Jump to content
zadidoll

POP Beauty Plump Pout (discussion)

Recommended Posts

I do want to point out that POP Beauty reps are in the UK. If I'm doing my math right it's 3:40 AM there....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does Ipsy's customer service department typically respond on weekends? I got two emails from them today. I'm ambivalent about their response. They are sending me an alternate product without me asking for one even though I unsubscribed a few days ago. What kind of gets me though is that the CS rep said she got one of the glosses and that hers did not smell like vanilla but it did not smell bad enough to prevent her from using it. Okay lady, whatever you say. Also, in response to me saying that I was concerned that people were initially led to believe there was nothing wrong with the gloss, she told me she was sorry I had been misled. I realize the CS reps are only doing their job and have probably been given somewhat of a script to follow, but it seems to me their responses are an off-putting mix of helpfulness and condescension.
Just wanted to clarify - the said they were sorry I was misled by what I read on the internet and that they never acted like there wasn't an issue, not sorry that they may have misled anyone. Maybe it's just my interpretation, but the responses other people said they had gotten, and them telling people to review the ingredients to see if it was something you'd want to use makes me feel like they were trying to make people think it was just their reaction/sense of smell instead of acknowledging that other customers had reported the same. I still feel like they are trying to tell me that the horrible smell is mostly in my head and that all of their employees are happily using their stinky glosses. I'm sure that is what the CS reps are being told to say, as I am sure they have been directed to admit to nothing. If I worked there and was told to treat customers like that I'd want to quit. Sorry about the rant. It just upsets me that they seem to think none of us is capable of thinking or deductive reasoning and we will just believe any excuse they choose to give.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by With2Ls View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by With2Ls View Post

Does Ipsy's customer service department typically respond on weekends? I got two emails from them today. I'm ambivalent about their response. They are sending me an alternate product without me asking for one even though I unsubscribed a few days ago. What kind of gets me though is that the CS rep said she got one of the glosses and that hers did not smell like vanilla but it did not smell bad enough to prevent her from using it. Okay lady, whatever you say. Also, in response to me saying that I was concerned that people were initially led to believe there was nothing wrong with the gloss, she told me she was sorry I had been misled. I realize the CS reps are only doing their job and have probably been given somewhat of a script to follow, but it seems to me their responses are an off-putting mix of helpfulness and condescension.

Just wanted to clarify - the said they were sorry I was misled by what I read on the internet and that they never acted like there wasn't an issue, not sorry that they may have misled anyone.

Maybe it's just my interpretation, but the responses other people said they had gotten, and them telling people to review the ingredients to see if it was something you'd want to use makes me feel like they were trying to make people think it was just their reaction/sense of smell instead of acknowledging that other customers had reported the same.

I still feel like they are trying to tell me that the horrible smell is mostly in my head and that all of their employees are happily using their stinky glosses. I'm sure that is what the CS reps are being told to say, as I am sure they have been directed to admit to nothing. If I worked there and was told to treat customers like that I'd want to quit.

Sorry about the rant. It just upsets me that they seem to think none of us is capable of thinking or deductive reasoning and we will just believe any excuse they choose to give.

 

Mind posting the email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by springerl View Post
 

 

That has to be some REALLY strong vanilla that they put in there if it covers up the smell of burnt rubber.  

If all it takes it a micro drop of flavoring to hide a petrochemical smell then I DO NOT WANT THAT ON MY BODY! We literally eat lip products. I have gone organic. Screw dat! LOL I am not eating burned Firestones. hahahaaaa 10.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I e-mailed them pretty late last night and they actually replied (from their end) at 1030 last night (1:30 am my time).

E-mail is saying basically what everyone else's is saying:

 

Hi K,

Thanks for writing, and I'm so sorry about this! 

As a result of a manufacturing mistake, the flavor/fragrance normally included in the gloss was accidentally left out of some batches. While the smell was off, we have assurance from POP that the product is safe. We're sincerely sorry that your first experience with this product was poor. 

I've sent a bonus item out to your address as an extra thank you for sharing this with us. We rely on our community to keep us informed. I'd also encourage you to reach out to POP Beauty customer service regarding your experience with this gloss.

