Beauty blender vs Sigma F80

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm looking for some comparison between the beauty blender and the sigma f80. I have the f80 and love the way it applies. I would love to try the beauty blender, and if I get it I want the real deal, but I want to know if it's worth it? What's your take on the beauty blender? Is it worth the hype? How different does it apply from the f80? -Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For me I greatly prefer my f80. But I pretty much just don't like my beauty blender at all :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've tried it damp and dry, I just can't seem to get an even finish with it. But so many people love it so I think it's worth trying

Depends on the foundation for me. More matte foundations I like better with a beauty blender, more sheer ones I tend to use a brush. I'm pretty dry though so I think that might be part of it, with the beauty blender toning down the "matte" level on some thicker foundations. If you really want to try a beauty blender, is suggest trying real techniques version. 6.99 at ulta. I own both and honestly they work exactly the same in my opinion. Then maybe if you like it shell out for a real one if you still want to try it!

I also don't like the BB, it sheers out my foundation to light coverage. F80 is my go to or my fingers.  I will say the bb works on my under eye concealer.

I love the beauty blender for applying cream foundation. It works beautifully. I prefer the flat kabuki brush for liquid foundations.

It's worth a try, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my beauty blender. I use it in my pro kit, would not go to any job without it.

Hope this helps.

I love how even my foundation looks when I use my beauty blender. I feel like I look way better when using the BB. But I feel like I'm using more product for some reason (actually, I'm pretty sure i am using more product) so in that regard I like using a brush. Anyone else feel like they use more product when using a bb vs. brush?

I have been using the Expert Face brush by Real Techniques so far and got the Beauty blender just 3 days ago.

In my opinion it was totally worth it. I like how the foundation or even BB cream just becomes a second skin, and it applies it smoothly and evenly.

Also, I like the fact that I need less product with the beauty blender.

It's true though that works much better when you're using it with a creamier or thicker foundation, with very liquid foundations I get about the same result than with using the brush.

I am very happy with the purchase, I'm gonna use it very frequently.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else feel like they use more product when using a bb vs. brush?

Actually I think I use less product with the BB, as I was saying in my post!

my beauty blender makes my foundation look more like skin.. it sheers out liquids but it looks FLAWLESS !! I'm torn betwn the two :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have the F80 dupe (amazon) and it works AMAZINGGGGG ! so I could imagine how the actual F80 works .. I used the brush if I want a fuller coverage && the BB of I'm going more natural :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use a Raw Colors brush that looks just like the Sigma F80, and like it waaaaaay more than the Beauty Blender. The BB wrecks my primer when used wet, and eats up half my foundation used dry. But I assume this widely varies by what products we all use.

I have both the f80 and the beauty blender. I use the f80 if I want a full finish and airbrush look. I use the beauty blender if I want a light to medium coverage. So it really depends on how much coverage you prefer. I like them both and the beauty blender is super easy to apply when wet.

Back