My BE Storage & Organization

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First I want to introduce myself as I am brand spankin' new to Makeup Talk. My name is Lauren, I'm 31 and I'm almost a nurse (still have to take my boards). Like most people in these forum, I'm addicted to makeup! I have an 8 month old daughter named Mila and she's amazing! Since I haven't been working due to the baby and nursing school, I've had a fair bit of time on my hands. I decided to go through my hundreds of BE jars and neatly organize them by the kit they came in. 

First, I had to alphabetize all of my jars. Then I went color by color, and looked up which kit they belonged in. Once I had the kits together, I used a silver paint pen to write the names of the color on the jar lid. The next part was extremely tedious and frustrating at times. I had made custom drawer dividers out of posterboard to neatly hold each jar. 

Each kit was given a number (1-140 i believe). I then got photos and took swatches of each shade, and loaded them into a powerpoint document. The powerpoint was arranged with the corresponding number that each kit was given. I was crazy enough to do this because I always kind of forgot exactly what I had. 

In the near future, I will be having custom dividers made of some sort of plastic material. Once I get an idea of the cost, I may be able to sell custom dividers if given measurements. 

The pictures I've added are one of a screenshot of my PPT document, and the other is 1 of 5 drawers that have been neatly divided. 

Back