Both ipsy and POP are committed to providing only the best for our customers, and we’ll be working hard to avoid such mistakes in the future. 

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns -- I'd be happy to help. 

Best regards,
Radhika

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So ipsy told me I would be getting an UD lipstick. It was not in my shipment information, so I emailed them. Turns out they ran out of UD lipstick, so I will be getting a mystery lippie. Here is what ipsy said.

 

Quote:
Thanks for following up with us. Unfortunately, we have since sold out of the Urban Decay lipstick that you were originally set to receive. I’m so sorry for all the trouble you’ve experienced! I’ve sent a bonus lip color out to your address as an extra thanks for your patience. I hope you like it!

 

So frustrating really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I received an email back from Pop Beauty

 
profile_mask2.png

POP Info [email protected]

cleardot.gif2:41 PM (0 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
 
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
   
 
 

Dear Lisa,

 

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experience with the POP Beauty Plump Pout in the IPSY bag. We are sincerely sorry that you have received a gloss that you feel was unsatisfactory.

Ever since POP Beauty started, our passion has always been to create the best products. With the recent POP Beauty Plump Pout in the IPSY bag, there was a flavouring issue with a small batch and we are devastated by this. We want to assure you that the product is safe for use and that most Plump Pouts delivered in this month’s glam bags taste like their regular delicious selves.

Please accept our sincerest apology and we hope that you  can forgive us for this oversight. We will be doing everything to make sure this never happens again.

 

Yours Sincerely,

POP Beauty

 

 

 

?ui=2&ik=84936d6734&view=att&th=144ad4d7a76a1525&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1 

Facebook

Twitter

YouTube

Sara’s Sonnet
www.popbeautycosmetics.com

 


From: Lisa Springer ] 
Sent: Friday, March 7, 2014 6:24 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 2
Importance: High

 

I received a mini version of your plump pout lip gloss in my Ipsy GlamBag in Feb. I was one of the many that received the AWFUL smelling product. To me, it smells like burnt rubber. Obviously, there was something wrong with it because lip gloss that smells THAT BAD would never sell with all the competition out there. Now on social media I have also seen people reporting chemical burns from this product. I would suggest recalling this product.

 

 

So as of now they are still sticking to their story that everythings a-okay.  Just some missing flavoring but, it's safe to use.  Flavoring my a$$.  They didn't even offer to send me a full size one.

 

*edited to remove my email

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think them offering to send full size replacements is now biting them in the rear because if Ipsy has even over 30,000 subscribers (I'm convinced it's near 100,000) and if even 10% contacted POP Beauty that's still roughly/potentially 3,000 full size replacements they have to send out. Granted that's just me speculating since obviously we'll never know. Still even if it was only 500 replacements that still a lot of replacements and the gloss sells for $16 that's still a hit of $8000 retail that they're out. Again, we'll never know for sure.

 

What we do know is that there were potentially 25 bag variations sent out last month and that there are at least four DHL locations which contributes to how many of those variations were sent out. Each bag variation ranged from roughly 500 to 4000 bags sent out. At a high that's approximately 100,000+ bags and at a low roughly 35,000. This month please take a look at your Ipsy exterior shipping bag and at the top you should find your variation #.

 

Any how, if even 10% of the members were affected and contacted Ipsy or POP Beauty that's still a pretty big number. They easily could have avoided sending out replacements in the first place had they been honest and said they're aware of the problem, discontinue using it until they can prove the items are safe and merely apologized. Offering some people a replacement and others nothing is really bad on their part since right now both companies have a black eye for the problem in the first place. It's not right to offer some a replacement but someone else nothing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post
 

I think them offering to send full size replacements is now biting them in the rear because if Ipsy has even over 30,000 subscribers (I'm convinced it's near 100,000) and if even 10% contacted POP Beauty that's still roughly/potentially 3,000 full size replacements they have to send out. Granted that's just me speculating since obviously we'll never know. Still even if it was only 500 replacements that still a lot of replacements and the gloss sells for $16 that's still a hit of $8000 retail that they're out. Again, we'll never know for sure.

