IS there an eyeliner pencil that can be used on the waterline?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A lot of the times I take a brush and paint a gel under my lashes 3/4 of the way to make it seem like it is on my waterline. None the less, sometimes I just do not have time! I want to be able to just put the pencil on my water line and go!!

Is there any black pencil that will actually stay?!?!!

I haven't found anything that actually stays.  The only pencil I can even get to apply on my waterlines is Lancome's Kohl pencil.  However, it just sinks down into my lashes after a while.

I've actually had great luck with L'Oreal's Khol pencils. I think they are technically called the Voluminous Smoldering Eye Pencil, you can find them at Target, Wal-Mart, drug stores, etc. They do require a sharpener and they come in black, brown and sort of a grayish color I believe. I always smudge a little after with a small detail brush and they seem to have pretty good staying power.

Three things... First you need to dab your waterline dry with a tissue... (Q-Tips are way too irritating). All you need to do is pull your undereye down so that your waterline is pulled down and away from your eyeball and very gently dab the tissue across. Never rub or wipe the tissue across as this will irritate your eye. Second use a soft kohl liner like Lancôme's Kohl pencil or MAC's Smolder, and line as you would normally do. Whatever liner or brand you use, make sure the liner is soft, and not hard. Make sure you dry the tip of your liner before you line your other eye by very gently twirling the pencil tip into a tissue. This will also help keep the tip pointed. Third, take a very thin angle brush or a very small smudger brush (not sponge tipped). And with a black eyeshadow, line the roots of your lashes. This will help in not only setting the liner, but will help in dramatizing the liner effect as well. The trick is NOT to line the waterline directly with powder, as this will irritate your tear ducts. (Tight lining you can use powder, (eyeshadow), but not with water lining). Tip: don't line directly into the tear duct, as this will activate it and your eyes will water. A very small gap, say 1-2mm is all you need from your tear duct, as this will give the illusion that your waterline is totally lined. This should keep your liner on for several hours before a reapp.

I LOVE Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Black. Stays put on my waterline, I don't need to set it and I don't need to touch it up! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back