What NYX products do you recommend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't have anything from NYX except their Love In Rio eyeshadow. The packaging for that mini trio was cute but I don't find myself using it that much. I heard of so much good things about NYX but just don't know what to get from their website.

So I would really like to try out more products and want to know your recommendations (especially face products). What are their best makeup products??

I have several of their jumbo eye pencils. They crease like crazy so I'm not sure how some people use them as an eyeshadow base, but I love them as eyeliner or a pop of colour in my inner corner. I also love their lipsticks and their lip cream things (sorry can't remember the name right now lol). I haven't tried their eyeshadows yet but I really want to because they've come out with some great colours.

deff the mega shine lip glosses....try some blushes....their eyeshadows are pretty good(the individual ones)...but not all are greatly pigmented. I like the le frou frou mascara.

I wouldn't recommend the glitter liners...on me they flake off...the ones from urban decay are better. their white eyeshadow base likes to crease on me.

I cant really think of anything else that ive tried at the moment. deff check out videos on youtube like "must have nyx products"    "best nyx products" or something like top 10 nyx products... it should help you greatly

Soft Matte Lip Cream! They're not drying at all and give a great finish. Also a sort of stain on my lips after a while. 

I love the butter lipstick. It is fairly new in their list but I already love its effect on my lips. Plus, its colors are considered to barely-there but you can feel the weight and the texture on it. It is already a good buy at less than $10. 

I own a couple of their products and did not get too attached to any of them actually... The soft matte lip cream makes me nauseous... I still have some of their items on my "wants" list despite not having the best experience with them so far, in particular "the curve" liquid eye liner, cream blush and powder blush. Can't recommend it based on experience though.

I would recommend the matte bronzer n the pore filler they r the best I also love there above and beyond full coverage concealer. These items are yet to be discovered especially the bronzer!! Oh and I love the matte powder its so soft and keeps u matte all day luv it more than my mac powder!

The jumbo eye pencils are great to me as eyeshadow base. I have oily lids that will crease often, but I haven't had a problem with the jumbos unless I gunk a lot of it on the lid. I can't use their actual eyeshadow base that they make though. It'll crease on me.

I like their single eyeshadows too. 

Oh! and I love their blushes.

use a primer under your jumbo pencils and they won't crease. also, their blushes and cream blushes are some of their most popular items ever. their singles eyeshadows are lovely -- the matte versions, at least. haven't tried any of the shimmery, but they're of good quality and great pigmentation. 

Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk is my HG eye highlight base. I blend it and then set it with a white eye shadow for a perfect highlight on my brow bone and the inside of my eyes.

I also love it as a water liner to make my eyes pop.

OH! And I use it along my cupids bow to make my lips look plump.

I used to love their Round Lipglosses, but they discontinued them! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Their Round Lipsticks, Black Label lipsticks, Mega Shine lipglosses, Powder Blushes, Cream Rouge blushes, Jumbo Lip Pencils, Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils, Slim Lip-liner pencils, Stick blushes, Matte Bronzer, and Hot Singles Shadows are all freakin' FABULOUS!! I really love NYX, it was one of the first brands I ever fell in love with. I have had very few disappointments!

Quote: Originally Posted by CandyLipstick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I used to love their Round Lipglosses, but they discontinued them! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Their Round Lipsticks, Black Label lipsticks, Mega Shine lipglosses, Powder Blushes, Cream Rouge blushes, Jumbo Lip Pencils, Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils, Slim Lip-liner pencils, Stick blushes, Matte Bronzer, and Hot Singles Shadows are all freakin' FABULOUS!! I really love NYX, it was one of the first brands I ever fell in love with. I have had very few disappointments!
What products disappointed you? I have been in love with NYX products, too. However, I do not use the same brand for the other make-up in my kit. I have others for my eye shadows and my lips. If you could give me some ideas on what products to avoid, then, that will be great. 

What products disappointed you? I have been in love with NYX products, too. However, I do not use the same brand for the other make-up in my kit. I have others for my eye shadows and my lips. If you could give me some ideas on what products to avoid, then, that will be great. 

Keep in mind products don't always work the same for everyone. What might not work for someone else may work great for you! It's all about testing stuff out.

Quote: Originally Posted by leorexbooster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have to say their concealers and mascaras. The concealers just don't set and slip and slide all over the place, and the mascaras do absolutely NOTHING for my lashes!

Quote: Originally Posted by erinenvyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk is my HG eye highlight base. I blend it and then set it with a white eye shadow for a perfect highlight on my brow bone and the inside of my eyes.

I also love it as a water liner to make my eyes pop.

OH! And I use it along my cupids bow to make my lips look plump.
Good idea to use the Milk pencil as a cupid bow highlight! I am going to try that! I used it today in my inner corners and under my brow.

NYX products I love:

1. Brow cake powder

2. Blush in 'taupe' as a contour for fair skin

I love that they are cruelty-free!

I recently started buying Nyx products because they are significantly less expensive than lots of higher end brands I've tried and they get rave reviews online. I have an eye palette (can't remember the name at this moment), a couple of lipsticks and a tinted lip balm (sorry, can't recall all the names of those either right now) and I love everything I've tried so far. I've been wanting to try the undereye concealer but the shade I wanted was sold out when I tried to order it from Ulta and I don't live anywhere near one so I'll have to wait on that I suppose 
icon_sad.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by hotpinkglitter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I recently started buying Nyx products because they are significantly less expensive than lots of higher end brands I've tried and they get rave reviews online. I have an eye palette (can't remember the name at this moment), a couple of lipsticks and a tinted lip balm (sorry, can't recall all the names of those either right now) and I love everything I've tried so far. I've been wanting to try the undereye concealer but the shade I wanted was sold out when I tried to order it from Ulta and I don't live anywhere near one so I'll have to wait on that I suppose 
icon_sad.gif

I recommend their blushes. SO GOOD! 

Back