 

What we do know is that there were potentially 25 bag variations sent out last month and that there are at least four DHL locations which contributes to how many of those variations were sent out. Each bag variation ranged from roughly 500 to 4000 bags sent out. At a high that's approximately 100,000+ bags and at a low roughly 35,000. This month please take a look at your Ipsy exterior shipping bag and at the top you should find your variation #.

 

Any how, if even 10% of the members were affected and contacted Ipsy or POP Beauty that's still a pretty big number. They easily could have avoided sending out replacements in the first place had they been honest and said they're aware of the problem, discontinue using it until they can prove the items are safe and merely apologized. Offering some people a replacement and others nothing is really bad on their part since right now both companies have a black eye for the problem in the first place. It's not right to offer some a replacement but someone else nothing.

I don't really care if I get something from Pop Beauty, I was just surprised since others did.  I just can't believe that they think someone would use something on their lips, let alone any other part of their body, that smells like burnt tires.  I don't care if it is safe or not. (I am going with not)   I just had a thought,  maybe it's a new tie in with NASCAR.  "You too can smell like Talladega."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by springerl View Post
 

Well I received an email back from Pop Beauty

 
profile_mask2.png

POP Info [email protected]

cleardot.gif2:41 PM (0 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
 
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
   
 
 

Dear Lisa,

 

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experience with the POP Beauty Plump Pout in the IPSY bag. We are sincerely sorry that you have received a gloss that you feel was unsatisfactory.

Ever since POP Beauty started, our passion has always been to create the best products. With the recent POP Beauty Plump Pout in the IPSY bag, there was a flavouring issue with a small batch and we are devastated by this. We want to assure you that the product is safe for use and that most Plump Pouts delivered in this month’s glam bags taste like their regular delicious selves.

Please accept our sincerest apology and we hope that you  can forgive us for this oversight. We will be doing everything to make sure this never happens again.

 

Yours Sincerely,

POP Beauty

 

 

 

?ui=2&ik=84936d6734&view=att&th=144ad4d7a76a1525&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1 

Facebook

Twitter

YouTube

Sara’s Sonnet
www.popbeautycosmetics.com

 


From: Lisa Springer ] 
Sent: Friday, March 7, 2014 6:24 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 2
Importance: High

 

I received a mini version of your plump pout lip gloss in my Ipsy GlamBag in Feb. I was one of the many that received the AWFUL smelling product. To me, it smells like burnt rubber. Obviously, there was something wrong with it because lip gloss that smells THAT BAD would never sell with all the competition out there. Now on social media I have also seen people reporting chemical burns from this product. I would suggest recalling this product.

 

 

So as of now they are still sticking to their story that everythings a-okay.  Just some missing flavoring but, it's safe to use.  Flavoring my a$$.  They didn't even offer to send me a full size one.

 

*edited to remove my email

So I really wasn't happy with their reply so I sent them another email.  Like I said in another post, I don't care if they send me anything,  I'm upset that they are still sticking to the "it's safe just a flavoring issue"  BS.  Here's my reply.

 

 

With all due respect, the item may still be safe for use but, why on Earth would I want to put something on my lips that smells and tastes like burnt rubber.  To me this is a defective product and mine is not the only one.  Usually when a company is faced with a defective product they issue a recall.  I feel that both you and Ipsy should have let consumers know immediately when you found out there was a problem and offered some sort of explanation.  Even if it was a small batch.  At this time I am very wary of your cosmetics and not sure if I will ever purchase them.  Also, that must be some pretty powerful flavoring to cover up that smell and taste.  I have a very hard time believing that was the only issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent ipsy an email a week ago, thanking them for the replacement, and I addressed the concerns we've talked about on here. Their response: MAR 06, 2014  |  09:29AM PST Angelica replied: Hi Tiffany, Thank you so much for sharing. We’re definitely not mad at you or any of our other subscribers who have recently raised this issue -- hearing about it was very helpful for us. As a result of a manufacturing mistake, the flavor/fragrance normally included in the gloss was accidentally left out of some batches. While the smell was off, we have assurance from POP that there are no problems with the efficacy of the product besides the smell. That said, we agree that it was unpleasant -- which is why we're more than happy to issue replacements and give everyone a second chance to experience the product in a much better way. In regard to the ingredient difference, we weren't initially sure why there was a difference, so we did some investigating with POP to learn more. We learned that they’ve recently changed the formula of the product (along with where it’s manufactured). The sample sizes we received were the new formula, and the full sized replacements that POP recently sent out were from the last batch under the previous formula. While it has some different ingredients, the new formula has been approved by the brand to deliver the same results, and from the brand's perspective, it will be of equal quality (with the exception, of course, of the mistake on some batches with the flavoring). They’ve been working with this manufacturer for 15 years for other products in their line and have a very trusting relationship with them (again, with the exception of the recent mistake). We are so sorry that you and a number of our ipsters had a bad experience. Both ipsy and POP are committed to providing only the best for our customers, and we’ll be working hard to avoid such mistakes in the future. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Sincerely, Angelica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by twotonetiff View Post

