Beauty Blender

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I fell into the hype surrounding the beauty blender glad I only bought one for some reason this adorable soft pink sponge hates me wet or dry my foundation goes on horrible I don't know what I'm doing wrong I thought it was gonna be my hg but sadly it just sits in my makeup box unused

Are you wringing it out enough before you use it? I also read that some kinds of foundation don't work well with the beauty blender. I love mine :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm sorry yours isn't working out for you!

Yeah I took a few paper towels and squished out the water and applied my foundation and it looked awful maybe bc it was a drugstore foundation I'm not sure I just bought the kat von d foundation so maybe ill give the beauty blender another try

I use a beauty blender and it works great for me. I'm using urban decay naked skin which has a light consistency and I make quick dabbing motions all over my face. I hope you'll have some luck with the Kat Von D foundation.

I love the beauty blender! I don't use it for every foundation but it should work well for the Kat Von D. Make sure you have a nice primer for under that one, since it is thick. I always wring it out, dot the blender in the foundation and then dot on your face and roll it on your skin for a smooth natural effect. You can also use a stipple like motion to get enough coverage.

From what I know, Kat Von D foundation does not work well with the beauty blender. It has a very different consistency and texture from other foundations. Believe me, you're not the only one. I use Kat Von D, and I just stick to my fingers and a brush. One of my favorite beauty vloggers (whatwouldlizzydo), tried using it with her beauty blender and it just didn't work. She recommends a stippling brush.

That's not to say you can't make it work with some experimentation, but it may just be your foundation choice. I hope it works out! (^‿^✿)

Depends how much coverage you want too, if you want to sheer it out, use the priming serum and beauty blender, which is how I've applied it to clients before. If you want nice full coverage, use a brush like Dashery said (it's how I apply it to myself too). I definitely wouldn't use fingers with such a thick foundation though (although I somehow always end up with it all over my fingers anyway haha, they need to change the pump IMO)

The kat von d foundation ended up hating me it caused horrid cystic acne all around my mouth chin and nose so I'm selling that and I switched to the tarte amazonian clay full coverage foundation and I love it works great with my beauty blender

Quote: Originally Posted by twilightsmercy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The kat von d foundation ended up hating me it caused horrid cystic acne all around my mouth chin and nose so I'm selling that and I switched to the tarte amazonian clay full coverage foundation and I love it works great with my beauty blender
I'm glad you found something that works! I've heard the Kat Von D can be rough on some people's skin. I hope your skin's feeling nice and dandy now!

I've heard sooo many good things, I wanna try it! I work at Estée Lauder in Sears and I loooove our foundation brush lol. Idk if I could switch.

I had a knock off one and I hated it. I don't wear foundation though. I bought it when I thought I would like BB creams, but nahhh.

I don't like the beauty blender either. I don't hate it, but the coverage I get with is nothing to write home about. I get just as wonderful, if not better coverage, with my shiseido perfect foundation brush, and it's something that i will be able to use for years and years, as opposed to the beauty blender. I also felt that I was basically "erasing" my foundation with the beauty blender. 

I hated the Beauty Blender because I felt that it soaked up all my foundation. Perhaps it's better for a thicker cream foundation, but I use liquid. I know some have said that using it damp will make it absorb less of your makeup, but that just seemed to destroy my primer and result in pretty uneven application. I switched from sponges to brushes for foundation a few years ago. This recent try with the Beauty blender reminded me why I did.

I have used brushes for foundation as well but I really prefer a sponge. I almost always us liquid foundation and I actually haven't tried cream with the sponge yet. I'm wondering if you are ringing enough of the water out when your using it?

Yeah, I didn't get it that wet to begin with - just kinda ran it under the faucet real quick and squeezed it out. Oh, well. It was from a GlossyBox, so I'm glad I didn't pay the full amount to get it.

I love the beauty blender and the real techniques one if you use a water based foundation your prob not going to get good coverage with it it works well with true match and urban decays naked and revlon color stay and alot of bb creams in my experience and I love to use it for my under eye area

I bought a Soho one I found at Walmart for $5..I'm going to post a review of it on my blog eventually, I haven't tried it yet. It isn't shaped quite the same but it has the same concept. I honestly always felt that the beauty blenders were overpriced, though I'm going to get one free in my May Glossybox, so we'll see!

I bought a Soho one I found at Walmart for $5..I'm going to post a review of it on my blog eventually, I haven't tried it yet. It isn't shaped quite the same but it has the same concept. I honestly always felt that the beauty blenders were overpriced, though I'm going to get one free in my May Glossybox, so we'll see!
Overpriced, yes, but worth it. I have so many sponges from other companies (ULTA, Graftobain, SoHo, Real Techinque) and none really dupe the Beauty Blender though Real Techinques comes close.

Latest posts

Back