lip treatment? :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I work in an industrial environment where I'm in extreme conditions for 10-12 hours at a time. This environment has taken a toll on my poor lips. They're staying dry and cracked no matter how much Carmex and lip balm I use. Someone suggested to me that I should invest in a good lip treatment to make my lips brand new. Any suggestions on which ones to try?

I wouldn't use it during the day... but the new Bite Beauty Lip mask is really a great treatment at night.

It's super thick so you can't really layer it. It tastes great too!

edit: no blog links, per TOS -kawaiimeows

I use lypsyl and love it. Its super moisturizing on my super dry, chap, peeling lip. And its inexpensive. .around 2 bucks. Carmex dries out my lips.

I like all about lips by Clinique (just got a new one today) but it seems by reviews that people either see big difference or none.

Another thing that I love is coconut oil and lemon peel oil. It is a great natural treatment for lips.

Peacemaker lip balm. It's 93% organic, if that's important to you and not only keeps my lips in perfect condition, but also heals any issue I might have if I happen to forget to apply it - such as splits in my lips or corners of my mouth when the weather or other environment is really harsh. I apply it fairly heavily at night & my lips are like a baby's bum the next day. I also always keep a tube in my pocket or bag for use throughout the day when I'm not wearing makeup. It's free of mineral oil, silicones, paraffin & petrolatum. You can buy it online from their website for $8.00 and it comes in many different 'flavors'. You get about 7 grams of product for that price.

I also have extremelly dry lips and the only one that Works for me is the Dr Bronners Organic Lip Balm! It is natural but strangely it Works better than the non - organic brands! I prefer the naked (fragrance free).  it's better to avoid fragrance even if it comes from essential oils because they make things worse! Avoid peppermint! I have learnt this the hard way! The lip balm doesnt leave any strange residue that some thicker formulas do! 

I'm definitely going to have to give some of these a try. I have just come to realize a hidden obsession with lipstick, and my lips are being difficult! lol.

The only lip treatment I will use anymore is Sara happ lip scrub & lip slip. I works so well and the lip scrubs smell so amazing you want to eat them lol. LOVE!!

Back