I sent ipsy an email a week ago, thanking them for the replacement, and I addressed the concerns we've talked about on here.

Their response:

MAR 06, 2014  |  09:29AM PST
Angelica replied:
Hi Tiffany,

Thank you so much for sharing. We’re definitely not mad at you or any of our other subscribers who have recently raised this issue -- hearing about it was very helpful for us.

As a result of a manufacturing mistake, the flavor/fragrance normally included in the gloss was accidentally left out of some batches. While the smell was off, we have assurance from POP that there are no problems with the efficacy of the product besides the smell. That said, we agree that it was unpleasant -- which is why we're more than happy to issue replacements and give everyone a second chance to experience the product in a much better way.

In regard to the ingredient difference, we weren't initially sure why there was a difference, so we did some investigating with POP to learn more.

We learned that they’ve recently changed the formula of the product (along with where it’s manufactured). The sample sizes we received were the new formula, and the full sized replacements that POP recently sent out were from the last batch under the previous formula.

While it has some different ingredients, the new formula has been approved by the brand to deliver the same results, and from the brand's perspective, it will be of equal quality (with the exception, of course, of the mistake on some batches with the flavoring). They’ve been working with this manufacturer for 15 years for other products in their line and have a very trusting relationship with them (again, with the exception of the recent mistake).

We are so sorry that you and a number of our ipsters had a bad experience. Both ipsy and POP are committed to providing only the best for our customers, and we’ll be working hard to avoid such mistakes in the future.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Angelica

 

Let me tear that letter apart...

 

As a result of a manufacturing mistake, the flavor/fragrance normally included in the gloss was accidentally left out of some batches. While the smell was off, we have assurance from POP that there are no problems with the efficacy of the product besides the smell. That said, we agree that it was unpleasant -- which is why we're more than happy to issue replacements and give everyone a second chance to experience the product in a much better way.

 

Again, they acknowledge a manufacturing issue which under FDA regulations could warrant a voluntary recall of the item. Per the FDA site:

 

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/HowToReport/ucm053091.htm

Product problems should be reported to the FDA when there is a concern about the quality, authenticity, performance, or safety of any medication or device. Problems with product quality may occur during manufacturing, shipping, or storage. They include:
 

  • suspect counterfeit product;
  • product contamination;
  • defective components;
  • poor packaging or product mix-up;
  • questionable stability;
  • device malfunctions; and
  • labeling concerns.
     

With drugs, a pharmacist is often the first to recognize a product quality problem. Nurses are often the first to recognize a problem with a medical device. Report these suspicions to FDA through MedWatch.
 

