Thick, coarse and loosely curly hair ideas?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've got medium/long curly hair, its really thick and coarse and doesnt like to co-operate. lol. I usually just shower, condition (i shampoo every other time, it seems to help with the frizz) and then brush it with a leave in conditioner while its wet, not good for it, but what else do you do? and then put it in a pony tail with some mousse. I would love to find something to do with it besides just mousse it and throw it in a pony tail because i know thats not great for it. I'd love to find a method that doesnt involve moussing it every time i shower yet controls frizz? I prefer natural methods, and something that will help with split ends and promote growth, so does anyone have any suggestion? I dont like spending a lot of time on my hair, but i know wash and wear is unattainable lol, but is there something i can do to make my hair healthier and easier to manage? Ive always struggled with split ends and frizz 

Hello, first i would advice you to use a shampoo and conditioner especially made for curly hair. Then, you should use a mask at least twice a week to repair and protect your hair (it will definitely make your hair healthier and will help to manage your curls).

As finishing touch, I recently tried Argan oil and the results are really great on my wavy hair, it is natural and make them shinier and add style to my waves :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sure you may benefit from kinky curly merchandise. The much more for the lighter area in my opinion. If everything give cowashing a whirl. Maybe you are going to benefit from the minimum pooing routine.

My hair is almost the same, except for tighter curls. I'm a 3B if you're aware of what that means on the curl scale. And, if you're not familiar, I would look it up because it's helped me a lot. I have used so so so much stuff on my hair and not much really helps the frizz. I also mildly pull out my hair, and it's the stuff around my face, so it's the worst. In the past 6 months though I have pretty much gotten everything to where I consider it manageable and if you're willing to spend at least 10 minutes or so after you shower on your hair, it's completely wear and go. First and foremost, I use Wen. It is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to my hair. Shampoo is an absolute nightmare, even sulfate-free shampoos/conditioners don't help with much of anything.. So, I went out on a limb and bought Wen and use a little more than you're supposed to, but my hair is extremely dry and coarse. I also use a few pumps at the end of my shower as a leave in conditioner. … I hate mousse. I'm sure not all make your hair crunchy and unbearable, but I've found that there's an incredibly fine line between not enough and too much. Yuck. Forget about it. .... I put my hair in a t-shirt (it's supposed to help with frizz, I have no idea if there's any fact to this.. but if you/someone in your life has an old used one then it certainly can't hurt) for a few minutes. I then spray a leave-in spray (dry oil this time of year). Then let the shirt soak everything in for a few more minutes. Then I use a smoothing milk of some sort and then a serum. Then, I finish it all off with a crème, and this is the only one that I have a recommendation for.. the Fekkai glossing crème is everything. And, I spray in some hairspray when my hair's still damp because I really hate crunchy.. But, I guess it's a long list.. but it works. Also, all products I use change as the seasons due.. Curly hair is a pain. If you look at it in the wrong manner most times the curls separate and frizz right up. So, I hope this was useful. Also, I don't even brush my hair anymore. Wen pretty much detangles as you shower. But, if you insist on brushing, then you should definitely do it before your shower when it's still dry because brushing when it's wet damages your hair.

Yes, that's a lot of words, but it's late and I wanted to make sure I said everything I wanted to. Yes, it could be said in less. No, I'm not going to edit it. I am not a writer.

I just think that you have to work with the styles that will go your way. Braids will be in this year, as a lot of people say. Also, they are comfortable and they can help you look really young. Shampoos and other hair products will only help you ease the case. At the end of the day, it will still grow according to your genes. 

Back