Homemade Organic Almond Milk! ♡

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
0.jpg

Hi guys! Here I am showing you how to make raw organic almond milk at home: Vanilla flavored :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This recipe actually surprised me at how easy and fun it was to make, so I just had to share it with you guys! 

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup raw almonds, soaked in water
4 cups filtered/purified water
1/4 cup agave (other possible sweeteners: dates, stevia, cinnamon, maple syrup, honey)
1 Tsp pure vanilla extract (try using alcohol free ones) or vanillabean
pinch of sea salt

Prior to making this recipe, you want to soak your almonds overnight for up to 2 days. longer they soak=creamier the almond milk.

When you're ready to make your almond milk, drain your almonds and rinse them a few more times with cool water until the water looks clean. 

First you want to put in your 1 cup of almonds, then you want to add your four cups of purified water. You may find that the almond milk is more watery than what you're used to, so to make your almond milk thicker used less water.  Blend it for 2 minutes.

Then add your vanilla flavoring, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. (or feel free to add an actual vanilla bean)
Now to add some sweetener put in 1/4 cup of agave nectar. 
Lastly, you want to add 1 pinch of salt, which really adds to the flavor. Blend again for 1 minute.

Now its time to milk the nuts, so you want to get your cheese cloth or nut bag& make sure its over a big bowl or the container of your choice. 
& taking the blender you want to pour the milk over the cloth, and let it slowly start to strain through. 
Then you want to pick up each of the ends of the cloth and start twisting and squeezing around the almond milk to assist the milking process. 
This whole process should take 1-2 minutes.

Once its all finished, you want to do a taste test especially if its your first time making it, so you can make sweetening or flavoring adjustments according to your personal tastes. 

Now go ahead and store this in whatever container you'd like, and keep it fresh in your fridge for about 3-5 days. 

I hope you enjoyed this recipe, of how to make homemade almond milk :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

xx Rachel

Latest posts

Back