Could this have made my hair break off???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
 I refuse to use any sort of singeing metal (aka flat irons, curling irons - even if they did have the magic word "ion") and I haven't blow dried my hair in at least ten years.  I use a conditioning treatment and shampoo my hair in accordance with the "do not anger your scalp" guidelines, and my hair responded well, with no instances of breakage, filletting, or anything else that the search engines made me worry about.  Fast forward to my bf's wedding...I never in a million years would tell a bride that I refused to go to the salon and have my hair done on her special day - especially when I was in the wedding.  Do I have a fear of heating equipment on my locks?  Well, yes, yes I do.  I had never had any issues with hair fires or anything, it was just that I knew "going blonde" was a huge commitment.  I shampoo my hair about three times a week, and I use multiple conditioners to ward off any potential "angry follicle" that may not like the temperature that day.

I did feel bad that I did not choose to get my roots done for her wedding....it had been about 2 and 1/2 months since I had gone in and had my roots done when her wedding was rolling around, but if I was going to take my blonde babies to the torture chamber out of my love for her, then I just decided that I would do my hair in a way that didn't show my roots as much.  (Seriously - it didn't look bad, at all, it helps that I have an odd hairline that allows me to use my hair-length bangs as a "cover.")  If it would have looked bad, I would have gotten them done, but it just wasn't.   

After I went and sat down, I realized that I just had to grin and say, "go for it."  While my hair was being done...it brought me back to the days of being five years old and dreading every Sunday morning, as my mom would break out her 400 year old curling iron and accidentally burn me at least once while rushing to get my hair "big"...lol.  I could hear my hair crackle and the singeing.  I cracked it up to some crazy and delusional paranoia I must have been experiencing.  About a week after the wedding...the inside, back layer of my hair broke off in a crazy, perfect line.  Of course, that left a very scary looking layer of long hair running over it.  I have a hairstyle that would resemble a very bad usage of hair extensions with the short hair just poppin' through.  I didn't cry or anything, and I never would say anything, as that would be ridiculous.  I am just writing this hoping that someone can give me some sort of inkling as to how the heck this happened??  I would just like to know if anyone thinks that had something to do with it?  or if it's a complete coincidence.  

Back