Do You Wear Makeup When You're Just Staying home or Only When you Go out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just curious because I see a lot of posters saying they didn't wear makeup on a certain day because they stayed home all day.  I love playing with my makeup.  Even if I'm not going anywhere I love to put on my face. It perks me up and just makes me happy. I was wondering if anyone else does this or maybe I'm just weird? Lol

THere are very few day that I don't, even if I don't have plans to go out I don't want not being ready to stop me. 

When I'm at home, i don't wear any makeup at all. Its mostly because I'm usually in bed or on the laptop. 

When I go out, it depends. For school, majority of the time (~99%) I would wear makeup (the missing 1% is when I'm running extra late LOL). If I'm going to have lunch/dinner/out/party/etc with friends and such, then makeup also. But if I'm just going to their house to chill and stay in, then no makeup. I guess I wear makeup when I'll be seeing people in general (minus my friends cause they seen the worst of me).

I try to let my skin take a breather once a week or so.

I work 5 days a week and wear makeup for work every single day (and I need to highlight that my makeups is not simple stuff that takes 10 minutes)

So you may understand that when my days off come.... I am totally looking forward to take everything off and finally let my skin breathe...

If I am going for a night out surely I'll wear makeup... but if I am at home or going for a walk or going for shopping and not planning to meet anybody, then it's a definite no, I won't and I have no intentions to wear any makeup...

I love makeup and playing with it, but I'll wait the occasion of a night out or work to do that...

I guess I am a person that needs to take a break from things.... If I don't do that I would get sick of it...

I've never been one to wear make-up at home, and if I have make-up on when I get into the house it typically comes right off so I can wash my face! If I am just running errands or am only going to one class for the day, I usually do a really simple make-up look with lighter face products. I only wear a full face if I'm going out all day/night or if I'm just really excited to try some new products. For work I try to do whatever I have time for, lol, so it usually ends up being somewhere between a full face and a simple look. I try not to irritate my skin and I want to give it some time to breathe so there are also a lot of days wear I try not to wear any make-up at all or I just wear mascara and tinted moisturizer or something.

Same with hair. I have a pixie cut, so if I go out of the house it needs to be washed, blow-dried and styled or it looks crazy... but when I'm at home I try to hold off on washing it and styling it because it tends to be quite dry. What about you all - do you wash and style your hair everyday?

I definitely get giving your skin a break. My teen daughter is like that...if she's just bumming around the house she doesn't bother with m/u & lets her skin breathe. I think partly for me is I have a lot of redness on my face and just hate seeing it. I'm also older (40 yrs old) & makeup just makes me feel better about my appearance. Up until a little over a yr ago I wasn't that into makeup and didn't own much. I always wore foundation eyeliner & mascara. That's it and often went without makeup if I wasn't working. I guess I'm a late bloomer and just having fun with makeup now.

Quote: Originally Posted by emwdz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same with hair. I have a pixie cut, so if I go out of the house it needs to be washed, blow-dried and styled or it looks crazy... but when I'm at home I try to hold off on washing it and styling it because it tends to be quite dry. What about you all - do you wash and style your hair everyday?

i have thick rich black asian hair. i never style it. LOL (do ponytails count as styling?) i just brush it, then air dry. while it's drying, it looks crazy! like puffy and frizzy and wavy for some reason...but when it's completely dry, it looks straight, shiny, and tamed. i don't even own a blow-drier. i do wash my hair everyday as much as possible! for some reason, i feel all icky if i don't... even in the winter. 

I used to never wear makeup unless I was going somewhere, but now I've gotten in the habit of at least wearing eyeliner and mascara around the house since it seems like someone is always just dropping by (thankfully my skin looks pretty good so I don't need to wear foundation or I'd probably just say forget it and go without anything.) For work/going out shopping/somewhere I tend to wear more makeup, but I'd still say it's pretty minimal. 

I don't wear makeup if I'm not going out. And going to the grocery doesn't count. My skin needs some clean days to stay looking its best.

I do wear it at home most of the time except the occasional Sunday.  I just feel a little bit more presentable with it.  I am very fair with blonde hair and short eyelashes, so without mascara my eyes just disappear!  I also love lip products so I always have something on my lips.

Quote: Originally Posted by emwdz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am lucky enough to have very long hair (beyond half my back), it's not either curly or very straight, it doesn't make much of a sense, a bit wavy, a bit straight... but if I dont style it, it doesn't look like I have just escaped from a mental institution though, so I can get away with it.

So sometimes if I am on a terribly lazy mood I'll just turn on the air dryer, dry it up, put on some serum or whatever and that's it, done.

But that's not my favourite option of course, I always try to look my best or at least put a minimum effort, so I'll try to style it most of the times.

Considering that I wash my hair rigorously twice a week, I'll style it properly probably at least once.

It's not just about laziness by the way. If I can spare my hair some dangerous heat from straighteners and curlers I'll happily do it. It's bad to put it under that stress after every single wash.

I sometimes wear makeup at home on days when I think I'm not going anywhere, because normally I get random requests from my handicapped dad to run errands for him (not that I mind, I'm just referring to the spontaneity of the excursions). If I'm going out it depends on where I'm going; grocery store, Wally World? No makeup. Mall, shopping? Makeup!

Hey guys! Good question, and I'm very interested in all the different responses.

For me, I really like makeup, but I don't wear it that often.

On the weekends- I don't wear makeup unless I'm going out and will see people I know.

For example, I only wear makeup on the weekends in these situations:

1. Meeting friends

2. Going to dinner

3. Going to an event

(I don't wear it if I'm running errands, like grocery shopping).

On the weekdays, I still don't wear makeup all that often. I maybe wear concealer every day, and maybe 1/3 of the week I'll wear all my makeup (foundation, mascara, brows, blush, lips).

I don't wear it all the time because I'm 1. kind of lazy and 2. I like to let my skin have a break without so much gunk on it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wear makeup everyday even if I have no plans to go out. I use it as an excuse to try a new look and see if I like it. I don't have time to experiment before school in case there is an off chance I don't like the look and then have to take it off and redo it.

I love weekends and NO makeup... I have an office job during the week and have to wear something. Given all this... the weekends are the only time I can play with crazy colors... yet I don't wear anything on weekends... which means I don't use my fancy eye colors...why am I buying this stuff? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There's never really a day that I don't wear makeup, BUT I do wash it off right when I get home after my work day. Usually during the week I will keep it pretty minimal, but I always wear foundation, a neutral eye shadow, mascara, and blush. On the weekends or if I'm going out, I will do lashes, bronzer, lips, etc. in addition to my normal routine. I've never really "let my skin breathe" and have never had bad breakouts or felt like my skin was dirty. 

If I'm not going to leave the house, I usually don't even shower until the end of the day. I have too many other things to do.

Latest posts

Back