HELP: Does anyone know of a special type of make up that gives the effect of hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I suffer from Alopecia Areta, in which I have little bald spots on my head, and was wanting to apply makeup on my bald patches on my head to help disguise my illness and blend in with my hair. Does anyone have any ideas of any types of makeup or techniques that might be suitable to blend in with my hair?

Thanks!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sandra

x

You can never use make-up in this context, because, well, you can't recreate hair in this manner. All you would do is end up darkening in a bald spot. Use a product called Toppik or Super Million Hair. You can Google both to get to their sites and the How to part. It recreates the look of real hair. I use it mostly on male actors that have bald spots, are balding and have thinning hair. And will work just as fine on women.

I've seen ads for something you spray on your head to make it appear fuller (similar to Toppik), but I never knew whether they worked or not.

I've seen ads for something you spray on your head to make it appear fuller (similar to Toppik), but I never knew whether they worked or not.
I've seen those ads too. The problem is the over-spray like hairspray does. Aside from that, does it work? I haven't used that spray, so I don't know.

The spray on stuff is just little fibers that cling to each other - like a fiber mascara. If you run your hand, or a brush or if (god forbid) it rains, they'll just run everywhere.

Source: A guy friend who was *cough* prematurely balding tried them with disastrous results. They don't look natural, either. :lol:

The spray on stuff is just little fibers that cling to each other - like a fiber mascara. If you run your hand, or a brush or if (god forbid) it rains, they'll just run everywhere.

Source: A guy friend who was *cough* prematurely balding tried them with disastrous results. They don't look natural, either. :lol:
Ah thanks @Shalott. Yeah I kinda figured, but wasn't too sure.

I tried those once and threw them away the same day. They simply did not work for me and seemed quite gimmicky. 

Latest posts

Back