March 2014 Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the first time in 6-7 months I ordered a mystery box.  I got the box with Shannon since I thought it was a gorgeous color when we first saw a peek of it in one of the other threads.  It's also a silk finish which could be pretty in this color.  Last time I got burned by a mystery box by only liking one polish and literally nothing else!  It's always a risk but I have a good feeling about this one 
smile.gif

I got all the three with new polishes. I couldn't bring myself to get the 100% mystery box or the add ons; I've been burned by the add ons before (all dupes last time). At least with the others I'm getting really gorgeous green polishes.

I got the two glitter polish boxes, and the big add on. Hoping if I get dupes in the big add on, at least there's some other product in there I don't have.

I got the Taryn and 100% Mystery boxes with the $9.99 add on.  I also used my text free polish code to get Reiko. 

My resistance is weak as I've been sick with a nasty cold.  Or at least that's my excuse for taking 2 boxes.  I do enjoy the surprise element of mystery boxes
smile.gif

I'm hoping for one of the cream eyeshadows, as I really like the one I have.

Definitely more interested in these than last month! I think I'll try and wait until I start seeing what's in them before I order though and get one later :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm starting to run low on a couple of my favorite Julep products so I'd definitely get a mystery box if they have what I'm looking for :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I swore I'd wait for spoilers for the next mystery box before buying, but the one with the holographic glitter is reeeeeaaaaaally tempting me. Anyone want to pass that spoiler on to me when they see it? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a free polish code from taking a box 3 months straight.... I've heard that the code just reduces $11.20 (or whatever it is) from the total, so if that's the case I may get one (the Taryn polish is calling my name).  $9 for a box full of random goodies isn't too bad of a deal! I'm going to wait a few days to see what the box contents are first.  I reallllllly don't need an extra America polish or an eyeliner :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I feel like the value of the previous mystery boxes has been higher before or maybe it's just the flat $100 retail value that is throwing me off. Does anyone remember what the retail value of the previous mystery boxes has been? 

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I feel like the value of the previous mystery boxes has been higher before or maybe it's just the flat $100 retail value that is throwing me off. Does anyone remember what the retail value of the previous mystery boxes has been? 
The Cupid's ones were $75. I think older mystery boxes were more, some were less.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The Cupid's ones were $75. I think older mystery boxes were more, some were less.
Hmmmm maybe this is a good value after all. 

Quote: Originally Posted by DLei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the Shannon since I'm on a mint kick lately. I passed on the add ons, since knowing Julep they're just 53 bottles of America. 
I love the Shannon one too. It says it has a satin finish which I don't really like but the color is stunning, I wonder if an extra glossy top coat would make it more shiny? I don't have any satin finishes. Does anyone have any input on this? 

I know the Diamond Mystery Box from November 2013 had a $120 value and the Galaxy Mystery Box from September 2013 had 3 different boxes/values: a $20 box worth around $50, a $25 box worth about $75, and a $40 box worth around $120. (Or something like that.) I got two or three mystery boxes before those, but I can't remember any of their values.

I love the Shannon one too. It says it has a satin finish which I don't really like but the color is stunning, I wonder if an extra glossy top coat would make it more shiny? I don't have any satin finishes. Does anyone have any input on this? 
Oh I'm sure a top coat would work. I have a few of the satin finishes from January and a top coat over those gave it a glossy finish.

Yeah I really want Shannon too. Hopefully I'll be able to get her afterwards... Savvy deals anyone? Lol Yeah. It like a normal matte, but with shimmer. All you need is a coat of topcoat and it'll look like a normal shimmer polish, maybe a tad more creamy.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know the Diamond Mystery Box from November 2013 had a $120 value and the Galaxy Mystery Box from September 2013 had 3 different boxes/values: a $20 box worth around $50, a $25 box worth about $75, and a $40 box worth around $120. (Or something like that.) I got two or three mystery boxes before those, but I can't remember any of their values.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh I'm sure a top coat would work. I have a few of the satin finishes from January and a top coat over those gave it a glossy finish.

Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I really want Shannon too. Hopefully I'll be able to get her afterwards... Savvy deals anyone? Lol
Yeah. It like a normal matte, but with shimmer. All you need is a coat of topcoat and it'll look like a normal shimmer polish, maybe a tad more creamy.
THANK YOU LADIES! I am tempted to get my first mystery box. I have been a Maven since September but never got the Mystery box. The cupid one was one I wish I would have gotten but I really don't want to get an America polish and I feel they still have a ton of those. I think I am going to wait for spoilers and if I like at least some of the polishes and don't see America in them, I will bite the bullet and get the Shannon Mystery box. I did not take this months box and I have been really good about organizing my nail polish collection and doing my nails twice a week on my own so that is my rationalization. That works right????!? 
whistling.gif

I'm very tempted to get a mystery box, but I'm going to try to wait for some spoilers.  Although, it's been awhile since I've gotten a mystery box . . . .

I'm waiting to see spoilers but I'll probably bite the bullet and get one. I love all of the special polishes, and I haven't taken a box since December (nor did I take November or October), so I probably won't get many or any dupes.

Latest posts

Back