Sign in to follow this  
TooMuchElectric

March 2014 Mystery Box

I want Aislinn so bad but just do not need another mint foot cream or neon dips. I already have both! Surprisingly the other polishes would not be dupes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Silva View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige View Post

This page has spoilers for all four boxes plus the two mystery add-ons: http://www.evolutionofafoodie.com/2014/03/julep-lucky-mystery-box-spoilers.html

It's been updated with Shannon :)

Thanks, Kelly!  I'm still debating whether the $25 is worth it for basically the one polish I want (Aislinn) and the Mint Condition, as I either have or am not crazy about the other items.  I'd probably throw some Jules at this, if that was an option.  But since it's not, I will probably pass on this one.  It's great that we've got spoilers while there are still a few days to decide.

Come on, April.

Quote:

Thank you @Kelly Silva for the great blog.

I am officially skipping. Phew! $25 saved. No crackle for me and I have 2 dupes in this box plus the other two are not intriguing enough for me. PASS!

• Like 1

@Kelly Silva love your blog post!!  And from now on, I'm waiting for spoilers, or like you said, buying what I want when it goes on sale.  Just need to get past that part of my brain that convinces me I need to buy each Julep product right away, lol.

• Like 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki120306 View Post

@Kelly Silva love your blog post!!  And from now on, I'm waiting for spoilers, or like you said, buying what I want when it goes on sale.  Just need to get past that part of my brain that convinces me I need to buy each Julep product right away, lol.

yup...  This.  I suspect my sister will be the beneficiary of my hasty decision.

Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewee10 View Post

yup...  This.  I suspect my sister will be the beneficiary of my hasty decision.

Oh well.

Yeah I'm already setting up swaps for my duplicates.

So out of curiosity I went to the Julep site to see how much each of the polishes currently cost for the Shannon mystery box and the big mystery add on, just to see how much value i'm actually getting compared to if I would purchase each of the polishes individually:

Shannon Mystery Box - Tatiana, Fiore, Blakely and Shannon (Shannon is not sold on its own yet) each cost 11.20, Kennedy is selling for $3.99, Sabrna for 2.99 and the Glycolic hand scrub for 18.40 - total for the box is $70.18. I already have Blakely, so for me I'm really only getting $58.98

Big Mystery add on - Nicolette is selling for 3.99, Ciara for 11.20, Alaina and Char for 6.99 and the Mini top coat is $6.40 (recalculated based on the cost of the full size) - Total for the box is $35.57. I already have nicolette so I'm really only getting $31.58. I may also have Alaina (I will need to check when I get home).

I'm happy because I did not get many dupes, but when looking at it this way, I don't feel like we are getting as much in value as it is advertised.

• Like 3

Quote:

Quote:

This page has spoilers for all four boxes plus the two mystery add-ons: http://www.evolutionofafoodie.com/2014/03/julep-lucky-mystery-box-spoilers.html

Thank you for updating your blog with the Shannon Mystery Box :)

It appears as though I will burned again by a Julep Mystery Box.  If this is indeed the box I get I really won't want anything except Shannon.  The only other polish I like is Fiore but I already have something super similar so it's a bit useless to me (as a side note every time I check out on Julep Fiore comes up as a $4.99 add-on).

I must remember this the next time Mystery boxes come out.

At least there's no America this time ;) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydlr20 View Post

So out of curiosity I went to the Julep site to see how much each of the polishes currently cost for the Shannon mystery box and the big mystery add on, just to see how much value i'm actually getting compared to if I would purchase each of the polishes individually:

Shannon Mystery Box - Tatiana, Fiore, Blakely and Shannon (Shannon is not sold on its own yet) each cost 11.20, Kennedy is selling for $3.99, Sabrna for 2.99 and the Glycolic hand scrub for 18.40 - total for the box is $70.18. I already have Blakely, so for me I'm really only getting $58.98

Big Mystery add on - Nicolette is selling for 3.99, Ciara for 11.20, Alaina and Char for 6.99 and the Mini top coat is $6.40 (recalculated based on the cost of the full size) - Total for the box is $35.57. I already have nicolette so I'm really only getting $31.58. I may also have Alaina (I will need to check when I get home).

I'm happy because I did not get many dupes, but when looking at it this way, I don't feel like we are getting as much in value as it is advertised.

Sadly they'll tell you that the value is based on the full price of everything, not what they're actually selling for on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChick View Post

Sadly they'll tell you that the value is based on the full price of everything, not what they're actually selling for on the site.

I think @ydlr20 was trying to see if it would actually be cheaper to buy each polish/product separately. And to see if it's worth it even if she already has some of them. It's a great idea, I'll have to do that next time when spoilers come out.

Quote:

I think @ydlr20 was trying to see if it would actually be cheaper to buy each polish/product separately. And to see if it's worth it even if she already has some of them. It's a great idea, I'll have to do that next time when spoilers come out.

