redjill

(Spoilers) Julep April 2014

Can't wait to see what the product sneak peek is tomorrow (hopefully).  Crossing my fingers for something awesome!  Wishing they are steering away from makeup and going another direction.  I love their Bare Face oil and the beach tonic (except that the pump got stuck and doesn't work too well anymore...boo).

Really hoping for a body or pedicure product.  My feet could use some sprucing up after a long winter in boots!  Would love a mixture of shimmery muted colors and bright creams.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post

All full priced juleps are half off right now with code MADNESS

So, I think I am going to get the March Riviera colors that I wanted with this code: Harriett and Elisa and maybe Rae if it comes back in stock. I would wind up paying something like $16 and would only get the colors I actually wanted. This definitely beats taking my box this month. A great code for sure. Is anyone else going to use this code? What are you all getting?g.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoFab View Post

So, I think I am going to get the March Riviera colors that I wanted with this code: Harriett and Elisa and maybe Rae if it comes back in stock. I would wind up paying something like $16 and would only get the colors I actually wanted. This definitely beats taking my box this month. A great code for sure. Is anyone else going to use this code? What are you all getting?g.gif

I feel like I'm making a new Julep order every few days, which is fun, but I just don't know if I need more! Right now I have Casper, Eden, Karmen, and Denver in my cart. Sometimes what I'll do when I can't decide is let it sit there for a while, see if anything goes out of stock in my cart, chalk it up to it wasn't meant to be, and order what's left. Makes the deciding process easier on me, and makes me spend less money!

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

Really hoping for a body or pedicure product.  My feet could use some sprucing up after a long winter in boots!  Would love a mixture of shimmery muted colors and bright creams.

I would also love a body product. A self-tanning lotion would be great or a foot scrub to remove some of the dead skin from the winter haha. I love brights and shimmery muted colors too!!! 2 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be down for a foot scrub or foot cream too. Not so much for the fake tanner though, it might be pretty hit or miss with all of julep's subscribers.

I've been crossing my fingers for ages that the bare face cleansing oil would appear in a box but no such luck. I might just bite the bullet and buy it next month haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsealady View Post

They are doing a surprise peak of the new color for facebook shares.

Ugh shares? Well whatever whenever companies try to make me promote them to get something I want, I set the Facebook settings so only I see it. That way I don't annoy my friends!

• Like 2

I'd be down for a foot scrub or foot cream too. Not so much for the fake tanner though, it might be pretty hit or miss with all of julep's subscribers. I've been crossing my fingers for ages that the bare face cleansing oil would appear in a box but no such luck. I might just bite the bullet and buy it next month haha
I would love a foot or hand cream/scrub! I love the orange foot soak and like Julep's hand and foot products, so I hope they go in that direction rather than more makeup this month. I was looking on their website and they have a luxe hand cream now that I had never heard of but it's for sale, so I don't think that's this month's product... They may have the bare face available in the core classics box if they continue doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

Here's the post:
Looks like a satin finish maybe? And something sheer?

They both look pretty light, considering you can see the nail tips from under the polish. Sigh, I was hoping for some neons or brights. Come on Julep, April is my birthday month, give me a good excuse to "gift" myself the whole collection!

Also heads up on the Julep post. You can share it to only yourself multiple times. We can do it ladies!

I've been crossing my fingers for ages that the bare face cleansing oil would appear in a box but no such luck. I might just bite the bullet and buy it next month haha
The Bare Face cleansing oil did appear in one of our boxes. I wanna say it was September or October of last year :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint View Post

I'd be down for a foot scrub or foot cream too. Not so much for the fake tanner though, it might be pretty hit or miss with all of julep's subscribers.

They included it in the "Core Classics" box in February - between the oil, the sponge, the eye glider, and the free Love polish that month, it holds the honor of being the one and only monthly box I've taken since I became a Maven last August. I've been trying to use up another face wash before opening the oil up, but I can't wait to use it! 

I could actually use a good base coat. I don't have one yet, and just had to clean the green stains off my nails from my St. Patrick's Day mani.

I wouldn't mind a light sheer pearl finish polish, but the other one looks almost metallic to me. Or satin. I like neither very much ... But with the madness code, I'm kind of tempted to skip and just get 1-2 polishes that I missed and love (or are dupes to the new ones anyways ;) ). Unless the extra product or the colors are truly compelling .. can't wait to see! I love how Julep manages to always occupy my mind .. waiting for the selection to appear, deciding which polishes to get, waiting for the box to arrive, deciding whether I like the secret store, waiting for that order and then .. new selection coming up. Perfect addiction plot imo.

• Like 3

Well the Facebook post reached a 1000 shares, still nothing. I bet their social media manager is off work and forgot to check on it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Silva View Post

Well the Facebook post reached a 1000 shares, still nothing. I bet their social media manager is off work and forgot to check on it lol.

They just updated the picture on facebook. The colors are: 

A lime green satin and, from what I can tell, a sheer(ish) purple shimmer! 

Edit: Sorry @Kelly Silva I didn't see your post before I hit submit!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieS131 View Post

They just updated the picture on facebook. The colors are: 

A lime green satin and, from what I can tell, a sheer(ish) purple shimmer! 

Edit: Sorry @Kelly Silva I didn't see your post before I hit submit!  

Ohh those are gorgeous! I love purple and green together... So complimentary! :P Do you gals think those are going to be add-ons or in the actual boxes?? From looking at this photo, I have a feeling the formulas will be similar to Holly, which took me 3 coats to get full coverage. I hope that's not the case with these.

FYI...the April beauty items have been revealed on the blog: [spoiler=Warning: Spoiler!]It's a blush and a bronzer.  Each comes in two different shades. http://blog.julep.com/its-glow-time/

Interesting! Another item we were surveyed on! Those colors are really different from what I was expecting from the black and white photo. So far nothing looks interesting to me but we'll see tomorrow :)

They look like jelly beans to me!  I love jelly beans!  Not big on the lime and purple combo, but I bet there will be a lemon yellow, a shimmery medium pink, and an orange creamsicle.  If that's the case, I might be in for an upgrade.

Plus, my birthday month!  Fingers crossed that the diamond birthstone polish is awesome. :party:

• Like 1

Oooo!  I like the colors so far!  I don't think I'll be skipping April! Are they going to start shipping with the plie caps this month or did they just decided to have the plie caps snap on?