POLL: Do you have an every day makeup look? what is it? how often do you change it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaylilee

Obsessed with colored powder
Reaction score
This is a question that I often like to hear what people do for their every-day. I know some people (like my mom) are dedicated to one specific look that they will wear day in and day out, and it specifically enhances her naturally beautiful eyes or lips, etc. I on the other hand cannot for the life of me stick to one routine or specific look. I also keep arranging my eyeshadows into "quads" or palettes, only to switch them out in like a week...cannot for the life of me stick to a single combination!

right now the most "routine-y" part of my every day look is the same foundation and powder, and my lipgloss (mostly because I'm trying to use it all up before it goes funny).

How about you ladies (and gents!)? What's your signature look if you have one? and if not, your staples for every day?

I don't really have a "signature" look. I get bored very easily and I like variety (this is probably why I fail at the Monday Club). 

I wear the same face products (Buxom foundation, CoverFX powder, MAC MSF, and Maybelline concealers) everyday but my eye makeup and lip color depends on where I'm going and my mood.

I agree with lioness. I wear same "base products everyday" but change up the eyes, cheeks and lips. In fact I keep my primers, foundations, etc in my bathroom. But I keep my eyeshadows, lip colors, blushes, bronzers and even fragrances in my room in a nice storage area. So it forces me to every morning pull out the colors I want and bring them to my bathroom. I like the little 2 Min of choosing...it's like daily shopping. Today I was in a peachy pink mood girly and am wearing Prada Candy. I also keep the same powder and lotion in my purse but carry a new gloss w me each day. It's just fun I guess.

I have an everyday look... working in an office doesn't really provide the "atmosphere" for creativity.

It's usually a base/foundation, a muted blush color, light tan and browns for eye shadow (to spice it up I use muted colors of blue, pinks, or purples).  Tan/Neutral or Berry lip color, black liquid eyeliner and mascara.

I have an everyday look... working in an office doesn't really provide the "atmosphere" for creativity.

It's usually a base/foundation, a muted blush color, light tan and browns for eye shadow (to spice it up I use muted colors of blue, pinks, or purples).  Tan/Neutral or Berry lip color, black liquid eyeliner and mascara.
I don't get very creative for work either. So I guess I do have an everyday work routine. But I will change up blush, eye, lip colors each day.

I love to do a smoky eye (whether subtle or dramatic) and pair that smoky eye with a nude and/or light lip. I also love switching things up depending on the moment and mood. Somedays nakedly natural and somedays audaciously dramatic.

mine deff changes! but I love buying makeup and trying out new stuff... so mine always changes the only thing that may stay the same is my eyebrow routine

For a typical day, I tend to go pretty basic (foundation, eyeliner, mascara), but on special occasions I like to change it up with different false eyelashes, shadow, and lip shades.  Sometimes though, I get stuck in a routine rather than try out new items I've bought (often cause I'm in a rush lol).  

Perfect timing with this question! Just today I made a list of my items to use up and realized I had a full face written down! So I told myself this will be my go-to look for the next month or two. Otherwise I usually switch it all up whenever I want. Here is my list: Stila e/s quad (hoping to hit pan on grey and maybe pink too) NYC black glitter eyeliner Clinique matte foundation Clinique setting powder NYX pink creme blush Smashbox bronzer (hoping to hit pan) Almay pink lipstick JuicyTubes lipgloss DS Boots body butter Boots body scrub Once I finish that NYC liner I will be aiming to finish my brown Palladio eyeliner pencil and black Stila Smudgepot.

Not really. I typically don't the same makeup look for long. At work I might do more of a neutral eye, but I've done a smokey blue eye to work because I was going to a hockey game that night and wanted to incorporate the team's colors into my makeup and didn't have time to do it after work. The women at my work range in our neutral their makeup is at work. Some do the I barely am wearing any look and some do the color all my face in look.

I have a look if I'm running behind though which is Ecco Bella brown mascara, Tarte concealer stick (this stuff creases on me if I apply directly to skin so I use a brush to take some off of the stick), Physicians Formula Happy Boost Powder (leaves a pretty glow), and an eyeliner.

I'm all over the board when it comes to my look but I will say that lately I've settled into a look that I've very fond of. Simple cat eye with some soft grey/browns over the lid with dark brown or plum in the outer crease. On my lips I do a liner, brush on some of my #49 Rouge Artist Intense lipstick, and then lastly I pat it down with some random Matte red out of one of my blush pallets. That over the regular foundation and I'm good to go. The lipstick lasts all day and I feel wonderful. Not sure how long I'll stick with it but for right now it's as close to an "every day" look as I think I've ever gotten.

