Does anyone still subscribe to Beauty Army?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped around Sept/Oct.  I've checked for samples since then and it's the same stuff, over and over again - even with changing around the quiz.  Right now, there is 95% foil packets for me to choose from.  Blah.

The last box I received was Oct. 2013.  I finally cancelled altogether this month because it became a chore to have to check my account when it opened up, the taking and retaking the quiz thing so many times drove me crazy, and then I ended up skipping box after box in the end.  This box just cost me so much time and frustration trying to pick 'what I really wanted' lol

I did love Beauty Army at first and it was one of my favorite subs.  I have found some really nice products/brands through them so I am sad to have let them go.  Maybe if sample selections pick up, I'll come back.

I'm still subscribed although I find myself skipping at least every other month.  I forgot to skip the month for last month since I was on vacay and they went ahead and picked out the items for me.  Not too happy with their choices but it was my fault that I forgot arrgghhhh.. =/

I used to have 4 open subscriptions at one time and now...I have none because its so crap :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Zadidol do you know what happened?

They're still there but I do know that one of my friends there no longer works there. I have my own speculations of course on what's going on but I'm afraid I don't have any real answers.

I just closed my account. I skipped so many months and Beaty junkie that I am I don't think I am that picky. Plus I loved the boxes themselves. But lately boring! Did they closed their Facebook too?

Ok Im guilty. I just ordered 2 boxes because of the full size tatcha which I need replacements. I probably will cancel after these though. 

I'm still active but have been skipping since November. Every month I have been offered Sensa, which in my opinion is a dangerous, scammy snake-oil product (for those who have never seen the ads, Sensa claims to make you lose weight just by sprinkling this flavorless powder on your food.) I know their system doesn't know I'm overweight, but I get the same gut feeling I get when my mother-in-law hands me diet books for Christmas. On top of this, there has been too much tea and far too many repeats of too many foils and those little cardboard pouches you open by pulling off a little tab. I kind of feel badly because it was once my favorite sub and I blew the trumpets for BA and its customer service all over the place. Now it's like, damn, what happened??? It feels like they're getting random crapola samples in huge boxes from Big Lots and just kind of dumping them together. I don't know how much longer I'll remain active, unless they step up their game and start making some better offerings soon.

Unfortunately for me, I signed up for a year back when they first started, when the boxes were worth talking about. I skip often, and have at least 5 boxes owed to me, but I certainly regret jumping the gun like that, and will definitely be canceling unless they overhaul their samples game. The last box I got was almost entirely made up of sad little foils, and I thought to myself: I paid 12 bucks for this!? Even my boyfriend, who sometimes peeks at all my various subscription boxes, saw a recent Beauty Army box and said, "That's a terrible box! You should cancel that!"

I just saw they are having a 30% off annual subscriptions sale. I am a little tempted just because ~$8 is a lot easier to justify than $12 with them. I did really like the boxes when I was subscribed last year. 

Rue LaLa was offering 3-months of Beauty Army for $23.00 vouchers. They had recently given me a $25.00 credit (why? don't know) so I used that to get a subscription. I just signed up and selected my samples. I really don't like the way you fill out your preferences. If you decide to change anything you have to start back from scratch. And why do they only allow you to select from 9 items? I don't mind being offered foils or tiny perfume samples but it would create a more positive impression being able to choose from a wider range of things.

When they started, you were offered 12 items, and they used to be a lot better--larger sizes, better variety, better balance of makeup, hair products and skin care. I don't insist it all e makeup, but I do like variety and I have not been receiving it since November--for the most part, the same products have been offered, several of which already were repeats with only three new items showing in those five months. I will cancel in April if it's one more month of this. I feel badly too, because I was a worse missionary for Beauty Army than anyone you see pushing pamphlets on any given city street corner. I just don't feel it's worth my time and money for the repeat products, not when I'm offered points through Birchbox or the monthly coupon code from Sample Society. Beauty Army isn't really offering me any terrific incentives to remain active at all, let alone stop skipping months.

While I don't subscribe to Beauty Army anymore, I used to really enjoy their subscription and I loved their customer service even more. I've stayed following them on facebook, and they recently had a contest that required leaving feedback on the company, so I gave them some suggestions and Lindsey, the CEO got back to me and said:

Quote:  Hi Rachel,   Thanks so much for submitting your feedback to BeautyArmy!   We have some great samples hitting the warehouse this month from Kate Somerville, Burt's Bees and Juice Beauty! We strive to get a wide breadth of samples while ensuing quality also.   I love your idea of sending past subscribers an email with an offer. We will implement this idea this month or latest April. Thanks!   So glad to hear that you like our customer service and employees!   Let me know if you have any more feedback. Would love to hear it!   Best, Lindsey
--

So it looks like they'll be getting some updated samples in, as well as sending past subscribers a discount/offer. Just something to keep a look out for if any of you enjoyed the service and are looking for it to start picking up again!

I subscribed using the RueLaLa three month deal.  I picked a 2oz Amlactin, a spa mask, carrot soap, Michael Todd foils, furless forehead wrinkle stickers (so ridiculous! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), and a Brazen eyeshadow (that little black thing in front of the soap).  I did choose some things just because they weren't foils.  I'm curious to see how my options change for next month.

20140320_144039.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I subscribed using the RueLaLa three month deal.  I picked a 2oz Amlactin, a spa mask, carrot soap, Michael Todd foils, furless forehead wrinkle stickers (so ridiculous! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), and a Brazen eyeshadow (that little black thing in front of the soap).  I did choose some things just because they weren't foils.  I'm curious to see how my options change for next month.

20140320_144039.jpg

They have amazingly wonderful customer service, from what I remember. If you're unhappy with your options next month, try e-mailing them and letting them know .Sometimes they can help adjust what shows up in your choices. Just tell them you prefer non-foil packets if that's a problem in the future and ask if there's a way they can help you see less of them. That has worked for me in the past :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just received my first box and this is what I selected :   AMLACTIN

Moisturizing Body Lotion

BIKINI SOFT
Smooth Shave Oil

https://beautyarmy.com/bikini-soft-smooth-shave-oil-citrus-bliss
AGAVE
Healing Oil

https://beautyarmy.com/agave-oil-treatment-4oz

BEFINE
Warming Clay Mask

https://beautyarmy.com/befine-warming-clay-mask
PHYTO 5
Jojoba Shea Butter Cream

https://beautyarmy.com/phyto-5-jojoba-cream
EMBELLEZE
Novex Brazilian Keratin

https://beautyarmy.com/novex-brazilian-keratin     The sizes aren't bad overall so my initial impression is cautious optimism. Hopefully some of these things turn out to be good products. The reviews for some of them are very positive.

Does anyone still have the code for the RueLaLa three month deal? I tried to look on the website but didn't see it there anymore. ETA: I was doing the quiz thing and I ended up getting these
296p3rs.jpg

Latest posts

Back