Examples
  • A physician reported to her hospital pharmacist that she suspected the epoetin alfa administered to a patient might be counterfeit due to unusual local reaction to the injection. The pharmacist, after inspecting the vial, label, and packaging, noted differences in the quality of the packaging between the suspect sample and other lots. A MedWatch report was submitted to FDA. Subsequent investigations determined that the product was counterfeit and contaminated with bacteria.
  • A customer returned to the pharmacy after purchasing a bottle of a liquid antacid and complained about the foul odor coming from the product when it was opened. The pharmacist took note of the terrible odor and also observed that the plastic bottle container was distended. The customer was given a similar product to replace this antacid. Next, the pharmacist checked the storeroom stock and checked the lot numbers of the affected product. Then the FDA was contacted to relay this drug product quality concern and to provide the necessary facts to investigate this production lot.
  • While stocking a box of 15 cc bottles of Syrup of Ipecac, a pharmacy technician noticed that one translucent bottle labeled as Syrup of Ipecac had a much brighter color than the rest. FDA was immediately contacted through its voluntary reporting program. Within one day an investigation was underway. It was discovered that the translucent product was not Syrup of Ipecac but another agent, that while not toxic would not produce the desired effect of Syrup of Ipecac if used to treat a case of poisoning. The investigation of this labeling mix-up resulted in the product being recalled.
  • A pharmacist observed that a 5cc unit bottle of diphenhydramine syrup made a rattling noise when shaken. After removing the seal, it became obvious that the noise was caused by loose glass fragments floating in the syrup. Recognizing the life-threatening nature of this product if swallowed, FDA was contacted. An FDA investigator picked up the samples and initiated an investigation at the manufacturer. The results revealed a problem with the production of glass bottles. This report resulted in a nationwide recall of the product.
  • A nurse noted a frayed cable leading to the pendant (hand control) of a hospital bed. An investigation showed that the wiring was faulty and had a tendency to fray at its point of entry into the pendant housing. This presented a potential electric shock and/or fire hazard. A recommendation for recall affected 33,155 pendants in distribution.

 

We learned that they’ve recently changed the formula of the product (along with where it’s manufactured). The sample sizes we received were the new formula, and the full sized replacements that POP recently sent out were from the last batch under the previous formula.

Which POP Beauty never announced on their site that their product will be or was undergoing a revamp of the ingredients. I do have my own suspicions on why the ingredients changed - that is the manufacturer in the US are the proprietary owners of that "recipe" and as such when POP went with the Taiwan manufacturer they had to use a different "recipe" this is why the ingredients are radically different. Why POP Beauty simply didn't say something to the effect that the Plump Pout was "new and improved" I don't know. Either way, what is sold at ULTA and at POP Beauty are NOT the same as the minis and as such are a completely different product. It's bad form on POP's part because if a person liked the minis, had there not been an issue with manufacturing, and went to buy the full size only to find out it was different... well that's misleading in my opinion.

 

While it has some different ingredients, the new formula has been approved by the brand to deliver the same results, and from the brand's perspective, it will be of equal quality (with the exception, of course, of the mistake on some batches with the flavoring). They’ve been working with this manufacturer for 15 years for other products in their line and have a very trusting relationship with them (again, with the exception of the recent mistake).

I don't believe that the new formula is "improved" from the old ones. Granted that's not what Ipsy said but that's the implication they're making. If you look at the ingredients from the so-called "old" full size glosses to the new ones, the new ones are missing numerous ingredients that the so-called "old" formula has that the "new" formula doesn't. The so-called "old" formula has avocado oil, vitamin e oil, almond oil, lavender butter, jojoba seed oil, mango butter and aloe vera extract... the so-called "new" one is missing all those items except the jojoba seed oil and replaced it with merely Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract (Elderberry).

 

Full size

Mini

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (and) Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer Mineral Oil
Mineral Oil Polyisobutylene
Polybutene Beeswax
Beeswax Diisostearyl Malate
Copernica Cerifera (Carnouba) Wax Silica
Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate (and) Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride (and) Stearalkonium Hectorite (and) Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12 Ethyl Hexyl Palmitate
Ethylhexyl Palmitate / Tribehenin Sorbitan Isostearate / Palmitoyl Oligopeptide Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
Benzyl Nicotinate Ethylhexyl Palmitate
Persea Gratissima (Avocado Oil) Silica Dimethyl Silylate
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin-E) Butylene Glycol
Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil Hexylene Glycol
Lavandula Angustifolia Extract / Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Lavender Butter) Phenoxyetharol
Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Seed) Oil Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil
Mangifera Indica Seed Butter (Mango Butter) Tocopheryl Acetate
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract
Fragrance.  Fragrance
[+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) [+/- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)
Iron Oxides (CI 77491CI 77492CI 77499) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
Red 7 Lake (CI 15850) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)
Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 6 Lake (CI 158502)
Red 33 Lake (CI 17200)].  Made in Taiwan. Designed in the USA
Made in the USA.  

