Random Acts of Kindness--- The True Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There's a lot to be said about beauty. It comes in all forms. It's that perfect liner, that great hair day, the bathing suit that makes you feel like a million bucks. Even more importantly, it's in special moments of your life. The picture perfect sunsets at the end of a long day or that brief second that your child smiles for the first time. Who really can put a limit on what your perception of beauty is? It's all up to you. It's up to you how you choose to portray your beauty to others. I know. You're probably wondering where I'm going with all of this. The answer is simple. Today, I came across an unexpected thing of beauty and I really wanted to share it with you all. 

We all have our up and down days. There are times when you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders and you just can't get out of your funk. For me, today (this week actually), was one of those days. As I walked to my car to go home, I noticed there was a card on my windshield. 

I'm not going to lie, my first thought was that it was another sarcastic note telling me that my parking skills needed to be brushed up. What can I say, I'm not the one you want parking next to you. My motto... "it doesn't matter how crooked you are, as long as you're inside the lines, you're good." Then, I thought for a brief and I mean brief second that my husband maybe left sweet nothings on my  windshield. But to my surprise as I opened it, it was neither. 

It was just a few words of inspiration from a random person. Now I am in no way a religious person but just the thought that someone took the time to write cards with inspirational quotes (religious or not) and deliver them in 20 degree weather really warmed my heart. It made me really stop to think about the more important things in life. It made me take a look at myself as a person and ask myself why is it that I don't do more things such as this.  This one gesture was one of the most beautiful experiences I've had in a very long time and it just so happened that it came to me in my time of need.   
I will probably never know who did this, nor do I want to. It's just the fact that this note made a positive impact on my day [and a few others as well (I saw the cards on their windshields)] and if they wanted to be identified, they would have said so. That's what makes it so beautiful. 

It is things like this that show the epitome of beauty, inner beauty. It doesn't matter who you are or how hard you try to be beautiful on the outside, it's the beauty from within that really shines through. 

I took the time to look at the Facebook link and this is what I found...

Thank you Compassion Cards. This really made my day.    Thank you for stopping by The Messy VanityKat

Back