Foundation Help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need advice on how to make my foundation look better. It looks really patchy and I don't know what to do.

I use a Clinique moisturizer and a Rimmel 5 in 1 primer before I put my foundation on. I use Revlon Colorstay [@]SnowLeopard[/@]

What kind of night cream do you use?  You might also try using a different foundation.  I also have dry skin, and Colorstay didn't work for me at all.  It accentuated my dry patches like crazy.

Moisturize & exfoliate really well the night before. Don't cleanse too aggressively in the morning. Unless you're sleeping under a bridge, your skin isn't 'dirty' at all when you wake up. I've found morning cleansing ends with poor foundation application for me. I've stopped washing my face before applying my makeup. I always properly cleanse at night, so it's completely unnecessary. My foundation goes on best, appears really nice & lasts all day when I follow this pattern. If you've got dry skin, or even oily skin with flaking, buffing your foundation into your skin can work against you, lifting up loose skin cells, resulting in patchiness. Try stippling it on with a brush in thin layers instead, or with a sponge applicator. You can dampen your sponge with a bit of moisturizer if you prefer.

Back