Question about Benefit's Big Easy.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any general thoughts/reviews on this stuff? I have a friend with dry skin tell she did not like the liquid powder texture at all, but I have combination skin so I'm not sure if it would be any better for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone have any general thoughts/reviews on this stuff? I have a friend with dry skin tell she did not like the liquid powder texture at all, but I have combination skin so I'm not sure if it would be any better for me.
i have combination and i just bought it, i'll let you know

I used it yesterday and today, I have combo/oily skin and I really like the formula. I put on porefessional underneath then dotted big easy on, buffed it out with the UD good karma blurring brush. It stayed put pretty well from 8:30 am to 2:30 before I noticed any shine. I've been wearing revlon colorstay for years but I really think big easy is more blendable. I like it!

Quote: Originally Posted by trustlust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Can I still apply a primer under this? Or is it meant to be worn alone?

You can but keep in mind American BB creams are more or less tinted moisturizers. I have it and it's nice but sheer.

Update: I've worn it various ways for a couple days now.  I think it was a light or medium coverage liquid-to-powder foundation, I definitely agree w. Zadi that they shouldn't be marketing it as a spin on BB cream- very misleading. 

It definitely wears best for me over primer and applied with a foundation brush-- but that's just me.  My t-zone gets SUPER oily and the primer helps the makeup stay put for 2-3 hours longer than without a primer. I tried it with both Porefessional and Korres Pomegrante Mattifying Primer.  

I got one of the small samples for $8 from the Benefit website in light, and it came with one of those cards that has a small amount of each of the seven colors in addition to the two foil samples they usually let you pick. 

I got a generous sample of Big Easy from Ulta this weekend and I really liked it.  It was a sheer creamy liquid that dried to a powder like finish and it had great staying power for me while keeping me matte for several hours.  I didn't use a primer under it, but I did apply a setting powder over top of it.  Sadly though, I woke up this morning with several small whiteheads on my cheeks and chin.  I have yet to try a Benefit product that hasn't broken me out and I was really hoping that this would be the exception.  Oh well, my Smashbox BB cream works almost as well minus the skin issues. 

Quote: Originally Posted by kaitlin1209 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Update: I've worn it various ways for a couple days now.  I think it was a light or medium coverage liquid-to-powder foundation, I definitely agree w. Zadi that they shouldn't be marketing it as a spin on BB cream- very misleading. 

It definitely wears best for me over primer and applied with a foundation brush-- but that's just me.  My t-zone gets SUPER oily and the primer helps the makeup stay put for 2-3 hours longer than without a primer. I tried it with both Porefessional and Korres Pomegrante Mattifying Primer.  

I got one of the small samples for $8 from the Benefit website in light, and it came with one of those cards that has a small amount of each of the seven colors in addition to the two foil samples they usually let you pick. 
I've worn mine the past 3 days, and I've found that it works better without a primer, but with UD's de-slick setting spray. I'm not looking to use this as "foundation" really, just as a tinted moisturizer for day when I don't want makeup. I have an HG foundation and with Big Easy, I may have my HG BB cream.

Quote: Originally Posted by trustlust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've worn mine the past 3 days, and I've found that it works better without a primer, but with UD's de-slick setting spray. I'm not looking to use this as "foundation" really, just as a tinted moisturizer for day when I don't want makeup. I have an HG foundation and with Big Easy, I may have my HG BB cream.

I think my skin just gets so oily that it's impossible for me to wear anything on my face without a primer, unfortunately.  I was hoping I could wear this without one (like you said, to replace foundation some days) but sadly my search continues! Glad it works for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Latest posts

Back