What you look like before and after you apply makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I always love seeing those "celebrities without makeup" things in magazines..It reminds me that they are, in fact, humans! 
icon_smile.gif

So I challenge you! Post a picture of yourself before and after you do your makeup! 

Me before makeup:

Me with makeup on (and normal clothes):

I'm rather insecure about my skin and lips and I'm vastly uncomfortable without my eyebrows filled in. I love makeup because it allows me to enhance the features I like about myself and help out the features I am not so crazy about. It's also wicked fun to experiment with makeup. So what do you ladies look like before and after?!

Wow! You are one of those people who really, really do not need makeup. You look so beautiful without makeup, like an angel! I wish I looked like that without makeup! You could easily be a model. *Envy* Hehehe. Also, great make-up look too!

Ok, now that I'm done gushing on your gorgeous face, I want to participate!

I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I'll get some soon. This is going to be a fun thread!!!! I love befores and afters for basically anything, but especially makeup.

KaitlinKolors, you have great skin! And may I ask, what concealer do you use under your eyes, if you use one? I have terrible dark circles and though you don't seem to have much of a problem in that area, the difference is noticeable in your "after picture" and I would love to know your secret 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by KaitlinKolors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I always love seeing those "celebrities without makeup" things in magazines..It reminds me that they are, in fact, humans! 
icon_smile.gif

So I challenge you! Post a picture of yourself before and after you do your makeup! 

Me before makeup:

I'm rather insecure about my skin and lips and I'm vastly uncomfortable without my eyebrows filled in. I love makeup because it allows me to enhance the features I like about myself and help out the features I am not so crazy about. It's also wicked fun to experiment with makeup. So what do you ladies look like before and after?!
it's so funny how we see all the bad things in ourselves....i think you're beautiful sans makeup!  

Quote: Originally Posted by hotpinkglitter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  KaitlinKolors, you have great skin! And may I ask, what concealer do you use under your eyes, if you use one? I have terrible dark circles and though you don't seem to have much of a problem in that area, the difference is noticeable in your "after picture" and I would love to know your secret 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thank you for your compliments...so sweet!

I use the new Covergirl Tru-blend fix stick and Maybelline Fit Me concealer underneath my eyes. I set all of that with Rimmel Stay Matte powder :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope this helps!

This is a fun thread!  I'll be brave enough to participate. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Me: No makeup

Me: makeup (natural colors)

Makeup: (brighter colors)

I hate going without any makeup at all when my cheeks are having a "bad day" and splotchy.  I like at least some very sheer tinted moisturizer or powder, mascara is a must or I have no eyelashes, lol.  I call it my alien look.

I don't like my right eyebrow and a couple inches above it on my forehead.  It has a tiny scar, that luckily healed up fine, but leaves a small split in my brow by the arch.  It is a pain in the butt to get filled in.  And above on my forehead I have a tiny dent, that I have to be careful not to put shimmer or bronzer on or it'll be more noticeable.  I got hit with a brick as a kid by a not so lovely "play cousin", he was such a peach! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    Actually now that I look closer, it is showing in my last picture, looks kind of like a faint bruise mid forehead above my right eye reaching to my hair. Not really a big deal, but these are what I'm most insecure about. 

Does anybody else have phases their face goes through--where any kind of makeup on the face makes you look worse?  I've been having phases, like right now, that I put on the normal makeup and it just looks.. bad.  Nothing blends right, it is heavy looking when really it isn't.  But no makeup I still don't look "right", still kind of splotchy.  I don't know, maybe I'm weird.  :- 

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is a cheat, I have primer on in the before (Miracle Blur, I forgot I wanted to post here) but my dead eyes are still dead.  I feel so colorless without makeup, I really am that pale.  This is a typical day face.

My Mom is very fair like you!  Reminds me of Snow White.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Your no makeup picture makes you look ethereal.

Quote: Originally Posted by KaitlinKolors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon_smile.gif

Me before makeup:

I think you look fantastic without makeup! (and with too)  I really like the shape of your eyes.  I've always wanted my eyelids to show like that...as weird as that may sound, lol.  Hooded eyes run strong on both sides of my family, so naturally I got them too.

The before picture is awful, sorry. Basically I just have a ton of faded freckles (because it's winter and I'm not in the sun) and I have some redness and discoloration. My eyebrows are always a mess, their shape never stays how I want it. Also, without mascara, my eyelashes are very plain and boring. My skin is currently pretty dry so it's very difficult for me to put on face products without it getting cakey and gross looking. I did pretty well with my beautyblender today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I hope you enjoyed looking at my crappy pictures hahaha.

Quote: Originally Posted by geeko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  These are 2  pics of me with make up

And pic of me without make up... ew. i look tired  and awful without make up :X

you have PHENOMENAL skin! 

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  you have PHENOMENAL skin! 

I have horrible undereyes though really dark ones as u can see frm my no make up pic :X

I don't know if I want to do this, girls
icon_eek.gif

i am sure i won't be among the girls that get said "aww you look beautiful with or without makeup"
icon_rolleyes.gif

I can make myself look really different with my makeup and be shocked when i remove it LOL...

Maybe I'll do it, but with a day makeup
rotfl.gif

I remember you posting about trying to decide what you should buy with your YouTube money. How about a moisturizer then? What are you using? I had a horrible dryness problem for a bit - make up looked cakey and in some spots even flaky if my skin was extra bad in that area. I started using Clinique moisture surge (the pink one) and would apply right after washing. Dry no more!

The before picture is awful, sorry. Basically I just have a ton of faded freckles (because it's winter and I'm not in the sun) and I have some redness and discoloration. My eyebrows are always a mess, their shape never stays how I want it. Also, without mascara, my eyelashes are very plain and boring. My skin is currently pretty dry so it's very difficult for me to put on face products without it getting cakey and gross looking. I did pretty well with my beautyblender today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I hope you enjoyed looking at my crappy pictures hahaha.

Quote: Originally Posted by geeko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  These are 2  pics of me with make up

And pic of me without make up... ew. i look tired  and awful without make up :X

WOW! You look great without makeup, fresh and youthful. BUT you look fantastic with it!!! Like a doll, love it! 

I remember you posting about trying to decide what you should buy with your YouTube money. How about a moisturizer then? What are you using? I had a horrible dryness problem for a bit - make up looked cakey and in some spots even flaky if my skin was extra bad in that area. I started using Clinique moisture surge (the pink one) and would apply right after washing. Dry no more!
Thank you for the suggestion! I've been using aveeno positively radiant for a while and it's fantastic when my skin isn't so dry but right now it can't keep up with this weather. I think my mom actually has the pink moisture surge... Maybe I'll try it and if it helps I can get it. I'm also curious about garnier's version of it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thank you for the recommendation!

Back