Makeup and men - what do you think

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The androgenous look seems to becoming favored again, and I think that means that more men might experiment with makeup.  What's your take on this.  To be clear, I'm a crossdressing male with an approving wife, but that is not the thrust of the question, which I suppose is - Men and makeup - do they mix?

I like guyliner and totally understand concealer and hair dye. I think I could possibly go for nail polish if the guy can pull it off. Past that, it's unattractive (although I do wish more men would take care of themselves in general--it's not hard!). Then again, I'm closer to hyper feminine than androgynous, prefer men that are closer to hypermasculine, and have never found androgyny attractive. Although, what I'm about to say may undermine that in some people's eyes! Hottest guys ever: Zac Efron in the HSM3/17 Again years, Robert Pattinson's messy hair and how he looked in that slim suit at the end of the first Twilight movie, Ashton Kutcher, Topher Grace and Danny Masterson in the second half of That 70s Show, Joshua Jackson on Fringe, and the longish-combed forward (but not emo-style) haircut that's in style right now. Oh yeah and every Japanese man wearing a suit, ever. Let's not get started on personality types (although Paul Rudd wins, hands down).

Omg, Sarah your boyfriend is beautiful. If you pair that look with a particularly masculine personality that's my perfection.

Quote: Originally Posted by saycrackagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg, Sarah your boyfriend is beautiful. If you pair that look with a particularly masculine personality that's my perfection.

Thanks doll. Yes, he has that type of personality. He's amazing. <3

I see nothing wrong with guys wearing makeup.  I very much believe in people doing what makes them happy as long as it doesn't harm other people/beings...so whoever wants to wear or not wear makeup should!

I think guys that can pull of "guyliner" are just beyond sexy. Billie Joe Armstrong, Adam Lambert, Pete Wentz, Gerard Way just to name a few. The guy I have been hanging out with now refuses to let me put eyeliner on him no matter how much I beg. lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Amanda M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The androgenous look seems to becoming favored again, and I think that means that more men might experiment with makeup.  What's your take on this.  To be clear, I'm a crossdressing male with an approving wife, but that is not the thrust of the question, which I suppose is - Men and makeup - do they mix?

For starters I just want to let you know that in no way shape or form do I have a problem with what you do. I know its off topic but I am very curious about you. If you wouldn't mind sharing can you tell me what draws you to this lifestyle. Its okay if you would rather not.  I hope I'm not crossing a line here.

My stepfather wore eyeliner and mascara for years. I never realized it until I saw it in his bathroom and asked. He applied it so lightly that it looked totally natural. Fooled me. Makeup is a wonderful thing.

i think that a bit of concealer and contour is fine but nailpolish and guyliner is kinda overboard in my opinion!!!

check out:  butterflyxwings.blogspot.com

Latest posts

Back