't think I'd use it enough to warrant the cost. But swirled in with some color like that? Guh!

I couldn't help myself; I had to grab Dim Infusion and Ethereal Glow once they went live for VIBs last Friday. I'm hoping they look as gorgeous in person as they do in my mind!

I limited myself to only buying ONE until I see swatches and know more about the formula and pigmentation.  I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a product launch.  I bought the Luminous Flush.  

I have the Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light and Mood Light...I'm a little confused by the names if they are supposed to be coordinated with the Ambient Lighting Powders to give an overall effect? Does anyone know?

Each one seems to have veins of a particular Ambient Lighting Powder running through it, so I'm not sure if they were designed to coordinate together? 

Dim Light is my staple finishing powder, so I doubt I will be able to resist getting the Dim Infusion blush...but I was also going to pick up the new NARS blushes from the Spring Final Cut release...Aaaahhh! Which one(s) to get???

My dim infusion just arrived on my doorstep!!! I've taken photos to compare in size to the ambient lighting powder and a swatch. I'm newer here, so was wondering if I should make a "spoiler" photo and if someone an help me. Or should I just attach the pics? On an iPhone.

Here's the photo showing size. Let me know if I should post the swatch and open compact pics :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just attach....asap please!!
claps.gif
 I'm too slow!! Please swatch 
wub.gif

Just attach....asap please!!:clap  I'm too slow!! Please swatch :love:  
Ok! This is dim infusion blush compared to luminous lighting powder. I'm extremely pale so I used a primer and a heavy hand swatching. In real life I use fan brush for light application.

Thanks! They look similar just the blush is darker. 

I took some pictures too if you guys are interested.  I have Dim Light (that's what the pan looks like on these apparently), Luminous Flush (blush), and Mood Light (the most pink of the regular powders).  Good pigmentation on the blush, easy to swatch...I would describe it as a vibrant and warm pinky peach color, the most similar color I have to it is NARS Day Dream from the NARS Guy Bourdain 2013 holiday collection.

I'm loving the picture of the Dim Infusion blush above, that will be my next purchase I think.  

Apparently some people are expecting these to be miracle blushes based on comments I've seen around. I think that's going way too far because these are the same people who were disappointed by the powders. After seeing swatches on Temptalia and another blog, I'm kind of glad I missed out on Dim Infusion. It looked cool on one girl and it looks very warm on Temptalia. I think I'll have to swatch it in person. A lot of the colours look the same on the skin. Rather disappointed there.

Quote: Originally Posted by ddalgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apparently some people are expecting these to be miracle blushes based on comments I've seen around. I think that's going way too far because these are the same people who were disappointed by the powders.

After seeing swatches on Temptalia and another blog, I'm kind of glad I missed out on Dim Infusion. It looked cool on one girl and it looks very warm on Temptalia. I think I'll have to swatch it in person.

A lot of the colours look the same on the skin. Rather disappointed there.

I feel the same way about the swatches on the skin...I'm surprised by the color range not being more diverse, since they do look quite different in the pan.  

The powders were not an instant love for me...its not a dramatic difference, but once I started using it consistently I became more and more impressed and found myself reaching for Dim Light over my other powders. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use Mood Light, and I've considered returning it. 

I normally use mostly NARS blushes, and I will tell you that the pigmentation on the Hourglass blush was amazing.  The Hourglass blush swatched on my arm more easily than my NARS blushes, and went on my face smoothly and beautifully.  I have a lot of yellow in my skin and am quite fair skinned, these warm colors work really well on me.  If i had more pink tones in my skin I think I'd be disappointed with the color selection. $35 is a lot for an individual blush, but so far I like the one I have and will probably purchase others, but like you said I'm going to swatch them in person so I don't get ones too close to the Luminous Flush that I already have. Is it a miracle blush? No. But I am pleased with my purchase.

I'm really wondering if Hourglass will put out a palette with both powder and blush some time this year.

Quote: Originally Posted by tallison /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel the same way about the swatches on the skin...I'm surprised by the color range not being more diverse, since they do look quite different in the pan.  

The powders were not an instant love for me...its not a dramatic difference, but once I started using it consistently I became more and more impressed and found myself reaching for Dim Light over my other powders. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use Mood Light, and I've considered returning it. 

I normally use mostly NARS blushes, and I will tell you that the pigmentation on the Hourglass blush was amazing.  The Hourglass blush swatched on my arm more easily than my NARS blushes, and went on my face smoothly and beautifully.  I have a lot of yellow in my skin and am quite fair skinned, these warm colors work really well on me.  If i had more pink tones in my skin I think I'd be disappointed with the color selection. $35 is a lot for an individual blush, but so far I like the one I have and will probably purchase others, but like you said I'm going to swatch them in person so I don't get ones too close to the Luminous Flush that I already have. Is it a miracle blush? No. But I am pleased with my purchase.