 

POP Beauty needs to stick with their US manufacturer since the Taiwan one royally screwed up and the formulation for it is totally different.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ipsy said they were sending me a replacement mini as well as a mirabella pixie lipstick (judging from this thread, it's possible that's not what I'll receive)

 

and I got the tracking info days ago but all that shows up when I look it up on DHL is:

 

1000

 

So that's really disconcerting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosintoart View Post
 

ipsy said they were sending me a replacement mini as well as a mirabella pixie lipstick (judging from this thread, it's possible that's not what I'll receive)

 

and I got the tracking info days ago but all that shows up when I look it up on DHL is:

 

1000

 

So that's really disconcerting. 

Yep mine says the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the exact same email. What kills me is, SAY its 100% safe! why would ANYONE wanna wear something right underneath their nose that smelled like burnt plastic?!?! They know it was their fault yet they aren't telling anyone about it. We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experience with the POP Beauty Plump Pout in the IPSY bag. We are sincerely sorry that you have received a gloss that you feel was unsatisfactory. Ever since POP Beauty started, our passion has always been to create the best products. With the recent POP Beauty Plump Pout in the IPSY bag, there was a flavouring issue with a small batch and we are devastated by this. We want to assure you that the product is safe for use and that most Plump Pouts delivered in this month's glam bags taste like their regular delicious selves. Please accept our sincerest apology and we hope that you can forgive us for this oversight. We will be doing everything to make sure this never happens again. Description: pop shakeup your makeup logo in black-for email Facebook Twitter www.popbeautycosmetics.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you guys see their "official" statement on Facebook a few hours ago?  I wonder if they are lying about the FDA approved and 100% to use part...

-------------------------------------------------

 

Dear Ipsters,

Unfortunately some of you received a POP Plump Pout Mini with an “off†taste or smell as part of the IPSY send-out in February. We want to address this issue and explain exactly what we have been doing about it.

First and foremost we want to assure you that all of the ingredients used in the Plump Pout Mini, which are listed on the shrink wrap on the product packaging, are FDA approved and 100% safe for use.

The reason for the disparity between the ingredients listed on the product packaging and the website is that the full size version of the Plump Pout Mini is manufactured in the USA, while the Mini is manufactured in Taiwan. We recently reformulated the product, and our factory in Taiwan used the new formula to make the Mini.

We apologise if you have had a negative experience with this gloss. We have never encountered a problem of this nature with our products, and we assure you that we are taking this very seriously. If you feel that you have received a defective Plump Pout Mini, please do not hesitate to e-mail POP’s customer service at the e-mail address below. We guarantee that every e-mail will
receive a response.

Yours sincerely,
POP beauty

[email protected]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosintoart View Post
 

ipsy said they were sending me a replacement mini as well as a mirabella pixie lipstick (judging from this thread, it's possible that's not what I'll receive)

 

and I got the tracking info days ago but all that shows up when I look it up on DHL is:

 

1000

 

So that's really disconcerting. 

 

 

Mine as well so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this message!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I would go ahead and share myself....

 From March 6 from Ipsy....

Hi Misty,

I'm so sorry about this!

As a result of a manufacturing mistake, the flavor/fragrance normally included in the gloss was accidentally left out of some batches. While the smell was off, we have assurance from POP that the product is safe. We're sincerely sorry that your first experience with this product was poor.

I've sent a bonus item out to your address as an extra thank you for sharing this with us. We rely on our community to keep us informed. For a better-smelling replacement of your POP lip gloss, please contact POP customer service directly and they'll send you a full-sized version!

Both ipsy and POP are committed to providing only the best for our customers, and we’ll be working hard to avoid such mistakes in the future.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns -- I'd be happy to help.

Best regards, Denise   And from PopBeauty...I never mentioned Ipsy in my email in anyway   On March 7.....  

Dear Misty,

 

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experience with the POP Beauty Plump Pout in the IPSY bag. We are sincerely sorry that you have received a gloss that you feel was unsatisfactory.

Ever since POP Beauty started, our passion has always been to create the best products. With the recent POP Beauty Plump Pout in the IPSY bag, there was a flavouring issue with a small batch and we are devastated by this. We want to assure you that the product is safe for use and that most Plump Pouts delivered in this month’s glam bags taste like their regular delicious selves.

