Advices for Photo shoot?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Next week we have photo shoot for yearbook.I still couldn't decide what i'm going to buy and which brand is the best for me.What i need ?(I am too young for too much makeup so i need simple makeup)

Instead of brands, I think its depend on what look you are trying to go with and your price range. You can use drugstore brands such as L'oreal, Maybelline, NYX, NYC, Revlon, Physicians Formula, Almay, Covergirl, etc.

You say you need simple makeup. Are you talking about a simple makeup look? If so, I would say either foundation/tinted moisturizer/bb cream/powder with eyeliner (and maybe eyeshadow if you like), clean eyebrow, and a lipgloss/liptint. Blushes and bronzers and highlights are necessary. Remember you wanna try to look natural but nice put together also. 

Hd makeup. When it comes to photos the best you can do is hd makeup. This is what they do for the news anchors. Since you are under such bright lights, the lighting will wash you out, and any small imperfections such as one pesky zit, will show up well in the photos, this is a big no-no. That being said, you are going to need a higher coverage, this means that foundation is pretty much inevitable. I wouldnt recommend BB cremes or tinted moisturizers regardless of how good your skin is because the coverage that might suit you on a daily basis wont necessarily look good in front of camera. If you want to go the high-end route, I'd recommend consider getting makeup for ever's hd foundation, or kat von d's foundation. These are both around $30 each, so if you are skeptical on spending that much for something you may only use once yet you still want the best look possible, I would recommend getting a Ben Nye or Mehron foundation. These are exactly what you seem to be looking for, because they are a decent price-point (around $14 each), and they are used in the television industry such as on news anchors. If you want to get a real bargain, I'd suggest looking at some of the nyx foundations. They came out with a brand new foundation called something along the lines of fullest coverage foundation. I havent tried it and have heard mixed reviews, but at around $11 you should look into it. I also believe that they have their own version of hd foundation, although the price is larger than most of their products at around $17 Another necessity for your photo shoot is a translucent setting powder. You can always go for the makeup for ever one, but you can honestly get around the same results with either the nyx one ($10) or the elf one ($6). I've heard wonders of the elf one, I actually ordered it yesterday! Last thing is if you feel comfortable highlight and contour. But dont do tooo too much, you dont want to look back at your photos and regret them. Remember: practice makes perfect! And the best part of your makeup is a smile:)

Back