Natural Skin Care Tips This Winter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Hope you guys are staying warm out there! I am on the east coast, so I am pretty much over this winter... and so is my skin! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anyways I am curious to know about everyone's skin care routine this winter - would like to bounce ideas as I am always interested in other beauty routines. "Pretty is what you are. Beauty is what you do with it." -bareMinerals Mod Edit - Please no links to personal channels or blogs, as per our Terms of Service. Also blog sharing is only allowed in the Beauty Blogger forum. Thank You - Mod Staff

This is my updated Skin Care routine! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope this helps!

A.M.

-Cleanse with Simple Skin Care Refreshing Gel Cleanser

-Take a mixture of 2-3 drops of oil of oregano in about 2.5-3 oz of water and wipe entire face with a soaked cotton pad

(I just keep a little bottle mixed up in my cabinet, do some research on it before you try it, you can very easily burn your face if you make the mixture too strong. I stopped using it about a week ago because I thought it wasn't doing much, and my acne increased a lot, so I do think it has been helping!)

-Apply a nickel size amount of the Alpha Hydrox 10% Glycolic Treatment

-For moisturizer, I have been applying a mix of the Simple Skin Care Replenishing Rich Moisturizer, and Burt's Bees Intense Hydration moisturizer, however if you don't have super dry skin like I do, just the Simple Moisturizer would be plenty. I am hoping if I can get clear, I will be able to use just the Simple one, since my dry spots are mainly wherever I have breakouts.

P.M. 

I do a double cleanse at night, since I wear full coverage makeup.

-First cleanse is with Burt's Bees Sensitive Cream Cleanser

-Second Cleanse is with the Simple Gel face wash

Everything else from there is the same as my morning routine.

Thanks for sharing your routine! Oil of oregano is quite different, I will have to really check that out because now I'm curious! Do you exfoliate at all? I also use the Simple moisturizer that you do, looks like we both have super dry skin. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love that moisturizer, keeps my face really hydrated throughout the day... Sometimes I will take just a pinch of coconut oil and less Simple moisturizer if I'm looking to be really hydrated. It also helps with saving my product and last longer. Have you tried the Simple makeup wipes, I also use coconut oil to remove makeup but if I'm on the go I will def use those wipes. "Pretty is what you are. Beauty is what you do with it." -bareMinerals

Nearly everytime I manually exfoliate I'll get a really bad breakout. I've found that since I have started using the glycolic acid treatment, I haven't really felt the need to. Yes, i love their makeup removing wipes! About a month or so ago I tried removing makeup and moisturizing with organic unrefined coconut oil, and at first I was like hey, this might work, but then my face started breaking out horribly! I tried sticking with it because I read a lot about the detox phase, but after 2 weeks I couldn't take it anymore. Definitely check out the Oil of Oregano. I picked up a bottle of it at my local health food store for pretty cheap. I take a 3 oz travel bottle and put 2-3 drops of the oil in and then fill the rest up with water. It does burn when you put it on, but it shouldn't be unbearable. I have had it be pretty painful a couple of times, and it was always when I tried to make a stronger mix. It is some potent stuff. It does make my face pretty red, so if you don't plan on wearing makeup, you would probably want to just apply it at night. 

I've found that keeping it simple has really saved my bacon this winter.

A.M.:

Simple splash of cold(ish) water to wake me up

Acne.org moisturizer

Oil of Olay sunscreen for sensitive skin

makeup

P.M.:

OCM (grapeseed oil, that's it) wiped off with a hot, damp towel (no extra steaming unless I feel like it)

Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner to bring my pH level back down

Acne.org moisturizer

Roc night cream on my orbital bone and nasolabial folds (looking for an alternative retinol though)

Body:

Shea Moisture Olive & Green Tea body wash

DIY grapeseed oil and brown sugar scrub (once a week)

DIY whipped coconut oil and shea butter (best after a shower)

Nice thank you for sharing!

I love grapeseed oil, it's so light but I have not had the best of look with putting it on my face by itself. I can put it on the body or hair without any problems. For my face, I stick with coconut oil and it works wonders.

Yeah, my skin loves grapeseed oil, both as a cleanser and as a moisturizer. I throw it into everything I can think of. But how interesting that coconut oil works for your face! I can get away with it on my body, but my face has no tolerance for it. That's the nice thing about oil, there's one for everybody. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back