Are you excited about the bright orange lip trend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently read in an Allure article that the most popular makeup trend for spring 2014 is bright orange lips. (http://www.allure.com/makeup-looks/2014/new-makeup-color-trends-for-2014#slide=1)

I also saw Lisa Eldridge do a youtube video on how to dupe one of Kiera Knightly's red carpet looks wearing an orange lip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg6GZisIOYs&list=UUFghPtzFcmyDiID1ASMA4Dg&feature=c4-overview)

I remember that last season bright corals were very popular for spring and summer. I'm not sure if an orange lip would look good on me but I plan to try it out! Maybe I'll do where the suggested lip color by Allure and get the Maybelline Color Sensational shade in Electric Orange. If I do I'll report back.

As an ex-smoker I don't exactly have bright white teeth, so even lipsticks with orange undertones for me are a nightmare, imagine a bright full orange!
icon_neutral.gif

It scares me quite a lot...

I don't think it's going to be my colour for the season, I might definitely try orange lipglosses or sheer lipsticks though...

Anyway, it appears to me that Keira's Red Carpet lipstick was more of a simple orangey red like Dangerous by Mac rather than a proper orange...

Not at allllll.I am not even slightly warm toned and orange looks terrible on me
icon_sad.gif

Hmmm... I really don't like to discourage people from trying new things, but I really don't see how orange lipstick can be flattering for anyone... Just my two cents

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! They look horrible on me and wash me out and it just doesn't look normal! Red and pink seems to flow with our skin tones and meld into my skin where as orange just sits on top of my skin and looks so artificial!!!!

I'm open to it, but I might take baby steps. I'm still a bit afraid of lipsticks, especially matte shades, so I might do this with a more pigmented lip gloss first.

I actually ended up with a very orangy red lipstick once and surprisingly I loved it on me. I wore it quite a bit too. Then again you have to be conscience of how you're doing your other makeup as well. I suggest a nude to subtle eye. Nothing too splashy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That's awesome! I love orange lips. In use got my beautiful rocket from lime crime and I'm glad to hear its in fashion for 2014. I am honestly not too thrilled about radiant orchid

I love it! I just got Kat Von Din A-Go-go and it's so cool. But it depends on your skin tone. And the hue the orange is in. Remember there are many different shades just try the one that is most flattering to you. That's why I love Sephora you and test all the pretty lipsticks.

Brown women have been wearing orange lipsticks for decades, same for the purple/orchid shades everyone is crazy about now, I have fifty million of both shades, when you go to the makeup counter and they've just run out, it's because I bought the last twenty. If it's any shade of orange or purple, I will buy it. As to orange, it's fine you just have to find the right shade and tone for your complexion and full on orange will definitely look better on those with warmer undertones, I can't imagine it would be flattering on someone who happens to be very pale though.

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! They look horrible on me and wash me out and it just doesn't look normal! Red and pink seems to flow with our skin tones and meld into my skin where as orange just sits on top of my skin and looks so artificial!!!!
Red and pink do not flow with everyone's skin tones.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm wearing Revlon's Matt Balm in Mischievous today, and I like it!  My skin tone is fair but warm, and it works.

Wow! That is gorgeous. I'm definitely going to get one of those. However, I don't think it matches the "bright orange" lip "trend" that Allure was writing about. It seems to me that that color is much more versatile and can be worn much more easily that the true orange.

Thanks for posting it, though, you just gave me a new lemming.

I wasn't talking about EVERYONE!! The question was "are you excited about the bright orang lip trend?" And I answered for me! And what looks good on me, not you or anyone else. Don't take it so personally! If you want to wear orange and look good in it, by all means wear it! I just wouldn't cause it doesn't look good on me! Is that OK?

[@]Spiritwind10[/@] Um, first of all, you need to calm down. Please. I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was merely pointing out that red and pink don't suit everyone. I'm not taking anything personally, I don't know you, so it can't be personal can it? And even if I had accused you of anything, you did say our skin tones and that's what I was responding to, look at your post.

Light pink makes me look super-pale and people ask if I'm sick. Bright pink makes my face look very red. Pink does not work for me.

Please don't get this thread deleted, guys. Let's bring the conversation back to the topic. Bright orange lipstick.

Latest posts

Back