Flat Irons!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a great flat iron? I currently have a Solia Ceramic Ion 1 1/4 inch, but I just don't feel like it's doing the job for me. I have hair that falls almost to the middle of my back, and I have found that this flat iron sometimes snags my hair as I'm pulling it down my strands. Also, I feel like the heat isn't very universal, and one plate tends to get hotter then the other plate. 

I typically straighten my hair every other day/2 days, but really like a sleek look when I do it. I don't want to fry my hair, but I want it to at least look smooth and maintained. Any help is appreciated 
biggrin.gif

I know they are quite the investment but I have loved my BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium so far. It does the job better than anything I have ever used before and works extremely fast. Even on some of the rougher days with a lot of frizz I just run it through once and it takes. You may want to look into it! 

Quote: Originally Posted by naturalbeauty3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know they are quite the investment but I have loved my BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium so far. It does the job better than anything I have ever used before and works extremely fast. Even on some of the rougher days with a lot of frizz I just run it through once and it takes. You may want to look into it! 
I totally agree with naturalbeauty3, I have a BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium flat iron and I really love it. Many others people love it, too. Check it here, it's #2 best seller with 4.4 point rating.

I have an HAI which I like but my sister has the GHD and I noticed when I use hers it runs across my hair easier and there isn't as much tugging and friction!

I have a chi that my sister had given me and i just dont like it.... and it definately feels like there is a lot of friction and the thickness of the wand seems big to me....  i heard that the GHD was really good, but have never really looked them up.

My sisters GHD doesn't even have a heat setting. It says it reads your hair or something-- I dunno if that's true. But it works. I think it was around $150-160.

wow...thats weird... i never feel like i get the heat setting right anyway.... but yikes.. don't think i can afford that right now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just purchased the Rowenta Stretch & Straight flat iron and its the bet ive ever used. I used to be a chi girl till i tried this. The plates are a mix of ceramic and tourmaline and the heat is adjustable up to 450 degrees. It also has built in teeth and comb your hair for you. 

My daughter has shoulder length curly hair, loose curls, and so for her birthday last March I bought her a Karmin G3 Pro Pro Hair Styling Iron (after watching the review see http://www.karminhairtools.com/karmin-g3-salon-pro.html)  Sam really likes it because she can do anything with it - have straight hair, have it really curly and up or just wavy, whatever she fancies.

My first ever investment on hair starightner was Philips HP8310.I follow the process with the heat protector spray on medium heat.The best thing, I love about this product is that it gives perfect salon like hair.Follow up the experts Hair Care tips on using flat iron effectively.

Back