Mink Eyelashes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have always gotten individual lashes, usaully the brands that are carried in the local beauty supply store. What is the difference in mink lashes compared to individual lashes other than the texture of them ? Do they last longer ? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :)

Id say no, wearing synthetic is better for our furry friends. I don't condone wearing anything that's from an animal. Id say you're better off buying synthetic. 

The difference is no animals suffer when you wear synthetics
Some mink lash manufacturers dont hurt the animals when they harvest the hairs. The mink are well looked after and are sheared in a way similar to sheep.

I used to despise Mink products until I visited a mink farm when I was in Canada. Conditions are fine and all these 'shock' videos are probably from the synthetic lash industry to redirect buyers to their products.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they claim to last longer ( up to 25 uses) but I know several people that wear them and are very careful when taking them off and cleaning them and they only get about 7-10 uses from them. I have gotten 5 uses out of a pair of $1 lashes before.

I personally don't think it's worth the price. I also do not ever wear lashes haha but if I did I still could not justify the price tag with them.

I know they claim to last longer ( up to 25 uses) but I know several people that wear them and are very careful when taking them off and cleaning them and they only get about 7-10 uses from them. I have gotten 5 uses out of a pair of $1 lashes before.

I personally don't think it's worth the price. I also do not ever wear lashes haha but if I did I still could not justify the price tag with them.
You're right about that some people only get 7-10 wears but I know many that even wore it more than the 25 times. I guess practice makes perfect! 

I personally think they just look so much more natural on. A little extra investment to look beautiful and the amount of compliments is worth it on my end. If I don't wear lashes often, I think I'll save them up for special occasions.

I know I might be a little bias because I work with ESQIDO lashes but ever since I hopped over to these lightweight and longer-lasting lashes, I have been more confident with when I present myself in front of others :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But of course, wear whatever you want just as long as you feel good and let your inside shine! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Some mink lash manufacturers dont hurt the animals when they harvest the hairs. The mink are well looked after and are sheared in a way similar to sheep.

I used to despise Mink products until I visited a mink farm when I was in Canada. Conditions are fine and all these 'shock' videos are probably from the synthetic lash industry to redirect buyers to their products.
I tend to agree. Also those "shock" videos are mostly from China and Russia. Don't forget, these countries have come from an economic oppressive 'culture' to one of a Capitalist economic model over-night, so hence the learning curve to match the Western economic model... Like learning about "unsustainability" :huh:   

Back