Too much purple...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm doing a wedding in May and the bride is a little bit of a 'zilla. She loves purple and has decided that her bridesmaids will wear purple dresses with a purple hair ribbon, groomsmen's ties, the decorations will be purple, purple on the cake, etc. anyway, she recently informed me that she wants hers and her bridesmaids' makeup to be purple. Lippy, eyeshadow, mascara. How can I convince her otherwise? I planned to snag one of her bridesmaids, do a trial with the purple and a trial with a few other colors and take lots of photos. But I'm afraid if I show her the results she'll still choose purple. I can't let this bridal party do their big day looking like they have hypothermia. What colors should I show her? What will look good on cool-toned blondes with purple dresses?

Quote: Originally Posted by BiskitMama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm doing a wedding in May and the bride is a little bit of a 'zilla. She loves purple and has decided that her bridesmaids will wear purple dresses with a purple hair ribbon, groomsmen's ties, the decorations will be purple, purple on the cake, etc.
anyway, she recently informed me that she wants hers and her bridesmaids' makeup to be purple. Lippy, eyeshadow, mascara.

How can I convince her otherwise? I planned to snag one of her bridesmaids, do a trial with the purple and a trial with a few other colors and take lots of photos. But I'm afraid if I show her the results she'll still choose purple. I can't let this bridal party do their big day looking like they have hypothermia. What colors should I show her? What will look good on cool-toned blondes with purple dresses?
Well quite honestly it's not the bridal parties big day… it's the bride and grooms. If that's what she's asking for then that may be what your going to have to do. Like you said you can show her what the make up would look like and if thats what she wants then unfortunately thats probably what your going to have to do.

I find sometimes you just gotta let them do their thing. The bride wants what she wants, and it is HER special day after all. Sometimes you just have to let in. Bridesmaids are notorious for looking dating and funny, and no matter what you do, her future kids will probably laugh lol :roflmao: I'm not a MUA, but I've been to my share of weddings, and there are always things that you cringe at. But if the bride wants her brides with purple hair, it's not my place to judge. I'm just there to celebrate her special day with her. Don't try to connive her and have her end up hating it and putting the blame on you.

Maybe you could offer to pay for a professional makeup artist to give the bride and each of the bridesmaids a look? She can take the bride's considerations into account while giving an expert and unbiased opinion.

Maybe you could offer to pay for a professional makeup artist to give the bride and each of the bridesmaids a look? She can take the bride's considerations into account while giving an expert and unbiased opinion.
I think she made the account just to ask the question, but from the sounds of it, she is the pro MUA.

Latest posts

Back