What make-up brands does your mom use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mother is long gone, but I rnember her makeup clearly--Ponds Angel Face pressed powder, a scarlet Revlon lipstick, and those short red Maybelline brow and liner pencils. That was for everyday; she had Avon that she used on Sundays, holidays, and rare evenings out. I ended up using Angel Face into the 90's until it was discontinued; and where I grew up no one was without the Maybelline pencils, which we held a few seconds in a lighter flame to make a smoother and heavier line.

Maybelline Fit Me liquid foundation, Palladio liquid eyeliner (midnight blue), Rimmel eyeliner (ocean blue?), and Maybelline Colossal mascara.

My mom's a drugstore makeup kind of gal. She uses mostly Rimmel, and Almay. xD
I'll end up giving her products that didn't work for me, and she'll never use anything unless it's hers!

Mainly Estee Lauder, some MAC, although that might have changed. I'm not 100% sure because I haven't talked to her in years.

When I was younger, I remember that my mom use lots of AVON and Max Factor. Also, Revlon I think. now, i pretty much supply her with makeup! i have way too much and she ends up loving the things i give her <3

I always got the impression that Estee Lauder was her "nice" makeup for certain occasions. I think she now generally uses Cover Girl for her powders  and blushes. I think the lipsticks are all either Revlon or Estee Lauder.

She's not really a makeup person and mostly uses it because it's something you do. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with my grandmother who was heavy into fashion and makeup and my mother ending up on the opposite end. She does get very excited about makeup for me and is the worst kind of enabler when we shop together. I swear I always walk out having spent way more at Sephora than I ever intend to simply because she is at my elbow encouraging me all the way. 

My mum is not a "makeup fan" at all, she has been using just drugstore products since ever (L'Oreal, Maybelline, etc), she doesn't even wear foundation (I know there are some other people too that regurlarly don't, it's just absurd to me cos I would die without), her makeup is: concealer, blush, mascara and lipstick (for special occasion a black khol on the waterline, lol)

I can tell for sure that there is a "high end" product that she is never without: Dior n.999, bright red!

Whatever stuff I pass my mum she uses. She has MAC (her MAC make up are from me), some dior stuff,  and some japanese brand makeup

My mom and my grandma have always (and forever) used Clinique. -matte 10 pressed powder -raspberry glacé lipstick -black/brown quick liner -whatever GWP mascara they send out. If it's a fancy night then whatever GWP (probably neutral) shadow and a little blush. Oh and of course, the dramatically different super yellow moisturizer! That's all my mom uses and owns in terms of make up. Since she wears it daily, she cleans out pans and gets lipsticks down to the plastic nub.

Clinique, though I recently introduced her to mac and urban decay lol which she now really loves.

My grandmother is deceased, but she was a huge fan of Elizabeth Arden and Chanel.

My mother is a huge L'Oreal fan, but has some things from an array of makeup and skincare brands such as Lancôme, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Maybelline, CoverGirl, and Philosophy.

lol.. my mom uses covergirl, rimmel...drugstore stuff mainly butt I always like to gift her high end makeup..sooo urban decay, bare minerals

L'oreal and Maybelline and Revlon Those red Maybelline liner sticks. She always has lined her lips in the brown color and then used a red or orangey shade on top. She also uses Mally eye products and loves them. Josie Maran Argan Oil

My Mom buys her makeup from department stores, and normally goes for Clinique. But she's kind of switched to MAC as of late- she still gets both, but usually sticks with skincare from Clinique and makeup from MAC.

She's in her 60s, if that matters. She's so sweet! We just recently got a MAC makeover together, with my sister as well!

The only time I've ever seen my mom wear makeup was right after she started selling Avon. She thought she'd try it out so she could better describe the products to her customers. I think she had one pale silver cream eyeshadow stick, plain black mascara, sheer pink lipgloss and pale pink nailpolish. She got tired of it after about two weeks and then I became her guinea pig with all the new products lol.

My mom's always been an all-natural girl. I don't think she even wore makeup on her wedding day.

I can remember my mom wearing lots of Avon when I was younger.  She still wears a lot of Avon but now swears by Lancome foundations.  I also bought her an Urban Decay 24/7 liner a couple years back and I think those are the only liners she wears now.  And it's not makeup, but I remember she wore Chanel No. 5 on special occasions.  Every time I smell it, I think of her.

Latest posts

Back