Please accept our sincerest apology and we hope that you  can forgive us for this oversight. We will be doing everything to make sure this never happens again.

Yours Sincerely,

POP Beauty

 

I told this wasn't an acceptable response and got this response....


 

DearMisty,

Weappreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experience with the POP BeautyPlump Pout in the IPSY bag. We are sincerely sorry that you have received agloss that you feel was unsatisfactory.

Eversince POP Beauty started, our passion has always been to create the bestproducts. With the recent POP Beauty Plump Pout in the IPSY bag, there was aflavouring issue with a small batch and we are devastated by this. We want toassure you that the product is safe for use and that most Plump Pouts deliveredin this month’s glam bags taste like their regular delicious selves.

Pleaseaccept our sincerest apology and we hope that you can forgive us for thisoversight. We will be doing everything to make sure this never happens again.

Please send me your mailing address and the colourdesired.

 

Best,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all. I've been lurking but al received a nasty lippie. I email pop and their first email asked for my address and color. I wonder why some emails ask for that info and some don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mind posting the email?
Sure, I'll do it as soon as I'm at an actual computer - I have never been able to figure out how to copy and paste from my phone. Btw, just read Pop's "statement" on their FB wall - more of the same nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did you guys see their "official" statement on Facebook a few hours ago?  I wonder if they are lying about the FDA approved and 100% to use part... ------------------------------------------------- Dear Ipsters, Unfortunately some of you received a POP Plump Pout Mini with an “off†taste or smell as part of the IPSY send-out in February. We want to address this issue and explain exactly what we have been doing about it. First and foremost we want to assure you that all of the ingredients used in the Plump Pout Mini, which are listed on the shrink wrap on the product packaging, are FDA approved and 100% safe for use.
I'm sure that the ingredients in the formula and.listed on the package are FDA-approved. That doesn't mean that the specific ingredients used in making these specific batches weren't contaminated or counterfeit. It doesn't mean that the equipment used to make them was in proper condition. It doesn't mean that there weren't issues in manufacturing or packaging or shipping that caused the batch to go bad. Without keeping a close eye on the manufacturing process, or routinely having independent checks done, it's hard to see how POP and other companies maintain the quality of their products. I wonder if these were drop-shipped to Ipsy, because it's hard to believe no one at POP noticed the problem, if it was simply the absence of flavoring. Wouldn't an easy check have revealed the issue? It amazes me that no one noticed the issue until you guys got them.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • No Buy Program Guide   I found a great new No Buy channel on YouTube (well it found me; it was in my recommended videos), a new No Buy channel from a New York concert pianist, Natalia Lavrova. I find this fascinating, because I love the world of classical music. Here is someone in my dream life, who loves shopping, and beauty subscriptions, who has credit card debt, and is doing a No Buy! I'll be fascinated to watch this channel and hear how this artist's No Buy goes as she is preparing for concert tours abroad! Ms. Lavrova has a really good Shop My Stash video with great tips on winter makeup colors, like icy pink highlighter. I looked for her piano performances on YouTube and they are stunning. This is going to be a big inspiration for me!   
    • I made it through the night with no buying! I slept through the shopping craving like it was an illness. I woke up after the 12 hours of sleep and as I was waking up I thought of a happy time in the 90's. I was young; all my family members were alive. I was at a Bond film, Tomorrow Never Dies, (I love James Bond and don't know what I am going to do when his new film is released, since I'm not allowed money for entertainment on my No Buy). On the floor near my feet was a big bag of Estee Lauder products that I had just gotten with my birthday and Christmas money. I had a full size moisturizer and a huge PWP, beautiful. The film had a great ending. The Bond girl was underwater, running out of air, and just in time, there's James Bond, the theme music resumes! Great scene! And walking around the mall after, how happy I felt! And today I am sad that time is gone, many family members are gone, life is sadder, time is running out, and I did not use that bag of Estee Lauder products up! I probably used them a few times and then threw them out and bought something else. And maybe if I had used every drop, in my mind, I could have held on to life, to time, to happiness. At any rate I would have had more money. If only we knew about No Buys and Project Pans then! This is just one of a million examples of how I think about this.  When I woke up Elle S was still analyzing her samples! She was talking about how her project taught her to evaluate (excellent video, Oct 1, 2017).  Last night in bed I took some photos of samples I need to use up. Sorry for so many long posts, but I've really had to work on this for the last 24 hours. Primers, shower gels and body scrub, toners, and masques.   
    • I haven't given in and bought anything yet, though I wanted to. I went to bed early (I think it was 5 pm), and I was listening to Elle S 365 Days of Samples playlist on YouTube. It is inspiring. Elle is detailed, persevering, and creative. I was very cozy, and I dreamed I was going to a spa in Europe. I was so excited about the spa, and about the skin care products the spa was going to have in the room for us. My mother was going with me, and I told her I was going to bring a minimal amount of beauty products in my suitcase, because we would be getting some from the spa. When I woke up I was sad, because the dream was so nice. Now I just woke up and I'm hot and thirsty, but the craving to shop has gone down somewhat. Before I went to sleep I looked in my sample boxes. I saw a beautiful mini lotion with a gold bow on the package that I got for Christmas and had already forgotten about. The glittery gold bow sparkled beautifully in the light.  This while experience today of realizing I have been on No Buy so long without realizing it has been interesting. I have been keeping busy with other things. I began going to a a new religious congregation a month after I went back on No Buy (a different religion I wanted to learn about for a long, long time) and have been busy with that, and have been making new friends and socializing more. The new religion is one that fills my need for intellectual and artistic (through its liturgy) stimulation. I've met wonderful people. It's not always easy to keep going there, as I'm shy and reclusive, but I've kept it up. Maybe this is what made the time go so fast without me knowing it.  I guess I'll go and listen to some more 365 Days of Samples.   
    • I'm changing the way I keep track of the time on my No Buy in order to motivate myself more. I didn't realize until today that I'm in month 8 of my second year! Four and a half months until completion of Year 2! I want to finish my mini sample products by June 12, 2020. Here is a partial inventory: Shampoo minis - all used up! Face cream, and face cleanser minis - all used up after a great deal of work and patience!  Mini body scrubs - 1  Mini shower gels - 7 Mini face primers - 8 Mini toners - 9 Mini face masques - 12 I still have to add up mini body creams, hair conditioners, and perfumes. I should reorganize them all to get a new perspective.   
    • Today is the test - will I pass or fail?  Two years ago at this time (end of January 2018, on a Sunday), I discovered Hannah Louise Poston videos for the first time. She had just begun her channel. I recalled cleaning my room while watching the videos and feeling very inspired about my No Buy. I was inspired for an entire year, until ... One year ago at this time (end of January 2019, on a Sunday), I was feeling down. The weather was very bad. There was no good food in the house. I started watching haul type videos. I decided to buy something I didn't need. I felt HORRIBLE and just went on a binge. I tried to hard to get back on the path, but couldn't. I didn't get back on the path until June, when I came back with renewed vigor and had huge success for the rest of the year.  I have been thinking, why don't I just let go again, today? After all, last year I let go and did not ruin myself that much, and then by summer, like a miracle, I was back on No Buy and finished all my goals for the year and more. So I'm using that as justification for cheating. I do have shopping cravings right now. Still, I have not used half of the nice things I got on my binge last year. What will I do? Will I relive 2018 or 2019?  ______ Several hours later. I still want to shop. I cleaned a bit while watching the very first video of Hannah Louise Poston, which was published on January 15, 2018 (Introducing My No-Buy Year!). Watching that brought back a lot of good memories. At the 10:00 mark of this video, Hannah was taking about still being in the exciting early phase of the No Buy, with packages still coming in the mail from the last fling before, and it all being new and not the long haul yet. Then I realized I'm not in the early phase, I'm in the long haul now. I looked at my diaries and realized that I am already halfway through the eighth month of my second No Buy year! It has actually been that long since I began again on June 12! I only have four and a half months to complete in my second No Buy year! I really had no idea I was so far along. So while the calendar year is young, it's August as far as my No Buy Year 2 is concerned. The second year of No Buy goes quickly! I still want to shop, but now I am looking at things differently, and may feel less tempted.   

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×