Cakey

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

New to this forum ..

I just wanted some advice. I love the idea of mineral make up, and I have spent quite a lot over the past couple of years. However, I never seem to get it right. I always end up with a cakey look in the corner of my nose. I don't over apply and do not layer. I keep reverting back to foundation.

What product works best??

I am dark haired with olive compexion.

Thanks! xx

it could be that that part of your face is more dry... be sure to exfoliate that area...because products will stick to that and look cakey...your face need to be smooth for the best application. dry patches can ruin a flawless face

When your make up becomes cakey in some part, I must say that it is drier on that area and a good moisturizer is what you need.  Your skin must be well hydrated so part of our skin hydration is not only the stuff we apply superficially but good skin is come from within. 

I think it depends on the formulation too. Bare minerals looks patchey on me, but others love it.

I use LA Minerals and apply it with a flat top kabuki. The flat top helps spread it out best I think.

Latest posts

Back