I was replying to her comment at the end of her post that the value of the boxes doesn't match up to what was advertised and how Julep would likely react if you called them out on the true value versus advertised value.

Wow, I'm glad I waited for spoilers! I must admit I think Julep did a much better job with curating these mystery boxes, but having Tatiana in each box really bugs me. I still probably won't get a box simply because I had a huge Formula X haul the other day. I'm covered on nail polish for awhile. I'm also not a huge fan of holiday themes, but the contents of the box & the 3 exclusive shades made it VERY hard for me to say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydlr20 View Post

Agreed! The advertised value of $100+ is for full price polishes, when most of those polishes are no longer selling at full price. This was my first mystery box and will probably be my last.

well I still don't have any feed back on my question about the 100% mystery box, but I'll get my answers in a few hours, my box is out for delivery. One thing I will say is that I am highly impressed with Julep's shipping. Extremely quick.

I was about to come back and correct my post because I realized I was wrong (I didn't think about it at all yesterday due to a death in the family), but now it's updated and all four are there. Yay. I personally like the box I will get/hope to get if my address screwup doesn't get in the way, but this is a pretty unimpressive set again. I used to love the mystery boxes, but that was back when they were all I got and I had no Julep polish at all. I suppose they're better for people just starting out than longtime members.

Quote:

I was about to come back and correct my post because I realized I was wrong (I didn't think about it at all yesterday due to a death in the family), but now it's updated and all four are there. Yay. I personally like the box I will get/hope to get if my address screwup doesn't get in the way, but this is a pretty unimpressive set again. I used to love the mystery boxes, but that was back when they were all I got and I had no Julep polish at all. I suppose they're better for people just starting out than longtime members.

Now I just feel like a polish-aholic, I'm "new" as of December, and the Cupid's boxes were good for me, a lot of new products. Then these I have so many dupes now! I guess it was because the Cupid's boxes with the dupes, I skipped (Makeup box, and Add on). Aww well I'll just wait until the spoilers come out next time to pick and chose the best box for me. If they continue with the multiple box trend and have them available for more than a week, it seems like there's plenty of time to get them before they sell out, but after spoilers arrive.

So this is the 100% mystery box I recieved. I looked it up, they sent me the small add on instead of the spoiler posted. Kinda bummed but I do love the shades.

This is my mystery box combined with my free first box.

This is the Welcome Box by itself.

To be honest, I am not sure if I should call and ask what happened to my box. I mean, I really love it and everything, but they sent me the small add on, so how is that a mystery box? I paid 24.99 for everything, which is a good deal, but I am kinda bummed I didnt get nearly what the other boxes promised. 3 nail polishes, 2 mini emery boards, and flower seeds is kinda wtf when other boxes got multiple nail polishes, handcreams, and neon dips. I think at least I should have recieved more polish... in place of flower seeds.

I'd call them. There must have been a mistake cause your box doesn't even come close to $100 even based on the full price. They do make packing mistakes.

So a coworker decided she wanted some of the mystery box polishes, but not any of the actual lucky special colors (she thought they were nice but just not colors she can wear), so she talked me into splitting the box w/ her! Yay, Im getting aslinn!!! (and whatever else shes not interested in). It works out to be about $3.50/product, which fine by me to pay those kind of prices! :)  (& used the freegold promo to get diamond theory too) Happy happy dance!!    Hopefully taryn & shannon will end up being sold separately & I can pick them up later- they did do that with a bunch of previous mystery- box-only past colors, see here:

http://www.julep.com/shop/nail-color/julep-com-exclusives.html

Evie used to be on that list too, now she's in the sale/savvy deals section, same with kyla, & monica.

• Like 2

Hopefully taryn & shannon will end up being sold separately & I can pick them up later- they did do that with a bunch of previous mystery- box-only past colors, see here: http://www.julep.com/shop/nail-color/julep-com-exclusives.html Evie used to be on that list too, now she's in the sale/savvy deals section, same with kyla, & monica.
You totally just blew my mind! I had no idea there was a Page!!!
  • Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex View Post

You totally just blew my mind! I had no idea there was a Page!!!

hahahahahah! lol :roflmao:  I'm always checking that page looking for new mystery box polishes to show up there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily V View Post

So a coworker decided she wanted some of the mystery box polishes, but not any of the actual lucky special colors (she thought they were nice but just not colors she can wear), so she talked me into splitting the box w/ her! Yay, Im getting aslinn!!! (and whatever else shes not interested in). It works out to be about $3.50/product, which fine by me to pay those kind of prices! :)  (& used the freegold promo to get diamond theory too) Happy happy dance!!    Hopefully taryn & shannon will end up being sold separately & I can pick them up later- they did do that with a bunch of previous mystery- box-only past colors, see here:

http://www.julep.com/shop/nail-color/julep-com-exclusives.html

Evie used to be on that list too, now she's in the sale/savvy deals section, same with kyla, & monica.

Hoping they sell them separately too!