HELP: Does anyone know of a special type of make up that gives the effect of hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I suffer from Alopecia Areta, in which I have little bald spots on my head, and was wanting to apply makeup on my bald patches on my head to help disguise my illness and blend in with my hair. Does anyone have any ideas of any types of makeup or techniques that might be suitable to blend in with my hair?

Thanks!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sandra

x

Have you tried Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder? It comes in brown, black, blonde,  and white. It's meant to cover up grays but if there is a little bit of hair there to cling to the powder will make it look like thicker hair.

I've seen informercials with two different products you might want to look into. The first one was called Hair Toppik & the second was great hair day (by Joan Rivers). I cut & paste the description for Great Hair Day below. Formulated with Procapil™, Joan Rivers Great Hair Day® fill-in powder strengthens hair while providing instant fullness. Applied to your scalp with the included brush, Joan Rivers hair powder resists running yet washes off without staining. This hair loss product for women includes flip open mirror.  It would probably be best to check out reviews of both products on YouTube. I hope this helps & you find something that works well for you.

Back