Baking soda

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have heard that baking soda will help if your body is too acidic.  Does anyone else take baking soda daily and if so how much?  Can you take it if you have high blood pressure?

Will someone please help me answer this?  I have heard it is good but also worry about the high blood pressure part.

Do not think it is wise to do this at home. I know of an article by semmelweiss.de/  pdf format   you could find it on google and read it , it is a bit of a read.

One thing it mentions near the end of article is the baking soda bath which is an external method of de-acidification.

A baking soda bath is reasonably safe.Drink plenty of water after the bath.  After having the bath go rest for at least half hour or preferably go to sleep.

For internal go see a medical dr for advice on this.A normal healthy body maintains its balance in this. Do not ingest things because of the chances of ruining your kidneys liver etc.

Baking soda is sometimes used in very tiny small amounts for indigestion and in baking recipes.. People with high blood pressure should not use it. 

What makes you think your body is too acidic? If you're guessing after reading something about it on the internet, I'd highly suggest you go see a reputable naturopathic doctor FIRST and discuss your concerns with them. Going to a regular doctor who knows little to nothing about this stuff won't be of any help. They are prone to telling you 'there's no such thing', patting you on the head like a crazy person & sending you on your way. That being said, put as much care into choosing a naturopathic doctor as you would choosing a regular doctor. I was rendered partially paralyzed by a so-called 'medical doctor' because of his carelessness in prescribing medications and left unable to walk for over two years, told by a neurologist that I'd be very unlikely to ever walk again. I've also been told complete bullsh1t by equally careless naturopathic doctors. There are terrible & great doctors in both fields. Never trust your healthcare to the first person you run across. Stupid people - and not only doctors FYI - kill. Formal education, no matter how prestigious the degree, is no guarantee that a person isn't a mental midget. I've been using herbs/natural medicine all my life, and have always opted to have my children treated non-pharmaceutically whenever safely possible, but I'm also aware that even the wrong dosage of herbs can have serious effects on the body. Baking soda baths may be the route you want to go until you find a reputable naturopath, as the person above suggested. I don't personally agree, however, that the body regulates itself. Especially with the amounts of pesticides, hormones, VOCs and other such garbage we ingest on a daily basis. If that was the case, we'd never wind up with diseases like cancer, where the body has gone completely wonky & begins growing deadly tumors. Our bodies often need help, as do we, but finding the right assistance is incredibly important.

Hi Angie,

I don't think baking soda can be that awesome.

You can google it for more info.

Latest posts

Back