Bonjour Jolie

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone here subscribe to Bonjour Jolie? I'm not usually interested in this type of sub, but I noticed that a lot of the items I'd like to trade for were coming from this box, so I signed up. It looks like they often send bath items, which I love. 

I've seen a lot of positive reviews and unboxings, but I also found some negative comments about their customer service. I never received any confirmation when I signed up, so I've emailed them about it. 

If you've had experience with them, good or bad, please share!

I haven't see much positive about them to be honest. Mostly I have seen pretty terrible things about their customer service which has made me want to stay far away from this sub. Everything from mixing up customers billing information, to non-communication, to downright combativeness with customers.

I did hear back from CS suggesting my subscription confirmation might be in my spam folder, which it wasn't. I'm not filled with confidence, but will see how it goes. 

I did hear back from CS suggesting my subscription confirmation might be in my spam folder, which it wasn't. I'm not filled with confidence, but will see how it goes. 
Keep us updated! Hope your experience is one of the good ones!

This is one of my favorite subs! I've been a subscriber since last July, and I actually think they have great customer service.  I've never had a problem with them.

I'm a subscriber as well and have nothing negative to say about this company. I loved getting their box in the mail just in time for my period, so much nicer to get some treats with the necessities instead of having to purchase them from somewhere myself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Just as I was catching up on this thread, my box arrived! My phone battery is dying, so all I could do is jumble it all together in one pic, but everything was beautifully wrapped and organized when it came, with faux flower petals sprinkled on top. And...errr....not all the chocolate made it into the photo. 

Not hiding spoilers since I'm probably the last person to get this box. It contained:

•  Monthly necessities; they got my order right. (Softcups!) Also two Advils and two cleansing cloths. 

•  3 tea bags... one was chocolate mint, which is more minty than chocolatey, but it's delicious.

•  Moon pie, marshmallow heart, strawberry hershey kisses and tootsie rolls. 

•  A silvery heart locket on a chain. I think I'll put something scented inside, since it's filigree on the front.

•  Two mini soaps, two tea lights, bath salts and lip balm – all chocolatey! I've only tried the lip balm so far, it's very silky.

The box was $21 shipped in the US. (Priority!)  It has a different feel from my other subs, less commercial and more Etsy-like. A lot of thought went into the curation. The only thing off was the timing, but I'm really glad I signed up in time for the February box, and supplies will be waiting when I need them. I'm looking forward to March.

I've had a chance to use more of the items from February. The bath salts were lovely and made my bath smell chocolatey. The tea lights didn't have much fragrance once lit, but I guess that's typical of tea lights. The soap lathered well and smelled good. The tea and all the chocolate were great. 

I had one of those $2 solid perfume samples from Pacifica that came free with an order, so I put some into one side of the locket:

It smells great through the filigree.

They left a hint on facebook answering someone who asked for a March spoiler:

Quote: Hmmm a hint....how about it will be a "lucky" box!

Maybe green, gold, clovers... I don't know what fragrances or flavours to expect though. 

I've had a chance to use more of the items from February. The bath salts were lovely and made my bath smell chocolatey. The tea lights didn't have much fragrance once lit, but I guess that's typical of tea lights. The soap lathered well and smelled good. The tea and all the chocolate were great.  I had one of those $2 solid perfume samples from Pacifica that came free with an order, so I put some into one side of the locket: It smells great through the filigree. They left a hint on facebook answering someone who asked for a March spoiler: Maybe green, gold, clovers... I don't know what fragrances or flavours to expect though. 
I got the March box yesterday and posted about it in my blog.

Quote: Originally Posted by annifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the March box yesterday and posted about it in my blog.
I love your blog! Thanks for putting that up, I'm really looking forward to the March box. Orange chocolate is my favourite, so I'm happy to see that. Curious about the lotion bar as well! 

Quote: Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love your blog! Thanks for putting that up, I'm really looking forward to the March box. Orange chocolate is my favourite, so I'm happy to see that. Curious about the lotion bar as well! 
Thanks! It really is a great box!

Got my box! I have no idea how so many amazing bloggers take great photos of their boxes... I'm always too eager to get into things. 

Monthly items: They sent me a few more than I ordered, which is nice of them. I got two travel wipes and two advils as before. 

Orange chocolate candy, chocomints, toffies, biscuits – all good, but the toffee was my favourite. I haven’t had toffee in ages. 

Tea and honey sticks –  I almost never have honey in tea, so this was a nice change. 

Massage bar, lotion bar, castile liquid soap – Haven’t tried the massage bar. I can smell the coconut oil in the castile soap, which is nice. The lotion bar is the best, it smells wonderful. 

Bracelet – Silver with two little charms, a green disc and a clover. I do have Irish roots (on my father’s side) and will wear it proudly. 

Did anyone order the mystery/surplus box? I got lots of great stuff but was hoping for different jewelry and received two more of the silver heart lockets from February - it's ok though - they'll make great gifts. I also received a fancy eye mask, a heating pad, four bags of Brown sugar and fig bath salts, two chocolate lip balms, a beauty spoon/spatula thing, 3 sets of 3 rose soaps, a larabar, a moonpie, a stila pencil sharpener, a Gilchrist & Soames body lotion, two bobby pins with fabric flowers on them, ten or so bags of tea, three natural stone pendants, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember, but mostly free samples.

OMG I wish I would have ordered. I am dying for one of those lockets but had unsubbed before february. Its the mystery thing still available?

Oh, I totally missed that one! It looks like it's sold out now. It sounds like a great box, even if it had a few repeats. 

It looks like it's sold out now. I found the link through their Facebook page.

Initially my sub had a rocky start (took forever to ship out and their customer service continued to be vague) but they ship the monthly boxes out now like clockwork. Not the correct clockwork, but they arrive two weeks early so my products just wait for me. I like it. I know it's cheaper to buy your own, but this feels more like a treat and now I never have to go to the store to buy products lol.

I subscribed to them for 6 months. 4 of the 6 months my box was late. Twice they offered to "hold" the box and just not bill me for the following month, and once they sent it for free, but the months they "held" the box, I was still billed, and it was a mess to get it cleared up, at one point they even said I was trying to scam money from them. I don't know, I LOVED the boxes, but I always felt like I was being talked down to by the CS. Things got a bit better at the turn of the year, they hired a new CS person who seemed more on top of things. She suggested using their period tracker on their site to better track my shipments, which just made things more out of whack. In general, I think they have an awesome box but poor business practices. Beyond just CS, I'm fairly confident they do a lot of manually entering info from one database to another when people sign up, which explains the constant mix-ups of credit cards, email addresses and such.

If you like the idea of Bonjour Jolie but are leery of what you read, I just switched to Period for Good. They are 2 dollars cheaper, and a portion of each box sale goes to a charity you pick, which is pretty cool. They still send little treats and what not as well.

I've just recently subscribed/ I have gotten two boxes (should have gotten three). I still haven't been charged for my may box, and I was wondering if this is related to them trying to create user accounts

Latest posts

Back