(Spoilers) Julep April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I know it's way early, but I'm already thinking of what the April colors could be. Last year had brights; those were pretty fun. I was sad that I subscribed too late to get an April box (signed up in May, got the meh June box). What are you guys hoping for? Also, the April birthstone better be a holo glitter (diamond)! April is special because it's my boyfriend's birthday! <3

Updates!

I didn't really like the brights collection and actually I'm not sure I've ever worn either of the colors I got from it yet lol (Avery and Molly, I think?).  I may lay low next month and wait to see if they have a big polish sale once the plie wand comes out in May.  I feel like they will do something big so subscribers don't bail.  I think I will probably neeeed the diamond birthstone polish though!!

I have been a Maven since November 2012 but have skipped the last few months (since August, I have only gotten the December and February boxes). I would love to see different finishes--I love the stardust finishes from February and I picked up Farrah on sale and really like its satin/silk finish, so maybe those in brighter colors? I want to see new colors that haven't already been released and would love for them explore more with different finishes! 

I have been a Maven since November 2012 but have skipped the last few months (since August, I have only gotten the December and February boxes). I would love to see different finishes--I love the stardust finishes from February and I picked up Farrah on sale and really like its satin/silk finish, so maybe those in brighter colors? I want to see new colors that haven't already been released and would love for them explore more with different finishes! 
Some neon stardusts would be fun. Not for everyone, but I'd buy them ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Some neon stardusts would be fun. Not for everyone, but I'd buy them ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Definitely! I've also been thinking about bright metallics, think finishes like OPI Swimsuit Nailed It. Or speckled like the Illamsquas and new Models Own. No matter what, I just want something bright with quirky finishes, not matter what exactly they may be.

I don't really like textured polish AT ALL! I feel it gets grimy and dirty but that may just be me being in the medical field. I agree that holos would be fun. Any glitters are always welcome but I wish they were more creative with a glitter in a gel or cream base or unique shaped glitters like LYNNDERELLA. That would be amazing. Neons or brights would be fun, but if they could somehow re-invent the obvious that would make me take a box. At this point I have so much polish and I don't NEED anything but I am staying with Julep because I can still skip and I am hoping they get on board with their creativity dept and do some amazing things. 

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't really like textured polish AT ALL! I feel it gets grimy and dirty but that may just be me being in the medical field. I agree that holos would be fun. Any glitters are always welcome but I wish they were more creative with a glitter in a gel or cream base or unique shaped glitters like LYNNDERELLA. That would be amazing. Neons or brights would be fun, but if they could somehow re-invent the obvious that would make me take a box. At this point I have so much polish and I don't NEED anything but I am staying with Julep because I can still skip and I am hoping they get on board with their creativity dept and do some amazing things. 
I agree with everything you said (except for the fact that I personally love textures, but can see how they wouldn't be for everyone)!

Even though I haven't taken very many boxes lately (I'm so happy I still get to skip when I want), I still really enjoy Julep and very happily buy polishes during the sales they often have. 

I'm wearing Lindy alternating with Echo right now, and I'd love more polishes like these. These two shades are rare because they came in the February makeup mystery box and Christmas glitter collection respectively. They're like jelly finishes (light pink and raspberry red) with iridescent chips of sheer glitter. Kind of a pain to apply, but gorgeous on. I'd like to see more like these.

Quote: Originally Posted by redjill /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wearing Lindy alternating with Echo right now, and I'd love more polishes like these. These two shades are rare because they came in the February makeup mystery box and Christmas glitter collection respectively. They're like jelly finishes (light pink and raspberry red) with iridescent chips of sheer glitter. Kind of a pain to apply, but gorgeous on. I'd like to see more like these.
OOOOooooh I just looked those up and they look BEAUTIFUL!!! 

I love Lindy as well! I'm wearing it over Zoya's Zuza, and it's like a mermaid is on my fingertips. Love it! I thought Lindy would be pretty limiting when I first got it, in terms of what it'd look good with, but I've been super pleased! It looks good on everything! ESPECIALLY Julep's Angela. Lindy + Angela is stellar!

I love Lindy as well! I'm wearing it over Zoya's Zuza, and it's like a mermaid is on my fingertips. Love it! I thought Lindy would be pretty limiting when I first got it, in terms of what it'd look good with, but I've been super pleased! It looks good on everything! ESPECIALLY Julep's Angela. Lindy + Angela is stellar!
Ooh, I wanna try that. I'm wearing it with two coats by itself.

So excited for april birthstone polish! Hope it is pretty, I really liked the garnet one for January.

CODE: PARTYTIME gets you this set for $19.99 vs $28. Not really a deal for me but maybe for others. 

I loved the brights collection last year. It was was my first full collection upgrade. I'm hoping for something similar this year.

I dunno, Julep has been going down hill with the birthstones… I hope for all the April babies that they come better than it's been trending...
gaehn.gif

Here for the box, hopefully I won't be waiting over a week for shipping nonsense again. Please, give me fun purples. Pleasepleaseplease.

Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We've been talking about it a lot in the march thread.
Yes, I just jumped over there and realized it. Sorry to post this here, but I depend on fellow MUT members to enable me hahaha. 

Latest posts

Back