Flawless Winter Foundation Routine for Dry Skin ♡♡

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
0.jpg

Hi guys! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Here is my quick and simple makeup tutorial, "Flawless Winter Foundation for Dry Skin". Having dry skin myself, I understand the harsh effects Winter weather can have, especially on those with dry skin. This is what I do when I want to add the optimal moisture level into my skin so that my makeup can still be looking flawless all year round. I hope this helped everyone who came across this video, and that even those with oily skin or combination can find something out of this. Believe it or not, to those with oily skin, it can actually be beneficial to apply oil to your skin as a moisturizer as well before your sleep. 

xx Rachel  â™¡ ♡
--------------------------------------------------------------------
♡Products Used:
Cure Natural Aqua Gel
Now 100% pure moisturizing Almond Oil
Aquamoist Whitening Milk by JuJu Cosmetics
Stila Hydrating Primer
Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream
Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream
Elf Powder Brush
Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer
Bubbi HD flawless brush 
Lioele Be My Skin Powder Pact- Blooming Ivory
Bubbi Powder Brush
Lioele Auto Eyebrown Pen- Dark Brown
Elf Contouring Blush & bronzing Powder
Sedona Lace Dome Contour Brush FB 05
Stila Convertible Color Cream Blush- Gerbera
Elf Blush- Mellow Mauve
Lip Vitamins Lip Balm

For those with dry skin, let me know what products you use to help combat your dry skin when applying makeup!

I would love to know about more products that help, thank you xx 

~Rachel

I have dry skin that gets worse in the winter. After years of trial and error this is what works for me:

I keep my skin hydrated in the winter by using cream based cleansers ( I usually follow with a hydrating toner because cream cleansers don't generally remove makeup as well as other cleansers). Then I apply a serum or argan oil. I do this lightly and let the serum or oil absorb well. Then I top with a heavier night cream. I'm currently using a sample of Burt's Bees hydration night cream which is very heavy. I've also used a Lancome night cream this winter which I loved. In the morning I apply a lighter face cream and let it absorb before I apply a primer and foundation. I'm using a Lancome cream right now (using up some creams I received in a GWP) and before that I was using a Juice Beauty cream. I've been using lancome Teint idole foundation or Philosophy BB cream for my face product. I also exfoliate 1-2 times a week and do a hydration mask (I've used Freeman's, Kiehl's, Kate Sommerville in the past) once a week. This system has worked well for me the past few years. It only works if I do it consistently - if I skip steps a few days then my skin will start to look parched and dry patches will start to appear. I'm less concerned about particular brands than I am about the right type of product and consistent use. 

Rachel: I liked your video - I may have to check out the aqua gel - looks like a good product.

Thank you so much for sharing all of those products that you use for your dry skin, I will have to try those out and see how they work   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

I'm glad you enjoyed the video! & yes, it works really well 

xx

Masks with avocado, yogurt, honey, coconut oil, aloe vera, argan oil, lanolin, almond oil, jojoba oil, banana, grape seed oil, and many more, are beneficial for those with dry skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I stick with coconut oil, honey, avocados, and grapeseed oil. Depending on the type of mask I need or the mood I am in, I will almost always go back to one of these for moisturizing. Also great for hair!

Latest posts

Back