Have you ever found applying make-up a chore?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm female and I find shaving a chore. I cannot imagine what it must be like for males. If I was male, I would get laser hair removal, at least on my face. As for me finding it a chore to apply makeup, I only use eyeliner and lip stick. Finding eyeliner that doesn't run or smudge has been a chore. I have to wipe off the smudged bits and reapply in the mirror at work like 15 times a day. I have a heck of a time applying eyeliner to my top waterline (tightline) without getting it all over my eyelashes. I get mad and give up and take it all off, then start over and only do my bottom waterline. It seems like people always ignore my question when I ask how they do it.

For me, it's usually only an issue when I'm rushed.  Sometimes when I perform, applying heavier makeup, false eyelashes, and such can become a bit taxing if I'm trying to work within a limited time frame (or improvising on a space to apply everything).  In these cases, I tend to stick with what I'm familiar with, and I find that tends to diminish the chances of something not working/having to be re-done.

I am having a terrible problem.. perhaps others might know what to do to help but I wear glasses and my eyesight is getting so bad I can't see to put my eyeshadow on.. Sometimes my husband says what the heck did you put on your eyes??  I can't even tell.. I complained to my eye doctor about it and asked about having lasik eye surgery but he says I am not a candidate???  Anyway.. HELP!!  What can I do to put my make up on?  I have so many great palettes and make up items but tend not to put anything on because I can't see!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by cherilynn8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am having a terrible problem.. perhaps others might know what to do to help but I wear glasses and my eyesight is getting so bad I can't see to put my eyeshadow on.. Sometimes my husband says what the heck did you put on your eyes??  I can't even tell.. I complained to my eye doctor about it and asked about having lasik eye surgery but he says I am not a candidate???  Anyway.. HELP!!  What can I do to put my make up on?  I have so many great palettes and make up items but tend not to put anything on because I can't see!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Do you have a magnifying  mirror? My eyesight is great but I love using a magnifying mirror. Goodluck

I find it quite relaxing lol! Although not so much when running late for work or getting hurried whilst on a night out x

I only feel like its A chore when i wake up and feel lazy D; or when im being rushed to go somewhere and i dont want to go with out make up.

I don't think it's a chore!  I have fun doing it every day.  I think of doing my hair as a definite chore though.  I'm so sad I wasn't born with wash-and-go hair. 

While doing my hair and makeup is something I enjoy greatly and put a lot of money into, it is sometimes a hassle. i have to start getting ready (as in, get in the shower) two hours before leaving the house, because I don't like myself with a "no-makeup" or even "minimal makeup" look, or even a low-maintenance hairstyle that takes less time. For things like appointments that are too early in the day, it is a damn chore. But it's a chore I do out of my own idea of necessity, that I bet the people who see me don't care much about.

Edited to add: The mention of shaving...haha. I'm a female of Italian descent who works in the adult industry. 80% of my body, every single day. That's a bit of a chore.

I love putting on my makeup, it's so zen for me most times. The only part that can eel like a chore sometimes is my foundation routine, being that I'm male I have to shave every which way, apply skincare, then make sure I have enough layers on that it'll last me through my 8-12 hour shift while still looking like skin and not drag makeup. It's a process.
My hair on the other hand, which while I love, is highhhhh maintenance, and I'd much rather pay a professional to make look nice.

I hate shaving! I'm half Indian, and while I don't look it, I have the hair to prove it lol :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> As for makeup, when I don't want to, I don't. I have good skin, and usually only stick to a lip, cheek and eye, but when I'm lazy I have no problem going to school with nothing on my face. Nails can feel like a chore too sometimes, especially when they start chipping and you know they're stained so you can't just take the polish off, but it seems like you have no time to do anything. I need my own crew at all times lol, like Mariah Carey...

I hate applying foundation, I never know if it's properly blended.

Lining my lips can be a bit of a chore because I'm bad at it, haha...

And low-quality eyeshadows are hell to try and put on. They're unpigmented and chalky and take ages.

Only every morning. lol. I'm not a morning person at all, so before 11 am everything is a chore

Oh yes, there are periods where I want to put minimal effort on makeup, when I feel down or sad or tired even a simple makeup is a chore.

Early mornings are never a pleasant time to put on makeup, never!! LOL

Agree that the most "upsetting" part of my makeup is usually foundation, I am not always satisfied with the result, and lastly I am hating every foundation I own, it never seems to be right for my skin or the right shade! I need to try something else I guess...

Also agree with applying poor quality eyeshadows, that's a hell of a chore everytime, when they don't blend nicely or they look uneven, or you just need to dip the brush 100 times in the damn product to get a decent pigmentation...

Quote: Originally Posted by Elena K /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Only every morning. lol. I'm not a morning person at all, so before 11 am everything is a chore
Basically this for me every day. 

I love make up and products, it is usually so much fun to play with. Applying make up every. single. day. Becomes a chore when you have a first grader, an infant, working, keeping up with day to day chores and errands….that is the last thing I feel like doing. I have been using this fish collagen product and I am comfortable not wearing foundation and I'm okay without powder. I highly recommend looking into it!

Adding on that sometimes I find NOT applying makeup to be a chore. I'll get home and ready for bed, wash my face and moisturize, etc. and there's this constant impulse feeling like "there's nothing on your eyelids. this is wrong. go play with your eyeshadow."

I always have to have some sort of lip balm on.

The only time I don't apply too much makeup is when my hair is super greasy and gross (the water mains where I live break down at least 5 times each winter due to freezing)- it's like, why draw attention up here if it's gonna make people notice my head?

Hi! I had that problem too until I got the eye laser surgery and now applyign makeup is FUN... Consider it. It's life changing

Back