I'm really wondering if Hourglass will put out a palette with both powder and blush some time this year.
That would be a great idea.  Especially for people like me who would like to try both but are unsure which to try first.  I'm leaning toward trying the blush first, but the price keeps me from actually ordering either. I know I will break down & get one or both at some point though.  A palette with both would be ideal.

I'm neutral, but I want a coral blush that doesn't lean warm on my skin. I'm also debating getting Mood exposure because I was going to use Mood Light as a blush until I decided to wait on purchasing it. I have no doubt the blushes are wonderful quality, I just think some people expected too much from the powders and are doing the same with the blushes. I have Ethereal as a powder and it's wonderful - I use it all over my face and the difference is subtle but lovely. I would love a palette with the powders and blushes! Assuming it isn't a dark powder. I skipped the lighting palette because I know I'd never be able to use that one darker shade. It sucks because I really want Incandescent.

I'm neutral, but I want a coral blush that doesn't lean warm on my skin. I'm also debating getting Mood exposure because I was going to use Mood Light as a blush until I decided to wait on purchasing it. I have no doubt the blushes are wonderful quality, I just think some people expected too much from the powders and are doing the same with the blushes. I have Ethereal as a powder and it's wonderful - I use it all over my face and the difference is subtle but lovely. I would love a palette with the powders and blushes! Assuming it isn't a dark powder. I skipped the lighting palette because I know I'd never be able to use that one darker shade. It sucks because I really want Incandescent.
The dim infusion says coral and definitely pulls to the warm side on me. I say it comes across as more of a warm peach. Hope that helps. I can carry subtle warmth, so this looks nice on me..but anything from the bolder shades wouldn't look to great on me.

So for those of you who are cheap about these things or on a low-buy and have always wanted to try out the Ambient Lighting powders, I've been experimenting with a dupe I heard about through some Vloggers. I love the idea of the HG powers, but they are SO expensive. Although I would spend that much on a base or skincare, I can't bring myself to pay that much for a finishing powder (but am jealous of those who can!!). Anyways, maybe this is old news and a touch OT, but Wet n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana is FANTASTIC! I am wearing it again today all over, and I have such a lovely glow! It's called a bronzer, but it's much too light for that. It's also only good for lighter complexions. But, it's $4 and worth a try. It's my new favorite thing ever, because the glow it gives counteracts my general "OMG I DONT SLEEP I AM SO TIRED" appearance :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> More OT: I'm also curious how these blushes compare to something liek the LG baked blushes? Especially when combined with the highlighter that's usually in there?

Hi everyone!

I am a longtime reader but a new poster, so wanted to start off by saying hi properly :)

To your point, I was actually kind of wondering that myself. I have LG's blushes and I love them (Tropic Hues is one of my HG blushes), and was wondering how these Hourglass blushes are supposed to differ from the LG blushes or MAC's mineralized blushes. I bought Luminous Flush and have been wearing it for the past two days to decide how I like it (I am extremely pale and can't figure out if I love it or want to return it, especially since it's a bit different than the champagne rose they said it was), but am wondering if a lot of this was just me being silly and buying in to marketing hype. I own the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Glow and love it - I wear it pretty much daily.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Hourglass Ambient Blush formula is quite lovely - soft, silky, finely milled (although a touch powdery, but that's also true of the powders and the powderiness doesn't translate on the skin), but I don't think it's the game changing product that Hourglass claims or that the Ambient Lighting powders were. I only have one blush to make this assumption on, so perhaps don't go by me, but I think this is pretty much just a really prettily formulated higher end blush no different than other well formulated higher end blushes.

The LG blushes haven't really been on my radar, so I can't make a comparison. I looked up swatches of Tropis Hues and it looks beautiful! This may need to be mine soon...making an ulta run this weekend anyway. I'm not sure that Hourglass has made any claims that these blushes are supposed to perform outside the realm of normal blushes. I will tell you that I've also been wearing Luminous Glow since I got it, and that I think the staying power is phenomenal and the pigmentation is on point for what I expect from a high end blush. I think this is a good product, but the color range is limited at this point and the colors they put out won't necessarily work for everyone. That being said, I am really pleased with my purchase and I'm really wanting to pick up mood exposure as well.

This is what I was talking about - people expecting too much from a blush. Hourglass never claimed they were different from other blushes. They're just blush swirled with the lighting powders to provide a bit of a glow. I think they're worth it for the staying power because blush doesn't like to stay on me. And the formula of Hourglass powders is lovely and soft. If anyone expects them to be a miracle product then yeah, you'll be disappointed. Gotta say, mood exposure looks lovely and I might definitely be picking it up.

Latest posts

Back