RenoFab

BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxysurfajk View Post

People are talking about taxes but I was just charged 10 so what's this about?

I believe it depends on the state you live in. 

Just checked the birchbox app and my box shipped! It says that it is shipping from a warehouse in PA this month, and I live in PA, but somehow I have a feeling it will make a trip around the country until it gets to me later this week lol

Bah!! Reactivated my second sub. I must have that mini cheeky/lippie!! Several people have griped about the Gilchrist & Soames products but I tried the lotion last night and it's surprisingly silky and fresh smelling. Give it a try. You might be surprised. :)

• Like 2

So tempted to reactivate my third sub.. but I'll wait until the morning to see what's in my boxes. There are just so many things I'd love to get this month! :)

So first time posting here! So i cancelled last month(i was sad) but i resigned up this month before seeing the extras you can get. So i decided to email birch and see if they could add the sample to my box and they answered today that they will yay! Im really happy now ha

Ahhhh I am excited for my subs to start coming in this month...it feels like it's been forever already! Is it weird that I hope I get the toothpaste? 
I want that the most! I loved getting the Marvis before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamflame View Post

So first time posting here! So i cancelled last month(i was sad) but i resigned up this month before seeing the extras you can get. So i decided to email birch and see if they could add the sample to my box and they answered today that they will yay! Im really happy now ha

Ah, Birchbox has the best CS! :) Hopefully you get a good box this month. 

Also, welcome!

Tomorrow can't come fast enough! I'm so impatient to see what I'm getting in my two boxes! XD May or may not be tempted to open a third sub...

Ooh, I had crossed all Beauty Protector spray boxes off my potential box list because I have received it three times in various boxes -- but I just went back and checked the account I have kept open, and I have *not* received it on that one!  I love that stuff, so I'm crossing my fingers that if I don't get the green eyeliner or theBalm cheek/lip color, I get more BP spray.  I've been subscribing almost three years, and I'm a bit amazed at how many boxes are still on my I-could-get-that-box list and how few I can cross off due to duplicate samples.  I've gone through twenty, and I think the only ones that would have a duplicate items would be the Vasanti boxes.  I'm going to give up going through them now to try to narrow things down because there are a *lot* of possibilities out there for me.

(I wonder whether we'll be seeing more Pop products showing up in Birchboxes over the next few months after the ipsy lipgloss disaster.  I can't believe they're basically telling people who complained about bad products to trust them because they reallyreally promise the rest of the products are awesome!  It seems entirely possible that bridges have been burned with the subscription box community at this point.)

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Ooh, I had crossed all Beauty Protector spray boxes off my potential box list because I have received it three times in various boxes -- but I just went back and checked the account I have kept open, and I have *not* received it on that one!  I love that stuff, so I'm crossing my fingers that if I don't get the green eyeliner or theBalm cheek/lip color, I get more BP spray.  I've been subscribing almost three years, and I'm a bit amazed at how many boxes are still on my I-could-get-that-box list and how few I can cross off due to duplicate samples.  I've gone through twenty, and I think the only ones that would have a duplicate items would be the Vasanti boxes.  I'm going to give up going through them now to try to narrow things down because there are a *lot* of possibilities out there for me.

(I wonder whether we'll be seeing more Pop products showing up in Birchboxes over the next few months after the ipsy lipgloss disaster.  I can't believe they're basically telling people who complained about bad products to trust them because they reallyreally promise the rest of the products are awesome!  It seems entirely possible that bridges have been burned with the subscription box community at this point.)

Agreed. I would never use another product of theirs ever again, the way they treated ipsy customers after that is awful. They really need to take note from Befine on how to handle a subscription disaster.

• Like 1

Ooh, I had crossed all Beauty Protector spray boxes off my potential box list because I have received it three times in various boxes -- but I just went back and checked the account I have kept open, and I have *not* received it on that one!  I love that stuff, so I'm crossing my fingers that if I don't get the green eyeliner or theBalm cheek/lip color, I get more BP spray.  I've been subscribing almost three years, and I'm a bit amazed at how many boxes are still on my I-could-get-that-box list and how few I can cross off due to duplicate samples.  I've gone through twenty, and I think the only ones that would have a duplicate items would be the Vasanti boxes.  I'm going to give up going through them now to try to narrow things down because there are a *lot* of possibilities out there for me. (I wonder whether we'll be seeing more Pop products showing up in Birchboxes over the next few months after the ipsy lipgloss disaster.  I can't believe they're basically telling people who complained about bad products to trust them because they reallyreally promise the rest of the products are awesome!  It seems entirely possible that bridges have been burned with the subscription box community at this point.)
I don't mind getting duplicates too much, the "sorry" bonus points are quite a perk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrookeb View Post

Bah!! Reactivated my second sub. I must have that mini cheeky/lippie!!

