Can you remember the first make-up item you wore?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uglystick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What colour was the Jafra lipstick?

That nail polish sounds exciting :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmmm the first makeup item I wore would be also a glittery blue nail polish on an airplane!  The girl I sat next to put it on me :)

If it's makeup makeup, then it's a black eyeliner from Jordana that my friend in high school gave me :)

I made a total mess out of the nail polish, even put it on furniture lol (I must have been like 7 years old.. haha maybe younger) 

Then, I had  no clue how to take it off :/ I ended up leaving a goopy mess everywhere .. :/

I had this green Avon Glimmerstick that I wore to school every day. I'm pretty sure that's the only makeup item I ever actually used all of.

My first makeup experience was applying cat eye wing at the age of 14. I used a Maybelline eyeliner pencil.
Since I have been doing cat-eye for so long, I am pretty much an expert at it.
It seems to be the only thing I am good at. hah

My older sister had one of those very cheap eye shadow palette with 100 colors in them. And she would experiment on me. The colors were so muddy and bad, but I loved it. We would also draw faces on paper and color them in with the shadows. As far as something that was my very own?? No idea...so much of my early makeup life was stealing from my mom and sisters stashes!

The first thing i ever used was Clinique lipstick in Sugared Maple that my god mother gave me when i was 8. I'm pretty sure its the color that comes as a free gift with purchase, because i think i have like 5 of them at this point...

With the exception of all the makeup I used for dress-up as a kid, mine was a Maybelline tinted lipbalm called Kissin' Coolers. It was pink and peppermint flavored. This was closely followed by a Bonne Bell sheer gel blush that my mom always used. Timing-wise, this was around 1993.

As a kid, I always got those cheap kids makeup sets! xD 
I specifically remember one year, my sister and I and my cousins were playing with one of those old make-your-own makeup kits for little kids, and we had a make your own eye shadow one and make your own lipstick/lip gloss. I made so many of them, and I always kept them in a Bratz bag! (I loved Bratz dolls!) Then it disappeared out of no where, and still to this day I wonder where it went.

Blue (yes blue) lipstick of some kind.  When I was a kid, a friend's older sister decided to test it out on me.. lol  But the first item I actually used myself was black eyeliner (can't remember which brand).

SIZE=3][/size] Bonne bell Dr pepper lip smackers And maybelline kissing potion

Love this! I really can't remember the "first" thing, lip gloss? nail polish? I do know the first thing I remember (my first love thing) was drugstore green/blue mascara in 7th grade. I thought it made my eyes pop and was hooked from then on 
smilehappyyes.gif
!

Quote: Originally Posted by lorizav:

Bonne bell Dr pepper lip smackers And maybelline kissing potion
Haha...I do remember getting away with using the Dr. Pepper LipSmacker as "lipstick" before I was allowed to wear makeup for school. I had a plastic pencil case full of at least 20 LipSmackers, but that one totally got the most use!

hehe i always had lipsmackers on but i would have to say glitter eye liner. i would put it on when i got to school because my dad didnt like me wearing make up.

Im almost certain, besides dance recital makeup at about 5 it was Great Lash mascara in the 5th grade. I wore glasses and my mom let me wear it to help my eyes stand out more. Funny because GL is probably the product I hate more than any other today. Worst mascara ever.

I played with my mom's stuff off and on (got whooped good for it too!), but my first makeup thing that she bought me that I was allowed to ruin was a Wet n Wild lipstick that started out baby pink indoors, then would change to magenta out in sunlight! I also used to love going makeup shopping with my mom and grandma because I could try on the sample eyeshadows they had out; I'd put green on one eye, then blue on the other and say, "Lookit me! I'm beautiful!!" The ladies at the makeup counters thought it was adorable... ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

the very first thing I can remember is blue eye shadow in the fifth grade. The first purchase I made myself was at Nordstrom's. I got a gift card from my parents and I spent all of it at the estee lauder counter. I got that peachy lip-gloss they have as well as a huge bronzer. I got a few other things but don't remember what now.

Latest posts

Back