ANYONE WHO DOES HOMESCHOOLING??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courtnee

Courtnee
Reaction score
Okay... So I'm going to start homeschooling and I was wondering if anyone is or will be doing it... Would like to talk and ask for tips, and see what its like.:)

Hey! This post is from awhile ago but I just wanted to pop in to say that I'm home schooled! My homeschooling is a bit different than others though. I get all my work sent to me to do and I send it back. My tips would be to stay as motivated as possible, and keep your social interactions high! After I started home schooling I was really down because I wouldn't hang out with my friends as often, so even if it's once a week or once a month go out with a friend or someone! And get outside every day don't turn into your couch!  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HEY, THATS MASSIVE! I have been dying to hear someone talk about it, I do homeschooling th exact same way!!!!!!!! :w00t: :w00t:

how cool is that! ha, I think your point of staying active and motivated is so so true! I have had those moments where im kinda eh. and I loose focus.

and as for friends, on here, they are my only friends! :scared: but hey, what can you do right. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but we have meet ups every month maybe, but so far i haven't been to one, just cause im always notified waayyy to late! -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />     but im planning on going to one soon. :smilehappyyes: <_<

its awesome to have ya post here, thanks for the awesome tips. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there!

I am just wondering which homeschooling program you are using? I am looking for a legit make-up artist class that I can do from home? Any info you can provide would be great! Feel free to PM me!

Thanks

Stewder

Hello there!

I am just wondering which homeschooling program you are using? I am looking for a legit make-up artist class that I can do from home? Any info you can provide would be great! Feel free to PM me!

Thanks

Stewder
Umm... Ya, I already answered your question in another thread.

This thread is talking about an alternative to going to a regular school or institution like high-school or post secondary school.

I apologize, i should have been more clear... Make-up Artistry is a trade, just like hair styling, costume design, welding, construction, electrician, HVAC, plumbing etc. What all of these trades have in common is that they're all hands-on.

Sure there are a lot of tutorials on YouTube, but that's all they are, tutorials. And those tutorials are selfies. (Just look at MuT's video sub-forum to see what I mean). And the people that are posting them, what are their recognized professional or industry credentials? Remember, your education is only as good as the teacher that is teaching it.

Another example is Make-up Artist Magazine, which they have tutorials for specific steps in a make-up process, which are submitted by accredited professionals, but you need to be an intermediate / advanced professional to grasp what they are talking about, however even beginners can understand the steps as well. Its just that the actual application will garner better results to a professional rather than to a beginner, but that's only due to practical experience working with said materials in a variety of environments.

Yes academic and trade courses do have a companion online component to them through the school, and that information is in the form of theory, charts, written tests, but no videos, and access is not granted to the public domain, only to registered students via the schools' intranet. 

No one is going to hire a hairstylist or plumber that took an on-line course (if there is such a thing), let alone a make-up artist.

I know in your previous thread you mentioned you "cannot physically attend" being a consideration to attending a make-up school. We all have considerations or excuses that prevent us from change or moving forward. You need to ask yourself how far are you willing to go to achieving your dream or goal? What are you willing to learn, let go, embrace? But more importantly, What's preventing you from embracing change? No need to answer such private thoughts on a public forum... Unless you want to share.

Not too sure if this even applies to you, but there are ways around having a physical impediment even in this industry.

My experience with all this when I first started...

I was 30, absolutely no experience in make-up whatsoever. had a 9-5 factory job, a gf, usual small circle of friends, pretty much stability, comfort and complacency, no dreams or desire to achieve or explore beyond myself. But I was becoming more unhappy and disillusioned with my job, a strike at the plant motivated me to become happy.

Long story short. I quit my job, sold everything, got a student loan and moved 675 km to attend make-up school. That whole process took me 3 months.

I was willing to let go of friends, family, and lifestyle. Ironically, my gf at the time stuck it out as she was the only one who supported my decision, but our relationship shifted to one of friendship.

Sure it was difficult, but I gained new friends a different lifestyle (from stability based to change based), family will always be family regardless of closeness or estrangement, they never supported my choice, neither did my previous friends. That's the one thing that really galvanized me, is that you don't really know who your friends really are until an event creates change in yours or their lives... A sobering eye opener that one is.

Then new opportunities began to appear, and I took them.

The benefits of attending an actual make-up school will be far more rewarding one on the path to a successful make-up career. Again, how bad do you really want to become a make-up artist? What are you willing to do, give and have to get there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back