My first ever cat eye! And a new dress :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls!  So I'm a total beginner at makeup, but as a male to female transgendered woman, I'm realizing just how important makeup is for a girl!  I decided to finally try my hand at a cat eye and I think it went alright!  It took forever and I think the angle is too flat but, I'm gonna try again soon, I really like the look!   What do you all think?  Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

P.S.  The last pic is my Taylor Swift 'pretending I'm surprised I just won an award' look :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gorgeous and better then I have been able to do... I've tried a good ten times and none were leave the bathroom worthy!

I personally think you did a great job. Even moreso as it's your first cat eye. Your entire makeup look & hair style really suit you. You look really pretty :) Try various different brushes, which can give you different results with your eyeliner. My favorite ones are a bent synthetic liner which I love for gel liners & thinner liner close to my lashes, a natural-hair lip-liner type brush which works really well with liquid liners, and a medium-stiffness, angled, natural hair brush that can also be used for brows. I'll often dip it into my very soft jumbo eyeshadow pencils and apply that as my liner, or use the same brush for smudging powder product on top of gel liner. The shape of your brush, as well as the stiffness and fiber/hair type can make it easier - or or more difficult - to wing out your liner towards the outer corners of your eyes exactly the way you want, or to get a thinner line towards the inner corners. A big part of enjoying makeup is the opportunity to play with it :) What type of brush did you use this time around? The dress BTW looks spectacular on you! Great choice with the color & the style. You look incredibly well put together. Honestly, if you hadn't said you are transgendered, I never woulda guessed. No BS.

Quote: Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally think you did a great job. Even moreso as it's your first cat eye. Your entire makeup look & hair style really suit you. You look really pretty :)

Try various different brushes, which can give you different results with your eyeliner. My favorite ones are a bent synthetic liner which I love for gel liners & thinner liner close to my lashes, a natural-hair lip-liner type brush which works really well with liquid liners, and a medium-stiffness, angled, natural hair brush that can also be used for brows. I'll often dip it into my very soft jumbo eyeshadow pencils and apply that as my liner, or use the same brush for smudging powder product on top of gel liner. The shape of your brush, as well as the stiffness and fiber/hair type can make it easier - or or more difficult - to wing out your liner towards the outer corners of your eyes exactly the way you want, or to get a thinner line towards the inner corners. A big part of enjoying makeup is the opportunity to play with it :) What type of brush did you use this time around?

The dress BTW looks spectacular on you! Great choice with the color & the style. You look incredibly well put together. Honestly, if you hadn't said you are transgendered, I never woulda guessed. No BS.

Hey girl thanks so much!  I just used the little angled brush that came with the wet n wild gel liner!  It took me forever to do the cat eye lol.  Thanks for the compliments, its good to hear my hard work is paying off!  its hard for any girl to look pretty, but imagine if you weren't born a girl!  Its a struggle :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey girl thanks so much!  I just used the little angled brush that came with the wet n wild gel liner!  It took me forever to do the cat eye lol.  Thanks for the compliments, its good to hear my hard work is paying off!  its hard for any girl to look pretty, but imagine if you weren't born a girl!  Its a struggle :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh, ok, I know which brush you're talking about. Yes, with a brush that short, it WOULD take forever :) The bristles on that particular one also aren't the easiest to work with. A brush with a medium length handle and softer but slightly stiff bristles would make things much easier for you, for sure. I don't know what your budget is like but, to cut down on expenses, it's usually cheaper overall to buy brushes in a set. If you're not at that point yet, just keep in mind that there are a lot of great brushes out there for very low prices. More expensive doesn't automatically mean you're getting better quality. Two of the brushes I mentioned above cost me less than $2 each, so I bought multiples. Love them. And don't get sucked into the MAC or other such brush hype. They're mediocre for the most part & overpriced for the quality you're getting. If you need some help with some brush brand suggestions or places to purchase them, you can PM me, no problem. I can only imagine how difficult life would be being born transgendered, trying your hardest to have your outside match how you feel inside. And, unfortunately, the backwards people in our societies with their bigotry & plain hatred make it so much more unnecessarily difficult for those in your position. But you can rest assured that despite the many people out there who are unsupportive of you, there are far more of us who are 100% supportive of you, who are willing to speak up very loudly when they see that bigotry & hatred in action, & who couldn't care less which genitals you were born with. And we're more than happy seeing you feeling good about yourself & to help you out with suggestions :) Even us plain-old-non-transgendered women started at the beginning with no idea what the hell we were doing in terms of makeup application & fashion, and many of us are still dismal failures at both LOL Good luck :)

Quote: Originally Posted by amymay7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What foundation are you wearing? Your skin looks awesome.

I don't want to admit it but I ran out of foundation so all I used was some concealer and followed it with powder!  I thought it looked awful but it turned out alright and the pics hide it well I guess lol.  Thanks though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back