Hair Color Opinion ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need help with my hair! I don't know if it's just that time of year where I'm pasty white and sick looking or if I've had one too many highlights. Does this shade of blonde suit my skin tone? Or should I just go for a different shade all together? I have an appointment next week so you can currently see a little of my natural color peeking out at the roots. I like being blonde but I feel like it's getting to yellow or just washing me out totally. HELP! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please excuse the awkward selfie.... lol

Hey girl, I'm going through the same issue but have just opted to go darker since I'm tired of my hair turning an ugly yellow color. My opinion, you could go either way, your natural hair color looks like a dirty blonde, similar to mine. You would look good with either lighter highlights or just going a nice warm shade of brown; both I think would nicely compliment your skin tone. The color you have now is making your skin tone look a little washed out. 

Good luck!

Hey girl, I'm going through the same issue but have just opted to go darker since I'm tired of my hair turning an ugly yellow color. My opinion, you could go either way, your natural hair color looks like a dirty blonde, similar to mine. You would look good with either lighter highlights or just going a nice warm shade of brown; both I think would nicely compliment your skin tone. The color you have now is making your skin tone look a little washed out.    Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback, it's hard to tell what to do with hair color when it's your own sometimes! I think I'm going to warm up my color & go to a nice brown shade. Blonde hair is so much work& I've noticed mine going that weird yellow or brassy color at times too.

Really similar to mine, I can't stand the upkeep anymore. I think it would just be simpler to get a box of $6 dye and do it yourself. 

Quote: Originally Posted by SeizeTheDay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Really similar to mine, I can't stand the upkeep anymore. I think it would just be simpler to get a box of $6 dye and do it yourself. 
I tried box coloring but I never know for sure what to pick...I haven't really seen my natural color in many years! Coloring on top of color makes me really nervous, especially with blonde.

I hear ya on the upkeep! I'm so tired of all over coloring and then highlights and then repeat. It also costs so much.

I agree, but apparently, going from blonde to brown is a lot easier than going from brown to blonde. Since the color has to counteract the blonde you should use a red base first and then put the actually color on. I would definitely either talk to a hair stylist or someone from Sally Beauty since they would give you an idea of what to be matched with. 

I think you look very pretty and you suit this colour along with the highlights. As soon as you get a lot more sun you will see. But if you personally believe that it is indeed a bit too light, well, I think... A maybe a nice brown with dark red streaks along with blonde highlights mixed in. Thanks:)

Ok, here's the new color! I think it's much better & not a drastic change.

I like it a lot, you're right, it's not a drastic change but it's a lot warmer and your cheeks look extra rosey. It gives your skin a nice warm tone, and it also makes some nice flecks come out in your eyes! Great color choice, do you think you will go any darker or keep it this way?

I may go a little darker next time, I'm really liking it so far.  Also a little afraid the color will fade before my next touch up. Stocking up on color protectors!

I think you look GORG!!!!! Oh my gosh you suit this. Good idea going with your gut, right...? ;-) Can't wait to see your next change. :)

I do love the new color, it really seems to bring out your eyes and even your cheekbones a lot more. I guess most of the times it is a much better idea to trust you gut feeling and go with that. If you are going to go even darker later, you’d better post a picture ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do love the new color, it really seems to bring out your eyes and even your cheekbones a lot more. I guess most of the times it is a much better idea to trust you gut feeling and go with that. If you are going to go even darker later, you’d better post a picture ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks! I will definitely post pics if I go any darker. 5 wks til my next touch up... Plenty of time to decide ( & then re decide) what to do next. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back