What's your favorite Makeup Brush?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's your favorite makeup brush? Prior I was using ELF's studio line brushes and I think they are fantastic, I can hardly believe their three dollars a piece. Now I just picked up the Sigma Essential Brush Kit and I am beyond excited. Do you like your Sigma brushes? 

I wouldn't waste money on sigma brushes to be honest because there are a bunch of those on ebay, just with not the sigma name brand, but very similar style. They work the same, the ones I have are "f80", "f82," "f84", "f86", and some other small brushes. They were a set $15 and worked beautifully. Many youtubers really hype up sigma.

I don't know anything about Sigma brushes, but what I can tell you is that I'm very happy I discovered Bdellium tools. Bdellium makes brushes that are very similar to MAC brushes and are actually manufactured by the exact same company that makes MAC. The only difference is, they're cheaper.

My favorite is the Bdellium 957. It is a flat-top powder buffing brush. Bdellium is also awesome because they have their Studio line, which has yellow handles, and their Bamboo lines which come in green and pink.

My other favorite brush is of course the good old MAC 217, an eyeshadow crease brush.

My favorite brand is Zoeva but It's hard to choose only one...
biggrin.gif

Oh wow this is interesting news to me. I really really really enjoy my Sigma brushes. I don't think I'd feel very comfortable purchasing a $15 set and expecting Sigma-like quality, but it's amazing that you've been able to! 

So far my favorite Sigma brushes are the contouring and the eyeshadow blending brush. The blending brush works so well, blends quickly and beautifully. I mentioned some of my other favorites on my youtube channel.

I really want to try out some MAC brushes. I hear they are very nice. I just wish they sold them in sets like Sigma did. 

I have the Sigma contouring brush too. To be honest I thought it was quite hard to use for contouring along my cheekbones because the angle of the head was too round and not sharp enough. So on my friends recommendation, I bought a flat-top angled contour brush from MOXI Makeup. Absolutely loving it so far! Cheaper than most of my MAC brushes and now I only use my MOXI contour brush for contouring!

My Quo brush kit- the bristles are soft and don't shed, and are awesome at picking up pigment. There are some fallout issues, but the blush brush is soooo soft that I sweep it, with no makeup on, over my face when I'm stressed. Ahhh.

I really like my Sonia Kashuk brushes from Target.  I'm too prone to losing things/my cats stealing things/etc. to invest serious money in nice brushes, so these are a good compromise.  I do have the UD Good Karma foundation brush, which I love. 

Maybe I should try that Moxi brush. I really like my contouring brush and I never really noticed your point until now lol. I guess I just always used it very lightly, I'd tap it on my cheekbones first and then lightly brush it on to blend because my bronzer was always too pigmented. 

Back