Help! What brush do I use with this shadow?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Christian Dior Diorshow Fusion Mono Long-Wear Professional Mirror-Shine Eyeshadow:

The enclosed applicator is useless. I LOVE the colors...and really want to get a smooth, even mousse like finish on my eyes! What brush would you recommend? 

I love them, but they're kind of hard to work with, honestly I usually end up using my finger and putting them as a base wash color, or popping them on top of my finished eye look. Maybe a flat synthetic brush would work well? I haven't tried that yet.

It all depends on where on your eye you want to put it, and the desired result and finish you want it to be. Since you said mousse and smooth look is what you're after, im assuming that you want a fluffy, yet long lasting look. To achieve that i'd recommend using a fluffy brush regardless of where you want to put the shadow. This way it will give a weightlessly smooth look which seems to be what you're after. If you want to use it on the majority of your lid, I'd recommend a big fluffy eyeshadow brush such as the sigma E50. If you want to use it on your crease or to just blend out, I'd recommend a fluffy blending brush such as the sigma E25 or sigma E35. I find these give shimmery eyeshadows like the one you mentioned the best look! Hope i helped, im always here if you need anything and my pm box is always open. Have a great day! Xo

Since this eyeshadow is a mousse-gel formula, I would apply it like a cream shadow, so you could use your finger if you're putting it on the lid. But I would use a brush that is made for cream eyeshadow, like a flat, thin, firm brush with a curved tip. Something like this:

This is my own brush by the London Brush Company and the designer of the brush told me that is was made specifically for applying cream eyeshadow since it is thin, firm, and springy. I'm sure you could find a brush of a similar shape either in the department store or by MAC, or you could find it by Crown Brush, probably Coastal Scents, etc.

Back