I typically do a neutral eye. I try to use up my neutral colors first because I have so many of them lol. I'll do color every once in a while, like maybe a deep burgundy or purple on the outercorner. I don't have much time to play around with makeup because of my job overnight. As for face products, I switch it with foundations and setting powders to use up products. I'm tempted to purchase new foundations all the time so I try to keep myself on rotation between all of them. 

Quote: Originally Posted by VintageKoha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm all over the board when it comes to my look but I will say that lately I've settled into a look that I've very fond of. Simple cat eye with some soft grey/browns over the lid with dark brown or plum in the outer crease. On my lips I do a liner, brush on some of my #49 Rouge Artist Intense lipstick, and then lastly I pat it down with some random Matte red out of one of my blush pallets. That over the regular foundation and I'm good to go. The lipstick lasts all day and I feel wonderful. Not sure how long I'll stick with it but for right now it's as close to an "every day" look as I think I've ever gotten.
that's a handy trick with the blush! I don't wear lipstick often, mostly because they never last on me. 

I love hearing what others have to say -- mine lately is just a basic eye with e/s the same color as my skin, mac cork in the crease and outer corner, and eyeliner... but i'm getting bored of it again and itching to come up with a new combination! this one's easy to do, though...

as for my face, i've been rotating through 3 blushes but realized they're all the same variation of peach. gah. 

Mine varies slightly, but not much.  I only wear neutral eyeshadows (no colorful eyes for me) as I feel they look best on me.  Cheeks are usually a plum/mauve or rose toned shade and lips are usually subdued.  My lipsticks/glosses are all mlbb, a pinky mauve or rose color. I don't have an everyday go to look though.

Now last year from February through the summer I wore alot of peach, copper, rose gold, and corals.  I started wearing my Avon Sandy Corals quad just about everyday, with the same lipstick and lipgloss.  A few months later I got my Bobbi Brown Rose Gold e/s single and wore that almost everyday (occasionally wearing my Avon or Lorac Unzipped).

Now I have 2 different Naked palettes added to my collection so my looks vary.

My daily routine looks like this:

Foundation/Powder & Contour

False Lashes

Eyebrows

White highlights under brow & inner eye

Nude shadow

Winged black gel liner

Mascara

Lip balm and/or lipstick

Those are the constants.

I honestly don't really have a look that I go to or anything. This is not because I'm always switching things up like some people say, it's literally because sometimes I don't have time to apply makeup and if I do, I do it differently all the time. I'm weird that way. Hahaa, I can't do Monday Club either because of this, but for the exact opposite reason that @lioness90 cited. Haha!

Ok, so I usually at *least* try to fill in my brows and conceal my under eye circles, and blemishes if I have any. Ideally, I'd also cover redness with a BB cream or a CC base, and apply mascara. Even more ideally, I'd also add some color to my lips and maybe a little shading to my eyes to detract from my hooded eyelids. But anyway, it's a toss-up on what I actually do. I don't even know why I'm obsessed with makeup if I hardly ever wear it. I'm seriously weird! LOL!

Quote: Originally Posted by jaylilee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  that's a handy trick with the blush! I don't wear lipstick often, mostly because they never last on me. 

I love hearing what others have to say -- mine lately is just a basic eye with e/s the same color as my skin, mac cork in the crease and outer corner, and eyeliner... but i'm getting bored of it again and itching to come up with a new combination! this one's easy to do, though...

as for my face, I've been rotating through 3 blushes but realized they're all the same variation of peach. gah. 
It was a trick I picked up ages back for red matte lips and I've used the trick for every color since. I'd never been able to wear lipstick before that because I either end up looking like the joker two minutes in or I rub it off within minutes of going out.  It lasts through meals and I can kiss my husband without it coming off. XD It's the best trick eeeever. I know I picked it up from a youtuber but I seriously cannot remember who. 

Quote: Originally Posted by VintageKoha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It was a trick I picked up ages back for red matte lips and I've used the trick for every color since. I'd never been able to wear lipstick before that because I either end up looking like the joker two minutes in or I rub it off within minutes of going out.  It lasts through meals and I can kiss my husband without it coming off. XD It's the best trick eeeever. I know I picked it up from a youtuber but I seriously cannot remember who. 
That is so awesome. I never wear lipstick because I hate how it comes off so fast. I'm going to have to try your trick. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My everyday face is the same foundation and concealer, and I've been sticking with a BH Cosmetics pink blush, liquid eyeliner, mascara and a variation of neutral eyeshadows from my Two Faced naked palette. It's boring and I keep wanting to try something new... and then I never ever do. 

I too get bored with my look and often change it up.  I will often go from wearing brown shadow one day to silver the next and then maybe Orchid the next.  Some days I will wear blush and others I do not.  Just really depends what my mood is. I will wear mineral foundation everyday as well as do my brows and mascara but those are the only givens.

Latest posts

Back