Do you do DIY home spa treatments (wraps, scrubs, facials, etc.) Why and why not?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Ladies, 

Please share your experiences. Likes and dislikes. I have seen many exfoliation recipes, as well as wraps that you can do at home. 

Do you perform them at home? Do you find them messy or generally relaxing and fulfilling?

Which ones are your favorite and you could recommend?

Thanks,

LB:)

I love coconut oil hair masks! I put a little on the ends of my hair and work it about half way up the hair. Leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes then wash out. My hair looks great for a few days after.

I like body brushing and a DIY body wraps.  One of those freeman dead sea mask mixed with and equal amount lotion, saran wrap and ace bandage!  Plenty of water before hand too, sweating is good for you but not if you're dehydrated.

Puffyeyes, I have to try this sometime. Thank you:)

SaraP, love the coconut oil too, use it for my body though only. xx

Yes I love DIY.  I love making sugar scrubs for my face as they really do help with getting rid of dry patches and also make my pores look smaller.

Quote: Originally Posted by SaraP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love coconut oil hair masks! I put a little on the ends of my hair and work it about half way up the hair. Leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes then wash out. My hair looks great for a few days after.

What shampoo do you use to wash it out, or so you have to wash your hair more than once to get it to rinse out? I find that every time I've tried the coconut oil hair mask I can't get it to rinse out of my hair and leaves me with nasty greasy hair for days :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by angie828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes I love DIY.  I love making sugar scrubs for my face as they really do help with getting rid of dry patches and also make my pores look smaller.

What do you use to make the sugar scrub for your face?

Quote: Originally Posted by mzamber /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What do you use to make the sugar scrub for your face?
I just mix white sugar with my regular face wash and it works awesome.

Quote: Originally Posted by angie828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just mix white sugar with my regular face wash and it works awesome.

Oh okay cool. I'll have to try that. Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What shampoo do you use to wash it out, or so you have to wash your hair more than once to get it to rinse out? I find that every time I've tried the coconut oil hair mask I can't get it to rinse out of my hair and leaves me with nasty greasy hair for days :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't put a ton in, just a lot on the ends. It washes out fine with my normal shampoo. The best shampoo and conditioner (IMO) is Biolage sleek line.

I don't put a ton in, just a lot on the ends. It washes out fine with my normal shampoo. The best shampoo and conditioner (IMO) is Biolage sleek line.

Oh okay. Maybe it just doesn't work for me because my hair gets greasy on its own already. Sucks though cuz I really do like the way the coconut oil smells. 

I'll have to try that Biolage sleek line. There stuff smells nice too.

Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

deff coconut oil in the hair.. I leave it in over night and my hair feels amazing the next day

Oh okay. Maybe it just doesn't work for me because my hair gets greasy on its own already. Sucks though cuz I really do like the way the coconut oil smells. 

I'll have to try that Biolage sleek line. There stuff smells nice too.

Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This Biolage line rocks!! I have extremely long, thick hair and I've gotten lots of hair masks in beauty boxes but none have been as conditioning as the Biolage. If you find the coconut oil to greasy try putting it just on the ends of your hair.

This Biolage line rocks!! I have extremely long, thick hair and I've gotten lots of hair masks in beauty boxes but none have been as conditioning as the Biolage. If you find the coconut oil to greasy try putting it just on the ends of your hair.

I tried just putting it on the ends and that was too greasy too. I ended up just getting the organixx macadamia mask and it seems to be working okay making my hair really soft. I just wanted to try the coconut oil because it's all natural.

Quote: Originally Posted by colorfuldez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  deff coconut oil in the hair.. I leave it in over night and my hair feels amazing the next day
Do you wear a shower cap to bed then?  Or does it stain your bedding?

Cool idea. I'll have to try that. 

I usually mix brown sugar with some olive oil to make face scrub.

Back