Sign in to follow this  
eastofthesun

Low-Buy or No-Buy Tools to Use!

Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd put a list of tools you can use to help motivate you to keep to your spending goals.

And please, add your own as well! The more tools we have in our toolkit, the better job we can do on our goals. :)

The Basics:

You don't really need a bunch of tools if you know what is 'coming in' and what is 'going out', going out being your savings. A simple budget can help, and you don't even really need to give yourself a budget if you just write down the following:

1. How much $ you make in a month (or you can do it by week, or by year)

2. How much $ you are spending (either total, or by category)

3. How much do you have left in your account, and what do you do with it ? (For instance, just because you don't spend all the money in your account doesn't mean you save it. You could accidentally be spending that leftover without ever knowing it unless you keep it separate from your account by moving it into a savings account, and don't touch it!

Now, for the more detailed tools:

1. Use an online financial tracking device, such as Mint.com to help you keep track of all your accounts with only one website.

2. If you are in debt or use credit, use CreditKarma.com to keep track of your credit score. And you can check your report once annually for free at annualcreditreport.com.

3. It's never too early to start saving for retirement, and to help motivate you to save money (don't get disheartened, it all adds up over decades) use this tool to see how much you'll want to save for retirement every month: http://money.msn.com/retirement/retirement-calculator.aspx There are tons out there, you can search for one you want- just search 'retirement calculator' and you can find tons.

4. I just found this funny 'demotivator' for non-essentials we spend frequently on. You can enter what it is (such as make-up), how much you pay, and how often you  normally pay for it, and it'll help you realize it's a lot more as it adds up over the years! http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/demotivator/?spenddesc=makeup&x=233&y=33

I'll add more later!

• Like 1

1. Playing with/organizing my makeup stash helps me constantly see how much I have. 2. On youtube, watching makeup tutorials rather than hauls or collection videos helps - focusing on the application rather than the purchasing. 3. Looking at my student loan balances, lol!

• Like 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen283 View Post

1. Playing with/organizing my makeup stash helps me constantly see how much I have.

2. On youtube, watching makeup tutorials rather than hauls or collection videos helps - focusing on the application rather than the purchasing.

3. Looking at my student loan balances, lol!

Number 3 is definitely a good one! Oh my!

I like the idea of focusing on the application and skills- it still allows you to focus on your hobby, but without the emphasis on spending.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• A logo is much more than just an image; it is a point of recognition for clients and an important foundation for the branding of your company. A well-designed logo is an easy way to convey to potential customers that your business is professional, trustworthy, and provides quality goods or services. Also good marketing tools go to offer, work for any company.
    • Double Headed Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil With Miss Stamp Seal About the item Twofold headed Design - One side is eyeliner pencil, one side is winged eyeliner stamp. This enables you to get free mess and make one buy since you needn't bother with a muddled brush, pencil and ink enabling you to finish feline wing eye cosmetics with one device. Structure for Saving Time - This seal is intended for fledglings and office laborers making it simple to apply so you can look your most prominent in short order! It is the ideal fit in your tote or purse to go anyplace at whenever. Starter Eyeliner Makeup Tool - This seal is intended for apprentices and office laborers making it simple to apply with the goal that you can look your most noteworthy like a flash! Compact for you to convey anyplace. Waterproof and Smudge-confirmation - Our extraordinary cosmetics detailing dries rapidly to hold solid! You can be certain that you won't have panda eyes since you can party throughout the night, even swim or sweat, without running mascara. Utilize your preferred eye cosmetics remover or facial purging oil to effortlessly expel your eyeliner. High caliber - Eyeliner Liquid Contains a variety of natural plant ingredients, its essence is soft and moist anti sweat water balance, Adopt natural ingredients, do not worry about the eye infection.. Buy Now : https://www.ziloshop.com/collections/cosmetics-makeup/products/double-headed-waterproof-eyeliner-pencil-with-miss-stamp-seal?variant=29593647579196
    • EMS Wonder Booty -BUTT LIFTING STIMULATOR Are you searching for a simple method to make your booty bigger?? This EMS Hip Trainer makes it too easy to tone up your butt. This toner is a physical exercise test system that upgrades and tones your muscle, explicitly in the hips backside and hips. You don't need to be in the exercise center or dynamic to manufacture, shape and fortify your butt muscles. 🔥Not sold in stores - online exclusive! ⚡️Limited stock available - get yours today! The test system utilizes progressive EMS innovation (Electric Muscle Stimulating) and pushes bio-flows to give willful compressions. Every one of these waves pushed into your hips and butts help train your muscles. This trigger is extraordinary for anybody hoping to shape their butt or hips and even makes an incredible present for somebody.  Features: Self-training, free from side effects, easy operation and amazing results Total 15 of stimulation levels, adjustable by "+" and "-" buttons. It shuts off automatically 5 seconds after it is detached from the body, great for battery preservation. Easily assembly with two press buckles on the controller. Great for shaping buttocks, firming loose skin, reduce cellulite, enhance muscle building, relieve muscle soreness and stiffness. How to Use:  Remove any excess oil on the skin. Clip the main unit on the pad before turning it on. Paste the EMS into the desired area. Avoid touching the adhesive parts too much for long-term use.  Press the on/off button via the remote control or the box to switch on the main unit. The device automatically started at level 1 at lowest power. To adjust the intensity levels, press the (+) button to increase or the (-) button to decrease.  Change the mode by pressing the M key green color for massage and blue for training.   Notes: Never use this unit near the ear, around the mouth or on sensitive skin Do not use this unit while sleeping, driving or taking a bathing Do not use if you are pregnant, have any implant near the device, have cardiac arrhythmia or disorder of the heart's impulse and conduction system Do not include batteries.   Specification:  - PU Material  - Ergonomic pads  - Lightweight  - Portable  - 15 Levels of Intensity  - Power Supply: 2 x AAA Battery 1.5V  - Output: Max. 9.8mA  - Frequency: 1-100Hz  - Size: 260 x 188 x 12.8mm Buy Now : https://www.ziloshop.com/collections/fitness-sports/products/ems-wonder-booty-butt-lifting-stimulator
    • thnx a lot for the review!
    • You all this is only 30 dollars I bought 3. It comes with brushes, mirrors and hundreds of different colors here is the link😀😀😀 https://amzn.to/2KFup5n

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook