What is your favorite highlighting powder?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anybody tried any of the

QTY            1                   2                   3                   4                   5                   6                   7                   8                   9                   10                    $45.00
rouge free shipping
HOURGLASS
Ambient Lighting Powders?

Yes, Hourglass ambient powders are actually my favourite highlighters (and some of them are all-over finishing powders).

I have the Ambient lighting palette.

I love them cos the finish is subtle, yet very nice!

Quote: Originally Posted by ItalianDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, Hourglass ambient powders are actually my favourite highlighters (and some of them are all-over finishing powders).

What is the ambient lighting palette?

Quote: Originally Posted by ItalianDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What brush do you use?

The Ambient Lighting palette is a palette with 3 of their famous powders (2 highlighters -a golden one and a pearl one- and 1 all-over finishing powder).

I use a normal powder brush for the all-over one and the Real Techniques Setting brush for the highlighters.

I love my Ambient Lighting palette, use it every day.  I use my Le Metier de Beaute kabuki brush with it.  I find just touching the brush to pan picks up enough powder, no swirling required.

Fibre optic brushes (like the one pictured below) are made specifically for highlight powders. You need to use a gentle swirling or circular motion for the desired effect.

From drugstore: Physcians Formula Happy Booster Translucent powder or the lightest shades on their bronzer shimmer strips line.

High end: Tarte Highlighter powder I got it in a holiday kit

Indie: Brija Sunrise Highlighting Powder/Blush

I am obsessed with highlighters! I have the Hourglass ambient lighting powders (and blushes), Laura Mercier Baked Highlight, Becca Skin Transformers (I think that's what they're called?), and a highlighter that Tarte used to make, but I'm not sure if they still do. I have others, but those are the best. I usually just use  an angled blush brush or one with a taper like the Sephora Pro Precision Powder. I did just order the Wayne Goss highlighting brush though, so we'll see how that one compares soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by theangryandro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am obsessed with highlighters! I have the Hourglass ambient lighting powders (and blushes), Laura Mercier Baked Highlight, Becca Skin Transformers (I think that's what they're called?), and a highlighter that Tarte used to make, but I'm not sure if they still do. I have others, but those are the best. I usually just use  an angled blush brush or one with a taper like the Sephora Pro Precision Powder. I did just order the Wayne Goss highlighting brush though, so we'll see how that one compares soon.
I just ordered the Becca powder Skin Transformer in Opal, looking forward to trying it out.  I've become obsessed with highlighters recently as well and have ordered quite a few (Armani Fluid Sheer, Inika, Manna Kadar, Becca).  Will be interesting to compare all of them.

Yeah, Opal is the one I have as well (I want Topaz too, for more bronzey looks eventually). It's gorgeous and just melts onto the skin. I totally want to try the Armani fluid sheers too, I've seen them demo-ed and they're so pretty!

To the ones who mentioned the Tarte highlight, are you talking about the one called 'champagne' that came in a lot of their sets?

I have it, and I really like it too!

This isn't mine, but 'champagne' is the top, left color.

I haven't found the best way to apply it, but yesterday I used my ELF small stipple brush for the cheekbones and my finger for my cupid's bow and browbone, and it worked pretty well!

I love Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Bricks. I love to use Bobbi Brown's Bronzer Brush with it, however; lately I have been using Coastal Scents Large Angled Blush Brush which works virtually as good.

These are my favorites: (Some are blush others are highlighters)

MAC Strobe Golden Elixir 

NARS Luster

Maybelliene Blush/Hi Light in Mauve

Sleek Rose Gold 

NYX Sand

Black Radiance Bronzer Rum Spice

Benefits Watt's Up

NARS Taj Mahal which I use more as a highlighter with a matte blush 

Depends on how much product I want to use. Sometimes I use my Sigma or Sedona Lace stippling brush while others I use one of my angled brushes Sedona Lace. 

The balm Mary-Lou manizer and IT cosmetics are two of my favorites. Want to try the hourglass.

I have recently gotten into highlighters and I am truly enjoying the way that they transform my look. Just a few that I love are:

MAC mineralize skin finish in Lightscapade, Stereo Rose, and Redhead.

The Balm - Mary-lou Manizer and Cindy-lou Manizer

Becca Skin Transformers - Opal and Topaz

Too Faced - Candlelight

Phyiscian's Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent

ELF studio blush - Gotta Glow

High end and super inexpensive in the above list. I bet that you can find something that you will really adore!

Right now I am loving the balm's mary loumanizer, which is GORGEOUS. I also love Nars Albatross for summers, night especially, and becca skin transformer in opal.

Latest posts

Back