My beloved FOUNDATION has stopped working and I need a new one by tomorrow. I'm in trouble :/

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to Sephora and they gave me a tester for Make Up Forever's HD's Foundation and I LOVED it. After trying it 3 or 4 more times from those little circular containers I decided I must have it. I can use a brush, but I prefer to use a beauty blender. After I bought it...I used it and from the bottle it was nothing like the tester?! It didn't go on as smoothly or anything. I love the HD foundation because it's silicone based so it goes on so freakin' smooth and it never, ever looked cakey.

Overall my skin is pretty nice. I get a pimple here and there when I am super stressed, but I have tiny pores and really only need foundation because I choose to use it to make my face look a perfect as I can get it. My only problem is dryness/some redness. It's the worst! When I model or get my makeup professionally done most of the time they use MAC products. I find MAC foundation to be good, but not as "smooth." I have also tried Kat Von D, but it is SO HEAVY. I would have pimples all over my face in a week! 

Does anybody know of a foundation that is also silicone based, about the same coverage and will never look cakey because I put powder, matte bronzer and then a highlighter on top? I don't really care about the price when it comes to a good foundation, but am hoping it won't be outrageous. 

Which MAC foundation are they using? Most people use MAC Studio Fix which is a medium coverage, in  my estimation. I prefer MAC Face & Body, which is a light coverage and it definitely blends in smooth, especially if you use your fingers with it. I love F&B because it never looks cakey, especially under powder.

I personally would go with Bobbi Brown Long Wear or Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme. Both cover well without looking heavy on the skin, both last really well throughout the day - especially when set with NARS new loose or pressed powder, and both feel very comfortable on the skin. They can also be built up for more coverage, or worn more sheerly mixed with Laura Mercier Radiant Primer (I believe that's the correct name of it). Josie Maran tinted moisturizer also works really well as a base under both of these foundations, giving them an even better finish.

Neither, however, have that silicone feel to them, which I really don't like.

Quote: Originally Posted by LoveMelissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. It's great
Is this a silicone foundation? 

I dont know if it had silicone but I love bobbi brown brand for makeup Foundation. .. stila is good too. Never tried m.u.f.e. cause I felt it kinda too "liquidy"when I tested in sephora

Latest posts

Back