So frustrated with primer options!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies (& gents!)

I am so over trying to find a great primer for underneath my Kat Von D Lock It foundation. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

I'm currently using Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Pro, but it's not lasting the whole day. I tend to get pretty oily in my t-zone, plus I have found that it really accentuates my pores which obviously is not what I'm going for lol. 

I have also tried Hard Candy's Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer, which is okay...but it has a ton of silicone in it and I feel like my makeup just sort of slides off throughout the day. 

Another one I have tried is Neutrogena's Shine Control Primer, but that stuff was so drying to my skin that my makeup almost looked spackled on. 

The main thing I would like it to do is fill in my pores, and not look like oil was splashed across my face during the middle of the day. I just wish it would look like how it looks when I first apply my foundation, when it almost looks porcelain and clear. I am totally okay with touch-ups during the day! Any help would be appreciated. 

try too faced primed and poreless or benefits porefessional... butt deff get samples to see if you like them cause they are like $30 each

I do not like Bare Mineral's in general, but I LOVE their "Prime Time" primer.

2nd is Smashbox for sure. Sometime my skin will be red so I use Smashbox's green primer. I love the silicone texture!

It's so funny, Prime Time used to be my HG but I had to return the last bottle because it destroyed my skin! I don't know what went wrong! Personally I loved Lorac Aquaprime but it is discontinued and I have not found anything comparable :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use the Sephora brand perfecting primer and I love it! they have I believe 4 different ones to choose from. Luminous, silk-free, perfecting,and anti-shine. I liked it waay better than MAC's prep and prime. 

Nurturing Force Blot Out is the most amazing primer out there, but not many people seem to be aware of it. It's not silicone based, unlike the vast majority of the primers currently on the market. It's aloe vera based, fragrance free, and feels like a water-based gel when applied. It reduces the appearance of pores & really controls oil. It can be applied under foundation, as well as patted over top. You can actually use it to blot oil, rather than powder. It looks white in the container, but it totally disappears on the skin. The great thing is, it really extends the wear of foundation of all types & controls oil like nothing else I've tried, and it can double as an eye primer for those with super oily lids who are really prone to having their eye products crease & smudge. It also doesn't cause breakouts, unlike so many silicone primers. I heard about it from a makeup artist who does a lot of work with musicians & other live performers who tend to sweat a lot & get quite oily on stage. I've found it being sold online at Camera Ready Cosmetics & Paints & Powders for around $25.

I just discovered another product I'd never even heard mentioned before, although it's not the cheapest out there. But it is silicone free. Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. You can supposedly use it under or over makeup, but I much prefer it under. It applies completely clear & most definitely does minimize the appearance of pores. I was quite surprised by it because, as a rule, I'm not a big fan of Becca products due to their ingredients which I personally consider to be substandard. I still prefer Nurturing Force Blot Out overall, though. It applies spectacularly over foundation or under it without disrupting its application & it's ingredients are far superior. It's also significantly less expensive than this Becca product, but the Becca primer still might be another rare silicone-free option some people prefer. Unfortunately, there are very few silicone-free primers on the market for those who don't like silicones or whose skin can't tolerate them.

Latest posts

Back