Several people have griped about the Gilchrist & Soames products but I tried the lotion last night and it's surprisingly silky and fresh smelling. Give it a try. You might be surprised. smile.gif

6.gif I am allergic to most creams and lotions, but the Gilchrist and Soames lotion I just got in my box is wonderful!  Normally I have redness and bumps from a new lotion in minutes--I tested the product yesterday and had no problems, and used it again today!  No need to dig into my reserves of drugs to quickly combat the reaction!  Yea!  Give it a shot ladies, it is not like motel 6 lotion, it is the lotion that is used in high end hotels because it is nice and hypoallergenic. :icon_chee

• Like 3

i think it's so disrespectful when people spam the bbx facebook page with referral links to other subs. it just makes me feel some kinda way about that and i report each one of them as spam. (i.e. posting a referral link to ipsy on the birchbox wall, etc.)

• Like 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post

i think it's so disrespectful when people spam the bbx facebook page with referral links to other subs. it just makes me feel some kinda way about that and i report each one of them as spam. (i.e. posting a referral link to ipsy on the birchbox wall, etc.)

Ugh, same. And the funny thing is that I haven't ever really seen that happening on Ipsy's fan pages (with BB subscribers talking about how it's so much better and everything). I'm sure that happens, but it can't happen nearly as often. I am beginning to suspect what someone else on here suggested, which is that Ipsy interns purposely go trash Birchbox on their Instagram and Facebook. Either way, it's tacky as all hell.

• Like 5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

I believe it depends on the state you live in. 

I'm in Texas no state tax here.

If you live in a state that does have sales tax you only pay tax if the company is based in the same state as you.  So, I'm in CA where there is sales tax, but BB doesn't charge *me* sales tax because they're not based here.  It sounds like TN used to be in the same boat, but all of the sudden this month people in TN are getting charged sales tax.  BB must have set up a distribution center or something there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybizzy View Post

I know I probably sound like a big baby but the Vasanti is the only thing in the box I would have wished for. The tea is actually super delish, the chocolate was good too,(I've gotten tea in my last THREE boxes) but I don't have curly hair (no idea why they keep sending me items for curls??) and the coola has the smallest bit of product I have ever seen compared to the packaging, and the air repair is teeny tiny and I just don't need it. :( It's been said comparison kills joy, but this is a DEFINITE punishment box for me. Oh well, win some/lose some! :)

Have you checked out your profile to make sure you have your hair type marked?

i got me a clicky truck!!! no updated weight yet but i'm happy! OH i just realized that its the 9th and boxes update tomorrow. Oh happy day!!

• Like 4

I skimmed and maybe missed it. The Sneak Peek video is up not that we haven't already seen stuff from different places. I noticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybizzy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleylind View Post

The Vasanti is at the top of my wish list, so I'm jealous.  :)

I know I probably sound like a big baby but the Vasanti is the only thing in the box I would have wished for. The tea is actually super delish, the chocolate was good too,(I've gotten tea in my last THREE boxes) but I don't have curly hair (no idea why they keep sending me items for curls??) and the coola has the smallest bit of product I have ever seen compared to the packaging, and the air repair is teeny tiny and I just don't need it. :( It's been said comparison kills joy, but this is a DEFINITE punishment box for me. Oh well, win some/lose some! :)

I got Coola in my box (#3). I dug out the rose tinted sample I got from ipsy. I compared the "volume" and then the "package". It's crazy.

The two samples are different sizes: Birchbox (.17 FL oz) and ipsy (.23 FL oz). And the ipsy packaging was smaller. :confused:

I blogged about it because it seemed strange. My conspiracy theory is maybe Coola has discovered something about shipping their mineral sunscreen that requires more room for air. I did buy the untinted cucumber version of the BB sample. The pump dispenser rarely works right. It sputters air a lot, so I twist and squeeze it out instead.

It's amusing by adding a tint to it; they're now marketing the same product as a natural bb cream since the SPF is higher than the rose tint. They now call the rose tint product their natural cc cream.  

i have two out of three clicky trucks. i can't wait to see what will be in my boxes tomorrow :)